Team Row Pain, Row Gain

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] code_monkey

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] code_monkey » July 28th, 2005, 12:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ahjee867+Jul 28 2005, 08:13 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ahjee867 @ Jul 28 2005, 08:13 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey RPRG members!  I just joined your club today. Our rowing club started this year and we're slowly gaining members though as of now we only have 2 highschoolers (me being one of them) on the team, so I decided to take up the Erg and hopefully loose some weight before school starts. I'm trying for Erging every day we don't row, so about 3-4 days a week. <br />    Looking forward to helping the club's meters increase! <br />                                  AJ <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Welcome aboard.

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » July 28th, 2005, 4:35 pm

What's happening, ladies and gents?<br /><br />Have we lifted our collective foot off the gas?<br /><br />183,773 metres in 2 days, between 43 of us. that's only, errrr, 2136.8953 metres per member per day. <br /><br />Barely enough to work-off the raisins in our morning meusli.<br /><br />I know there's some vacationing going on, but even so. The Ducks are pulling away and MIT is getting perilously close.<br /><br />Back on the chain gang!<br /><br />

[old] rod7896

Post by [old] rod7896 » July 28th, 2005, 6:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jul 28 2005, 03:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jul 28 2005, 03:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->What's happening, ladies and gents?<br /><br />Have we lifted our collective foot off the gas?<br /><br />183,773 metres in 2 days, between 43 of us. that's only, errrr, 2136.8953 metres per member per day. <br /><br />Barely enough to work-off the raisins in our morning meusli.<br /><br />I know there's some vacationing going on, but even so. The Ducks are pulling away and MIT is getting perilously close.<br /><br />Back on the chain gang! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I've already got 77,543 this week, counting a HM I did today. That's about all I can do! <br />

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » July 28th, 2005, 7:17 pm

"I've already got 77,543 this week".<br /><br />Puts me to shame - I've only racked up 54,477. Sob.

[old] rod7896

Post by [old] rod7896 » July 28th, 2005, 7:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jul 28 2005, 06:17 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jul 28 2005, 06:17 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"I've already got 77,543 this week".<br /><br />Puts me to shame - I've only racked up 54,477. Sob. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Slacker! Back on your machine!

[old] jal183

Post by [old] jal183 » July 29th, 2005, 9:28 am

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jul 28 2005, 03:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jul 28 2005, 03:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->What's happening, ladies and gents?<br />Have we lifted our collective foot off the gas?<br /><br />183,773 metres in 2 days, between 43 of us. that's only, errrr, 2136.8953 metres per member per day. <br /><br />I know there's some vacationing going on, but even so. The Ducks are pulling away and MIT is getting perilously close. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />First, I'm impressed that you came up with the meters per member out to the 4th decimal place. <br /><br />Second, I'll confess that I'm making a difficult transition. I got my new model D - first time owning any exercise equipment - at the beginning of the month and the honeymoon is just starting to wear off. For example, I no longer have to "force" myself to take a day off. I'm trying to make rowing (i.e., exercise) a life change and that means that I have to work at sustainability. Right now, that looks to be about 35k a week. I know this will begin to increase as my times get faster and I can begin to row more meters in the same amount of time.<br /><br />That said, you're right. It feels like we're floating dead in the water. I'll commit to 20k this weekend - feels like a telethon. Trying for a new 10k PB this Saturday, so maybe I'll even bump past that.<br /><br />Thanks for the encouragement! I KNOW that <b><u>this part</u></b> of the concept2 experience (not the actual machine, but the camaraderie and the online tools) has kept me going THIS long.<br /><br />-John

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » July 29th, 2005, 6:15 pm

"I've already got 77,543 this week"<br /><br />Good man, prompted me to do a half (plus a warm-up and a warm-down) so now it's 77719km for the week. Tee hee!<br /><br />Any one else out there going to contribute Arthur Marathon to the team total?

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » July 29th, 2005, 6:17 pm

"I got my new model D - first time owning any exercise equipment - at the beginning of the month"<br /><br />Come on John, you can't let all that ergonometric technology turn into a clothes horse!

