New Personal Best

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] reynolds352

Training

Post by [old] reynolds352 » June 20th, 2005, 3:14 pm

Pulled my first HM Saturday, a 91:10.1<br /><br />Nothing special, but I'm looking to push it under 90 easily tomorrow for the Summer Solstice challenge... hopefully it won't be too hard to beat a 2:08.0 split!

[old] ancho

Training

Post by [old] ancho » June 20th, 2005, 6:22 pm

Summer has just begun, so here we go:<br />Today I was in a bit of a hurry, so no way thinking about a 10k.<br />Started for a 6k, and as I had to speed up, here my new PB:<br />22:16,6 (from 23:23,0) I passed the 5k more than 2 sec under my PB, so there will be more to come soon! <br />Hennie: there you have a new one to go for, I hope it will make you sweat a bit. <br />If you happen to be around Barcelona, let me know, pehaps we may have a glass of Rioja (or two, as Polaco has teached us about the benefits of it...)

[old] whp4

Training

Post by [old] whp4 » June 20th, 2005, 9:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Jun 20 2005, 10:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Jun 20 2005, 10:22 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Summer has just begun, so here we go:<br />Today I was in a bit of a hurry, so no way thinking about a 10k.<br />Started for a 6k, and as I had to speed up, here my new PB:<br />22:16,6 (from 23:23,0) I passed the 5k more than 2 sec under my PB, so there will be more to come soon! <br />Hennie: there you have a new one to go for, I hope it will make you sweat a bit. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />My prediction: this weekend in the 6k heat of the Rowpro Summer Race Series, my teammate Hennie is going to be capsizing errant recreational boaters with his wake as he blazes to the finish in 21:45 (or less). My further prediction is that any fluid losses due to sweating will be replaced by drinking a beverage made by fermenting grape juice in contact with the skins <br /><br />Bill<br />

[old] whp4

Training

Post by [old] whp4 » June 21st, 2005, 12:49 am

Holm Miehlbradt and I just did a HM for the Summer Solstice (he's in Thailand) via the wonders of Rowpro online rowing. He expressed a desire to try one around a 2:02 pace, and that being slightly slower than my recent PB, we agreed that I would pace him at that for 18k and then if I felt fresh enough, I would be free to accelerate to attempt to better my record a bit. Things were pretty well-behaved for about the first half of the row, and then the pace gradually picked up a little bit. I knew he was using a HRM belt and hoped he was keeping an eye on his HR as we started going distinctly faster than plan. By the end, I was wondering why I was worrying about him blowing up as we were both going all-out to the line. I ended up breaking my PB by 58.7 seconds (now 1:24:32.7) and Holm smashed his by 4 minutes, and nearly caught me at the line after closing a 10m gap with a great finishing burst!<br /><br />Rowing online really beats rowing solo, give it a try!<br /><br />Bill<br /><br /><br />

[old] hennmart

Training

Post by [old] hennmart » June 21st, 2005, 1:35 am

<!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Jun 21 2005, 12:22 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Jun 21 2005, 12:22 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Started for a 6k, and as I had to speed up, here my new PB:<br />22:16,6 (from 23:23,0) I passed the 5k more than 2 sec under my PB, so there will be more to come soon! <br />Hennie: there you have a new one to go for, I hope it will make you sweat a bit. <br />If you happen to be around Barcelona, let me know, pehaps we may have a glass of Rioja (or two, as Polaco has teached us about the benefits of it...) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-whp4+Jun 21 2005, 06:49 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(whp4 @ Jun 21 2005, 06:49 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Holm Miehlbradt and I just did a HM for the Summer Solstice (he's in Thailand) via the wonders of Rowpro online rowing.    I ended up breaking my PB by 58.7 seconds (now 1:24:32.7) and Holm smashed his by 4 minutes, and nearly caught me at the line after closing a 10m gap with a great finishing burst!<br /><br />Rowing online really beats rowing solo, give it a try!<br /><br />Bill <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Ancho,<br /><br />You rowed a good 6K.! I let you know when I'm near Barcalona (beautifull town, been there twice) to drink a glass or two The same applies to you!<br /><br />Bill and Holm,<br /><br />Good HM! Both a new PB and a good one. Bill this weekend you have to do the same on your 6K. <br /><br />Hennie

