Fall Series Sandbaggers Heats

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 16th, 2005, 11:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 16 2005, 10:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 16 2005, 10:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 16 2005, 10:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 16 2005, 10:07 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 16 2005, 05:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 16 2005, 05:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I need someone to take over Saturday's race.  We shipped our 3 kids off to New York when we had to go to the hospital for the new baby, and we want to get down there as soon as possible, so we're going Friday night instead of Saturday after the race.  (It's better to have them wake up with us there instead of getting there after lunch.  Also, the traffic should be better).<br /><br />I'll be back Sunday afternoon.  I just put up a race for 8PM EST.  (It's 0100GMT on Monday on the DR site). <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Bill:<br /><br />I can run the race, but how do we "swap" race masters? Do I have to put up a new race, or is there a way to "swap" without doing so?<br /><br />Thanks -- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I have no idea on this. I pulled out of the race, so perhaps the first person to sign in will be the race master. Maybe Frank will have experience with this.<br /><br />Or you create a QR that morning. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Bill:<br /><br />I think I'm now the race master since I was the next person in line. I inadvertently deleted Krysta ... sorry Krysta! You'll need to add yourself back.<br /><br />If we get in a jam, we can do a Quick Race.<br /><br />-- Mark

[old] Krysta Coleman

e-row

Post by [old] Krysta Coleman » November 16th, 2005, 11:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 15 2005, 12:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 15 2005, 12:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think I'm going to target the 10K on Saturday at a 2:04 pace, broken down in 2Ks by:<br /><br />2:06<br />2:05<br />2:04<br />2:03<br />2:02<br /><br />AVG: 2:04 / TIME: 41:20 / IMPROVE: 1:15.7 <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well, in spite of my previous conservative plan, I think I might join you in this. I have a 4 sec head start - once you catch up, I will try and just stick with you. I will probably crash and burn around 7 or 8k, but it'll be fun! I can always do it properly the next week, when the time actually counts. There's a chance, in such a long race, that my baby girl will wake up and not let me finish anyway.. <br /><br />- Krysta<br /><br />BTW - "Inadvertently deleted" me?? If you really want to be the turtle <i>that</i> badly..

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 17th, 2005, 8:34 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Krysta Coleman+Nov 16 2005, 11:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Krysta Coleman @ Nov 16 2005, 11:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 15 2005, 12:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 15 2005, 12:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think I'm going to target the 10K on Saturday at a 2:04 pace, broken down in 2Ks by:<br /><br />2:06<br />2:05<br />2:04<br />2:03<br />2:02<br /><br />AVG: 2:04 / TIME: 41:20 / IMPROVE: 1:15.7 <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well, in spite of my previous conservative plan, I think I might join you in this. I have a 4 sec head start - once you catch up, I will try and just stick with you. I will probably crash and burn around 7 or 8k, but it'll be fun! I can always do it properly the next week, when the time actually counts. There's a chance, in such a long race, that my baby girl will wake up and not let me finish anyway.. <br /><br />- Krysta<br /><br />BTW - "Inadvertently deleted" me?? If you really want to be the turtle <i>that</i> badly.. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Krysta:<br /><br />It was funny. It was the first time I've ever seen a participant screen where all the participants are "checked" (as well as me). I thought, "Hmm, wonder what happens when I select someone else, not me?" Well, now I know. They go away, but THERE'S NO WAY FOR ME TO ADD THEM BACK!<br /><br />I got that silly feeling you get when you drop a glass (best over a hard tile floor) and as it's falling toward the floor and you're trying your futile best to catch it, everything seems to go into slow motion ... and you feel like you should be able to rewind the film and have the glass back in hand.<br /><br />It was the same when I realized what unchecking the box would do.<br /><br />It's the "Ready ... Fire ... Aim ... " syndrome that many of us have. Doing is a strong suit ... thinking? Not so much.<br /><br /> <br /><br />-- Mark

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » November 18th, 2005, 3:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 16 2005, 10:01 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 16 2005, 10:01 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think I'm now the race master since I was the next person in line<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Mark,<br />I registered for your race at 13:00 GMT tomorrow. Sorry for doing it this late, but I just found out that I cannot race tomorrow morning because I have to go to see the arrival of Santa Claus into our town. It's a tradition which you can't miss here in The Netherlands when having young children.<br /><br />My SB is 35:05.9, please let me know the start delay. <br /><br />Also noticed the name of old Mr. Flack on the list. How are you doing Paul? It has been months ago since we last rowed in the same race. Looking forward to it.<br /><br />Jaap<br />

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 18th, 2005, 3:42 pm

IMPORTANT ---><br /><br />If everyone in Saturday's 1300 GMT 10K "Sandbagger's 10K" heat can get me their SB/PB for handicap purposes ASAP, I'll publish the start delays this evening.<br /><br />THANKS!