[old] rod7896

Post by [old] rod7896 » July 29th, 2005, 6:46 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jul 29 2005, 05:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jul 29 2005, 05:15 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"I've already got 77,543 this week"<br /><br />Good man, prompted me to do a half (plus a warm-up and a warm-down) so now it's 77719km for the week. Tee hee!<br /><br />Any one else out there going to contribute Arthur Marathon to the team total? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I've still got 2 days left Thanks for the kick in the butt though, maybe I'll break 100k this week!

[old] katbois

Post by [old] katbois » July 29th, 2005, 6:48 pm

Last week I was on a cruise in Alaska and managed 70k on board on a Model B with a PM2 no less. Let's get the lead out people. The BLUE MOON ROW is coming up August 19 where you have to row twice in one day at least 5k each time. So let's do it, come on! My bathing suit is begging you!<br /><br />Mark

[old] gaijin

Post by [old] gaijin » July 30th, 2005, 2:21 pm

There has been quite a lot of activity in the middle ranks lately!<br /><br />Terry, Seth, Ken, Grace, Mark and I have been cranking out the meters and jockeying back and forth for position.<br /><br />This has been great motivation for me - with my 100,000 meters this week I have finally logged my first million meters! It took almost a year to do it, but with the motivation of Team RPRG, the second million should not take nearly as long.<br /><br />Thank you all,<br /><br />Bill Haag

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » July 30th, 2005, 5:52 pm

Bill, <br /><br />Congrats on making the BIG million metres. <br /><br />Err, but we can't afford you to stop now.<br /><br />Your new target is 1000 miles - that's 1,609,000 metres (I think).<br /><br />I coud only add approx 10k this evening coz the gym closes early on a Saturday evening, and I'm unlikely to row tomorrow (going sailing) so my total for the week is a paltry 87,800. Sorry.<br /><br />PS - how many team members are regularly rowing at the moment? Surely we've not all gone back to doughnuts and TV?

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » July 30th, 2005, 6:06 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jul 30 2005, 05:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jul 30 2005, 05:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->PS - how many team members are regularly rowing at the moment? Surely we've not all gone back to doughnuts and TV? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi, all,<br /><br />Long time, no post....I haven't been rowing recently but I'm trying to get going again. Thanks to Jim and Ken for the private e-mails. And I don't eat donuts, though I do watch a bit of tv.<br /><br />I've had a few issues with arthritis (quit my antiinflammatory/pain med because it was killing my stomach), horrible weather (heat index of 115 degrees F last week--why make myself sweat in the air conditioning when I do it involuntarily every time I set foot outside?), and motivation. I'm starting up very slowly as a warm up to my physical therapy exercises for my arthritic hip (been neglecting those, too). I still want to hit a million lifetime by the end of the year, but I haven't had the nerve to do the math yet and see if that's still realistic.<br /><br />Despite my absence, I've been checking in the forum and standings and was thrilled to see us move into the number 8 spot. Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to all who have kept up the pace while some of us have been taking a sabbatical.<br /><br />

[old] jimjayhawk

Post by [old] jimjayhawk » July 30th, 2005, 9:04 pm

I was all ambitious last week... and managed to get a knot in my left shoulder that my chiro did what he could... and I did 6000 this morning... I'm going to see if I can do another 6 tonight... if not hopefully I can get in 10K tomorrow and stay ahead of the pack... <br /><br />For all you young, fit, healthy folks.... stay that way! 10 years of donuts and the couch potato lifestyle makes it h*** to get back in shape... everything aches whether I work it or not... Oh if I only knew then what I know now...<br /><br /><br />Jim S.

[old] julieofarc

Post by [old] julieofarc » July 30th, 2005, 11:03 pm

Just wanted to say hi to everyone! I just joined Row Pain, Row Gain (at least, I think I did it correctly.....) I'm a 31 yo SAHM of 4 children, and I'm planning on losing 50 lbs. by Christmas. I rowed in college (about 10 years and 65 lbs ago), and rowed on water last summer for a couple months with a community rowing group. I'm taking sculling lessons in 3 weeks (yeah!), and can't wait to buy a single to use on the water at the small lake near our house. I'm working on low, slow rows until about November, when I plan to start training for the Mile High Sprints here in Denver! Be seein' ya'll!<br /><br />