New 30-39 Mens Lwt Marathon Record

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Citroen

General

Post by [old] Citroen » February 20th, 2006, 7:11 pm

<!--quoteo(post=56499:date=Feb 20 2006, 08:44 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 20 2006, 08:44 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />What do you think?<br /><br />Regards -- Mark<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I think you should send an e-mail to billp @ concept2 . com to formally propose this amendment to the current ranking system. It looks like it will work and remove some of the doubt from the system.

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » February 20th, 2006, 7:18 pm

<!--quoteo(post=56544:date=Feb 20 2006, 06:11 PM:name=Citroen)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Feb 20 2006, 06:11 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=56499:date=Feb 20 2006, 08:44 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 20 2006, 08:44 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />What do you think?<br /><br />Regards -- Mark<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I think you should send an e-mail to billp @ concept2 . com to formally propose this amendment to the current ranking system. It looks like it will work and remove some of the doubt from the system.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Done.

[old] ancho

General

Post by [old] ancho » February 20th, 2006, 7:25 pm

grams:<br />just gotta love your point of view!<br />Keep it on!<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />nacho

[old] cbrock

General

Post by [old] cbrock » February 20th, 2006, 8:33 pm

<!--quoteo(post=56546:date=Feb 21 2006, 07:18 AM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 21 2006, 07:18 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=56544:date=Feb 20 2006, 06:11 PM:name=Citroen)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Feb 20 2006, 06:11 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=56499:date=Feb 20 2006, 08:44 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 20 2006, 08:44 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />What do you think?<br /><br />Regards -- Mark<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I think you should send an e-mail to billp @ concept2 . com to formally propose this amendment to the current ranking system. It looks like it will work and remove some of the doubt from the system.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Done.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark,<br />Can you also add a recommendation (assuming you agree) that Concept 2 provide an optional DISTANCE race other than 2k's with each major competition.<br /><br />They could rotate 5k and 10k for example.<br /><br />What we need to try and do is to have them apply current 2k standards to "world record" performances that are achieved in longer races.<br /><br />They could just run these distance events as an open event not limited by age, just gender.<br /><br />Obviously times achieved would be classified by age.<br /><br />Particularly those of us who are travelling several thousand kilometres to events it makes the trip that much more "value for money"<br /><br />I think the response would be very positive.<br /><br />My thoughts.<br /><br />Chris<br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » February 20th, 2006, 9:15 pm

<!--quoteo(post=56563:date=Feb 20 2006, 07:33 PM:name=cbrock)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(cbrock @ Feb 20 2006, 07:33 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=56546:date=Feb 21 2006, 07:18 AM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 21 2006, 07:18 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=56544:date=Feb 20 2006, 06:11 PM:name=Citroen)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Feb 20 2006, 06:11 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=56499:date=Feb 20 2006, 08:44 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 20 2006, 08:44 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />What do you think?<br /><br />Regards -- Mark<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I think you should send an e-mail to billp @ concept2 . com to formally propose this amendment to the current ranking system. It looks like it will work and remove some of the doubt from the system.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Done.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark,<br />Can you also add a recommendation (assuming you agree) that Concept 2 provide an optional DISTANCE race other than 2k's with each major competition.<br /><br />They could rotate 5k and 10k for example.<br /><br />What we need to try and do is to have them apply current 2k standards to "world record" performances that are achieved in longer races.<br /><br />They could just run these distance events as an open event not limited by age, just gender.<br /><br />Obviously times achieved would be classified by age.<br /><br />Particularly those of us who are travelling several thousand kilometres to events it makes the trip that much more "value for money"<br /><br />I think the response would be very positive.<br /><br />My thoughts.<br /><br />Chris<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Chris:<br /><br />Great idea ... I know some races do this.<br /><br />Why don't you send to the same address as Dougie provided ... the more different names the better.<br /><br />I like this idea ... it would let people see that they can participate even if they don't like the 2K distance, which is painful in another way from 5K, 6K, 10K, 30' or 60' rows.<br /><br />Regards ... Mark

[old] grams

General

Post by [old] grams » February 20th, 2006, 9:21 pm

Lordy, Lordy. I have a list of my marathons and times on my bragging shirt.<br /><br />The classification data on each line is going to get way more complicated. Due to short-term memory loss (it comes with age guys) when I wear the shirt I will have to wear a crib sheet legend on a card around my neck so that doubting Thomases can double-check the various ways in which I verified the times. <br /><br />I'm still hanging in there for some sort of public marathon event. That's my favorite(?) distance. After I have the surgery on my knee in September I'll go for a public one. Maybe a charity row at Ergmania in 2007 for my non-profit Orthopedic clinic. I can bring my own erg or is that cheating too? Crash-B in 07 would be even better. My grandson has just gotten his own college pad in Beantown and I could use his spare room.<br /><br />What we won't do for our 15 minutes of fame,<br />grams

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » February 20th, 2006, 9:52 pm

<!--quoteo(post=56569:date=Feb 20 2006, 08:21 PM:name=grams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(grams @ Feb 20 2006, 08:21 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>What we won't do for our 15 minutes of fame,<br />grams<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Grams:<br /><br />A marathon in 15 minutes? You will be famous!<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />-- Mark<br />

[old] gcanyon

General

Post by [old] gcanyon » February 21st, 2006, 9:31 pm

<!--quoteo(post=56323:date=Feb 18 2006, 08:29 PM:name=John Rupp)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Feb 18 2006, 08:29 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Interesting style.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />What about his style is interesting? I didn't read the article, since I don't speak the language. From the picture, it looks like he's leaning back a bit more than I would expect, but I'm no expert. Was there a video on the site that I missed, are you going just from the picture, or was there something in the article?

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » February 22nd, 2006, 12:55 am

How about<br /><br />IND_V ...... verification by pm3<br /><br />IND_W ...... verification by witnesses<br /><br />IND_VW ..... verification by both pm3 and by witnesses<br />

[old] george nz

General

Post by [old] george nz » February 22nd, 2006, 1:05 am

<!--quoteo(post=56714:date=Feb 22 2006, 05:55 PM:name=John Rupp)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Feb 22 2006, 05:55 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>How about<br /><br />IND_V ...... verification by pm3<br /><br />IND_W ...... verification by witnesses<br /><br />IND_VW ..... verification by both pm3 and by witnesses<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Good thinking John, nice and simple.<br /><br />I am still in favour of WR being set in competition only but realise that can only happen for some distances.<br /><br />Hey John you would know the answer to this, is the Marathon (running) not called a 'World Best' as it is run on many and varied courses. Maybe in Indoor rowing we could have one WR and the rest would be WB by age and weight ??<br /><br />George

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » February 22nd, 2006, 2:21 am

Thanks, George.<br /><br />The marathon used to be a World Best, but now they call it the World Record, Paul Tergat's 2:04:55 at Berlin 2003.<br /><br /><!--quoteo--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->Maybe in Indoor rowing we could have one WR and the rest would be WB by age and weight ??<br /><br />George </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes that's a good idea. <br /><br />Hopefully some method will be developed so weight is not factored out from the times.<br />