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 18th, 2005, 3:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Nov 18 2005, 03:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Nov 18 2005, 03:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 16 2005, 10:01 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 16 2005, 10:01 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think I'm now the race master since I was the next person in line<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Mark,<br />I registered for your race at 13:00 GMT tomorrow. Sorry for doing it this late, but I just found out that I cannot race tomorrow morning because I have to go to see the arrival of Santa Claus into our town. It's a tradition which you can't miss here in The Netherlands when having young children.<br /><br />My SB is 35:05.9, please let me know the start delay. <br /><br />Also noticed the name of old Mr. Flack on the list. How are you doing Paul? It has been months ago since we last rowed in the same race. Looking forward to it.<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Jaap:<br /><br />No problem my friend ... the more racers the better. Have some coffee in the morning ... we don't want you falling asleep as us slow pokes get a head start on you, Stuart, and Paul!<br /><br />Regards -- Mark<br />

[old] Godfried

e-row

Post by [old] Godfried » November 18th, 2005, 4:53 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 18 2005, 09:42 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 18 2005, 09:42 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If everyone in Saturday's 1300 GMT 10K "Sandbagger's 10K" heat can get me their SB/PB for handicap purposes ASAP, I'll publish the start delays this evening.[right] </td></tr></table>I have no SB , and don't want to be alone to start first , so I'll try 42:40.0 (2:08/500) too.<br /><br />I did 30 mins at 2:08.5 Oct 29 , after two week Pete Plan I should survive this. <br /><br />Then again, I might be (b)eaten by one of the two sharks.

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 18th, 2005, 7:09 pm

<!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />    SB     Start delay <br />Krysta          42 40.0    0 0<br />Godfried       42 40.0    0 0<br />Mark    42 35.7    0 4<br />Stuart    39 16.7    3 23<br />Paul    35 23.4    7 17<br />Jaap    35 5.9    7 34<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />Handicap delays for tomorrow. Let me know if you have questions, or if these are not correct

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 18th, 2005, 7:10 pm

Sorry, have no idea why I can't get columns to line up ...

[old] holm188

e-row

Post by [old] holm188 » November 18th, 2005, 7:35 pm

Mark,<br />You need to insert or remove spaces to line everything up in your table.<br />Holm

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 18th, 2005, 7:38 pm

I thought I had done that ... it looked right in Word Pad ...<br /><br />

[old] FrankJ

e-row

Post by [old] FrankJ » November 18th, 2005, 8:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 18 2005, 11:09 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 18 2005, 11:09 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />            SB        Start delay <br />Krysta    42:40.0    No delay<br />Godfried  42:40.0    No delay<br />Mark      42:35.7    0:04<br />Stuart    39:16.7    3:23<br />Paul      35:23.4    7:17<br />Jaap      35:05.9    7:34<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />Handicap delays for tomorrow.  Let me know if you have questions, or if these are not correct <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark,<br /><br />The way the forum software handles tabs will mess it up even if it looks good in Word Pad. You have to fiddle with the spacing a bit and use preview post to review it. I can almost do the editing with my eyes closed after doing all of these races.<br /><br />Frank

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 18th, 2005, 8:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-FrankJ+Nov 18 2005, 08:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FrankJ @ Nov 18 2005, 08:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 18 2005, 11:09 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 18 2005, 11:09 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />            SB        Start delay <br />Krysta    42:40.0    No delay<br />Godfried  42:40.0    No delay<br />Mark      42:35.7    0:04<br />Stuart    39:16.7    3:23<br />Paul      35:23.4    7:17<br />Jaap      35:05.9    7:34<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />Handicap delays for tomorrow.  Let me know if you have questions, or if these are not correct <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark,<br /><br />The way the forum software handles tabs will mess it up even if it looks good in Word Pad. You have to fiddle with the spacing a bit and use preview post to review it. I can almost do the editing with my eyes closed after doing all of these races.<br /><br />Frank <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks Frank. That's all I could figure to do ... fiddle with it and keep previewing ... but then I thought there must be a better way ...<br /><br />... guess not!<br /><br /> <br />

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » November 19th, 2005, 12:21 am

Old Mr. Flack is getting older very quickly. Haven't had time to row for a week now. Starting a toy company is taking all my time. The good news is that we were featured in another paper. See <a href='http://www2.townonline.com/parentsandki ... eid=371484' target='_blank'>http://www2.townonline.com/parentsandki ... =371484</a>. Hopefully an article in the Boston Globe near Thanksgiving will jump start sales. I am working in the garage day and night trying to build a bit of inventory for the anticipated boom in sales volume. That doesn't give much time for rowing. But, I hope to be at the handicap race on Saturday. I need to row at least once a week or I will go crazy!<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] FrankJ

e-row

Post by [old] FrankJ » November 19th, 2005, 7:24 am

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 19 2005, 12:18 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 19 2005, 12:18 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanks Frank.  That's all I could figure to do ... fiddle with it and keep previewing ... but then I thought there must be a better way ...<br /><br />... guess not!<br /><br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark,<br /><br />Actually there is a better way. You just gave me the impetus to search for a program to remove the tabs and replace them with spaces. I found this slick little freeware program that does the job right in the clipboard. The program is called TABS2spaces and you can find it here:<br /><a href='http://bluefive.pair.com/tabs2spaces.htm' target='_blank'>TABS2spaces</a><br /><br />One way that works well is to copy the data from the spreadsheet to your text editor. Put in a couple of ':' characters into the times. Then copy again but before pasting it into the forum between the CODE tags start TABS2spaces and have it convert to spaces in the clipboard.. You then can paste where what you see in the text editor is what you get on the web page. <br /><br />Frank