Rowpro, Try The Free Evaluation Copy

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Slowboat

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] Slowboat » November 11th, 2004, 4:53 am

Hi,<br><br>The Rowing machine is great for weight loss, but is even better when you have a proffesional weight loss plan created personally for yourself.<br><br>With RowPro this is part of the package, also we have a great online rowing community which gives great support and advice!<br><br>Download a free evaluation copy from www.digitalrowing.com <br><br>It is a full version, giving full access for 10 occassions.<br><br>Regards Paul.

[old] brianric

Post by [old] brianric » November 11th, 2004, 4:55 pm

Won't install properely on my main desktop.

[old] SteveV

Post by [old] SteveV » November 11th, 2004, 5:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-brianric+Nov 11 2004, 03:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (brianric @ Nov 11 2004, 03:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Won't install properely on my main desktop.<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br>try doing it on the floor <br><br>seriously, what is wrong when you try to install it, have you tried the latest Beta4 version, it fixes some loading/starting problems<br><a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/NEOTEKWEB/ ... 0Beta4.exe' target='_blank'>http://www.digitalrowing.com/NEOTEKWEB/ ... br><br>try airing your problems on the RowPro forum<br><a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/default.aspx?ItemId=45' target='_blank'>http://www.digitalrowing.com/default.as ... <br><br>or try e-mailing DigitalRowing for advice<br><a href='mailto:info@digitalrowing.com'>info@digitalrowing.com</a>

[old] Slowboat

Post by [old] Slowboat » November 24th, 2004, 12:56 pm

Hi, <br><br>Has anybody yet tried the evaluation copy, and tried out the weight loss rowing plan.<br><br>If so, what do think of it? <br>

[old] brianric

Post by [old] brianric » November 24th, 2004, 1:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-SteveV+Nov 11 2004, 04:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (SteveV @ Nov 11 2004, 04:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-brianric+Nov 11 2004, 03:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (brianric @ Nov 11 2004, 03:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Won't install properely on my main desktop.<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br>try doing it on the floor <br><br>seriously, what is wrong when you try to install it, have you tried the latest Beta4 version, it fixes some loading/starting problems<br><a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/NEOTEKWEB/ ... 0Beta4.exe' target='_blank'>http://www.digitalrowing.com/NEOTEKWEB/ ... br><br>try airing your problems on the RowPro forum<br><a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/default.aspx?ItemId=45' target='_blank'>http://www.digitalrowing.com/default.as ... <br><br>or try e-mailing DigitalRowing for advice<br><a href='mailto:info@digitalrowing.com'>info@digitalrowing.com</a> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br> Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.<br><br>Process id=0x5590 (21904), Thread id=0x6b04 (27396)<br><br>Click ok to terminate the application.<br>Click cancel to debug the application.

[old] michaelb

Post by [old] michaelb » November 24th, 2004, 2:57 pm

Are you have problems installing rowpro or problems running rowpro once installed(and are those problems when it starts up, or does it start and run and then crash?).<br><br>I can't remember what my problem with the install was, but I remember having problems. I have a partitioned HD, and I remember the first time trying the install with some customized selections, like the install location, etc. And that led to problems. So I deleted/uninstalled rowpro, and tried again, this time letting it do a completely default installation, letting it put what it wants where. And that worked (and has worked) fine. So some applications are fussy like that.<br><br>You also need to make sure you have the correct version of XP/2000, and the .net framework file (when you install RP, you get a prompt to download that if you don't have it, and that is required before the install proceeds). But maybe if you have some out of date version of the .net framework, you miss the prompt and that causes problems?<br><br>I would try again or give more info here or on the digital rowing forum.

[old] Slowboat

Post by [old] Slowboat » November 26th, 2004, 8:04 pm

Hi, <br><br>If you are using the rower to lose weight, then download the free evaluation copy of RowPro.<br><br>You get ten free evaluation rows, so you can set up a personal weight reduction rowing plan.<br><br>From the evaluation copy, the ten rows equate to two weeks of the plan.<br><br>After the two weeks you will get a good idea of the many benefits of RowPro. You can make and print copies of the personal weight loss plan so as to complete the plan when your evaluation copy as run out! <br><br>But I guarantee you that following the plan with RowPro gives you far more incentive, not to mention the many more benefits that RowPro has to offer.<br><br>If you have tried out RowPro for weight loss then please give your honest opinion. <br><br>Regards Paul.<br>