[old] holm188

Training

Post by [old] holm188 » June 21st, 2005, 3:12 am

<!--QuoteBegin-whp4+Jun 21 2005, 11:49 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(whp4 @ Jun 21 2005, 11:49 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Holm Miehlbradt and I just did a HM for the Summer Solstice (he's in Thailand) via the wonders of Rowpro online rowing.  He expressed a desire to try one around a 2:02 pace, and that being slightly slower than my recent PB, we agreed that I would pace him at that for 18k and then if I felt fresh enough, I would be free to accelerate to attempt to better my record a bit.  Things were pretty well-behaved for about the first half of the row, and then the pace gradually picked up a little bit.  I knew he was using a HRM belt and hoped he was keeping an eye on his HR as we started going distinctly faster than plan.  By the end, I was wondering why I was worrying about him blowing up as we were both going all-out to the line.  I ended up breaking my PB by 58.7 seconds (now 1:24:32.7) and Holm smashed his by 4 minutes, and nearly caught me at the line after closing a 10m gap with a great finishing burst!<br /><br />Rowing online really beats rowing solo, give it a try!<br /><br />Bill <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />My HR did not go up as far and as fast as I thought it would. So I finished the HM in 1:24:33.5 only .8 seconds behind Bill. I thought I would end a minute or 2 behind him, so seen from there I'm more than happy with my result. We passed halfway at the same time at about 2:01.8 split. Then Bill went away up to about 35m lead. My last 5 k felt "easy" I just could pull 1:56-1:57 counting the 500 strokes to go. I started getting closer and closer to Bill, at 1k to go he started sprinting so I was accepting to stay 15m behind, but then he did not get faster on the last 2-300m so I tried, but he stayed 1m ahead!!!<br /><br />The next HM will have to be sub-2:00 split.<br /><br />Happy solstice rowing everybody today!!

[old] ancho

Training

Post by [old] ancho » June 21st, 2005, 6:27 am

<!--QuoteBegin-whp4+Jun 21 2005, 02:40 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(whp4 @ Jun 21 2005, 02:40 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->My prediction: this weekend in the 6k heat of the Rowpro Summer Race Series, my teammate Hennie is going to be capsizing errant recreational boaters with his wake as he blazes to the finish in 21:45 (or less).  My further prediction is that any fluid losses due to sweating will be replaced by drinking a beverage made by fermenting grape juice in contact with the skins <br /><br />Bill <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Bill:<br />I share your predictions, but: who are you calling "errant recreational boaters"??? <br /><br />Congrats for Bill's and Holm's PBs, I'll see if I can follow your pace (no possibility to e-row ) <br />I have a rather complicated schedule today, but let's see what summer solstice depares us...<br /><br />Have a nice row?

[old] whp4

Training

Post by [old] whp4 » June 21st, 2005, 12:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Jun 21 2005, 10:27 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Jun 21 2005, 10:27 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Bill:<br />I share your predictions, but: who are you calling "errant recreational boaters"??? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Oh, the folks in motor boats, JetSkis, small car ferries, that sort of thing <br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Congrats for Bill's and Holm's PBs, I'll see if I can follow your pace (no possibility to e-row ) <br />I have a rather complicated schedule today, but let's see what summer solstice depares us...<br /><br />Have a nice row? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />It was great, and I get tired just thinking about it!<br /><br />Bill

[old] ancho

Training

Post by [old] ancho » June 21st, 2005, 9:39 pm

Finally, I found the gap to jump to the erg for quite a while:<br />June 21st, Summer solstice, 21,097 km, half marathon,<br />new PB: pulled 1:22:55,7 (down from 1:29:24) <br />DF 122, 20-23 spm, I'm quite exhausted and my b*** hurts!<br /><br />Have a nice rest!!