[old] Coach Gus

Post by [old] Coach Gus » November 26th, 2004, 8:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Slowboat+Nov 26 2004, 04:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (Slowboat @ Nov 26 2004, 04:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> From the evaluation copy, the ten rows equate to two weeks of the plan.<br><br> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br> Well, you do get 10 starts of the program, but between the bugs and the somewhat weird proceedures in parts of the program I managed to get in ONE online row during those evaluations. I like the idea of the online aspect, but am not particularly impressed with the program itself. Though some of you might find the training plans helpful.

[old] amheward

Post by [old] amheward » November 29th, 2004, 11:38 am

Personally, I love the program. Prior to getting it and the PM3 retrofit I wasn't particularly motivated to row more than once a week, and when I did it was often in the context of "when am I going to find the time to get this annoyance over with?" I've had my model C since 1998 and I never really tracked meters rowed or anything like that. I would usually just get on it and row for a set period at a particular heart rate.<br><br>Once I got the PM3 and then Row Pro, however, my training completely turned around. Now I row first thing in the morning when I get up. I'm actually disappointed on the rest days that I can't row. I find myself posting to rowing discussion forums and being motivated to improve my technique and rowing times, etc.<br><br>What the program did for me is give me a focus and a direction, as well as a means of easily evaluating my progress over time.<br><br>I think it's really cool.

[old] bgood

Post by [old] bgood » November 29th, 2004, 2:29 pm

Pretty much the same with me. Have a Model B since 1988, rowed on and off over the years. I'd row like crazy for hours and have to lay on the floor for a while. Bought a HRM and that changed the way I row. Started back at rowing for the Holiday Challenge in 2002 and logged my meters with C2 to January 2003 (about 500k). Didn't like having to manually log the meters on C2 and I dropped rowing again. In February 2004 I discovered RowPro, after 3 or 4 tries I had to have the program. I consider it a Personal Rowing Assistant (PRA), I like that it keeps track of my meters, that it will upload them to C2, and all the set and custom rows you can do. I'm not a competitive person but I like the option of internet rowing and tracking what others are doing. I've logged 4.4mm with RowPro since February 2004. Like you said, it too has keep me motivated and rowing. I hope I never stop again.

[old] balbec

Post by [old] balbec » December 9th, 2004, 12:48 pm

WHATS UP WITH THE ROW PRO FREE TRIAL, HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD IT SEVERAL TIMES AND THEN IT WONT WORK, NOT MUCH USE IF WE CANT EVEN VIEW IT. KEEPS COMING UP WITH ERROR....<br><br>MIKE D

[old] bgood

Post by [old] bgood » December 9th, 2004, 3:38 pm

You didn't explain the error very well, but my guess is your problem is most likely a video setting on the pc. Go to the advanced display properites\ Toubleshoot tab and move the slide bar for Hardware acceleration to None. Try RowPro again.<br>If this fixes the problem check to see if you video card has any firmware/driver updates.

[old] Canoeist

Post by [old] Canoeist » December 10th, 2004, 9:04 am

I couldn't use RowPro for several months because it crashed every time I loaded the program. Digital Rowing sent me 1.7 beta 5 about two weeks ago and I haven't had any trouble crashing since then. Beta 5 was supposed to be released to the public last weekend. So, you might call or write to Digital Rowingtell them your problem, and ask for a copy of Beta 5.<br><br>Don't give up, RowPro will be a fantastic program!<br><br>Paul Flack

[old] kentuckyliz

Post by [old] kentuckyliz » December 19th, 2004, 9:39 pm

My impression is that it's for PM2's. I have a Model D with a PM3.<br><br>Am I mistaken?

[old] SteveV

Post by [old] SteveV » December 20th, 2004, 2:48 am

<!--QuoteBegin-kentuckyliz+Dec 19 2004, 08:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (kentuckyliz @ Dec 19 2004, 08:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> My impression is that it's for PM2's. I have a Model D with a PM3.<br><br>Am I mistaken? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br> No, the main interest should be from PM3/Model D users, it's the only software available. PM2+ users have the choice of e-row on the old servers<br><br>RowPro is the way to go, try the free version 10 times before deciding if it's for you.<br><br>