[old] slo_boat

Training

Post by [old] slo_boat » June 21st, 2005, 9:43 pm

I decided that since I was going to row the HM for the solstice, that I would see if my last month or so of long distance (for me) paid off. <br /><br />Did it ever! I rowed a PB by 2:29 for a 1:27:04.0 (2:03.8 pace) I started off at a way too fast pace (2:02) then settled down and just concentrated on keeping under 2:05 or so. I thought I would fall off the erg with about 3K to go. By then I was having a very hard time keeping up the pace. Somehow I managed to pick it up for the last 2K though.<br /><br />I'm not ready to battle Canoeist and Sir Pirate, but last year I thought I was really cruising when I could do a 10K in 45 or 46 minutes. I'm thrilled. <br /><br />If you are a little intimidated by the times of some people on this forum (like I was), I encourage you to keep plugging away. Those times will get faster. (Besides, most of the speedsters are very willing to share their secrets if you are willing to listen. ) <br /><br /> <br /><br />

[old] reynolds352

Training

Post by [old] reynolds352 » June 21st, 2005, 10:09 pm

I agree. Some advice I've heard is to do 10000 meters often. I did two 10Ks and interval work between Saturday and today (Tuesday) and dropped my half marathon time by ... 91:10.1 - 89:28.0 = 1:42.1<br /><br />And all I had to eat today were two junior cheeseburgers from Wendy's and a half gallon of water!

[old] whp4

Training

Post by [old] whp4 » June 21st, 2005, 10:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Jun 22 2005, 01:39 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Jun 22 2005, 01:39 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Finally, I found the gap to jump to the erg for quite a while:<br />June 21st, Summer solstice, 21,097 km, half marathon,<br />new PB: pulled 1:22:55,7 (down from 1:29:24)  <br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br />This is a good news, bad news situation.<br /><br />Good news: that's a great new PB!<br /><br />Bad news: your results for 5k, 6k, 30:00, 10k, 60:00, and FM now look to need some serious improvement! In fact, your HM is at a better pace than your 60 minute piece - so that should be an easy one to improve <br /><br />Bill<br />

[old] hennmart

Training

Post by [old] hennmart » June 22nd, 2005, 1:28 am

<!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Jun 22 2005, 03:39 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Jun 22 2005, 03:39 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Finally, I found the gap to jump to the erg for quite a while:<br />June 21st, Summer solstice, 21,097 km, half marathon,<br />new PB: pulled 1:22:55,7 (down from 1:29:24)  <br />DF 122, 20-23 spm, I'm quite exhausted and my b*** hurts!<br /><br />Have a nice rest!! <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Good HM <br /><br />I think when you follow Bill, that there will be a lot of Ancho pb's here <br /><br />Hennie

[old] Polaco

Training

Post by [old] Polaco » June 22nd, 2005, 2:35 am

<!--QuoteBegin-whp4+Jun 21 2005, 09:58 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(whp4 @ Jun 21 2005, 09:58 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Jun 22 2005, 01:39 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Jun 22 2005, 01:39 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Finally, I found the gap to jump to the erg for quite a while:<br />June 21st, Summer solstice, 21,097 km, half marathon,<br />new PB: pulled 1:22:55,7 (down from 1:29:24)  <br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br />This is a good news, bad news situation.<br /><br />Good news: that's a great new PB!<br /><br />Bad news: your results for 5k, 6k, 30:00, 10k, 60:00, and FM now look to need some serious improvement! In fact, your HM is at a better pace than your 60 minute piece - so that should be an easy one to improve <br /><br />Bill <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Uyuyuyuyyyyyyy, lo que te ha dicho.......!!!!<br /><br /><br />Congratulations for your new PB, but now as Bill says you have a lot of work ahead .<br /><br /><br />Let's see if I can post same new PB (5k and 6k) next Saturday as a result of my inet races with the 'aussie gang'<br /><br />Have a nice row<br />

[old] ancho

Training

Post by [old] ancho » June 22nd, 2005, 5:40 am

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'll give it a try with a hang-over as well, perhap's I'll be able to show around more often with my own PB's (watch out for them this summer!)<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Bad news: your results for 5k, 6k, 30:00, 10k, 60:00, and FM now look to need some serious improvement! In fact, your HM is at a better pace than your 60 minute piece - so that should be an easy one to improve <br /><br />Bill<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think when you follow Bill, that there will be a lot of Ancho pb's here  <br /><br />Hennie<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well, summer has just begun, and I've already posted 2 new PBs. I'm actually quite satisfied with te 6k one, you're right with the rest.<br />I still will have to try out the thing with the hang-over <br />Full marathon will have to wait until april...<br /><br />Yep, have fun!<br />