LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

just27
10k Poster

Re: Million Meter Watch: Lifetime Meters

Post by just27 » May 4th, 2008, 2:38 pm

Kona2 wrote:The First Million: AJ with (9,776 m) to go!

...Dan with (122,618 m) to go!
I added a new workout of "9,776" to the log card this morning. Then, full of my incredible supportiveness, mentioned to AJ that I'd added this option. Mr. Early Riser had already rowed his magic 6-zero's, without saying a word. (Morning people are so hard to understand!)

Dan will probably row his 122,618 today ... sounds about par!

Pressured unmercifully by our statistician :wink: , I thought I'd see what 2:06 splits felt like in a 2K ... after 1K my head was about to explode, and the HRM appeared to be showing my weight, not my heart rate ... how disconcerting is that! Sprints are, indeed, a whole new game.

Gina - kilometers!? I'm still coming to terms with meters!

Chris

Calamity
1k Poster

Post by Calamity » May 4th, 2008, 2:41 pm

just27 wrote:
Jane, I love the pictures of y'all ... where is that wall?!

Chris
:D Oh ... look at the cute ticker I found at:
Thanks Chris. the wall is on the side of a used bookstore in Yakima. I had wanted to position an erg in the foreground but could not fit it and the kids in the car. I may try that another day.

Does anyone one the team have the capacity to change a jpeg file to jpg? My mac does not want to do it and Orion wants a picture next to his name on his profile.

Jane

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » May 4th, 2008, 3:38 pm

Calamity wrote:
just27 wrote:
Jane, I love the pictures of y'all ... where is that wall?!

Chris
:D Oh ... look at the cute ticker I found at:
Thanks Chris. the wall is on the side of a used bookstore in Yakima. I had wanted to position an erg in the foreground but could not fit it and the kids in the car. I may try that another day.

Does anyone one the team have the capacity to change a jpeg file to jpg? My mac does not want to do it and Orion wants a picture next to his name on his profile.

Jane,

I also use a Mac and I got the jpeg work. But I don't remember how. I'll go back thru the process and see what happens and let you know.

Dan

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » May 4th, 2008, 3:55 pm

[quote="Calamity"][quote="just27"]

J

Jane,

Try this. Put the picture in iPhoto. Crop the picture to smallest you can. Then click the Share menu and choose email. Select the smallest size and send it to yourself. Save picture to desktop. See if it will let you use it.

Good luck.
Dan

DuluthMoose
5k Poster

Post by DuluthMoose » May 4th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Gina - Great choice on the fish indicator. Looks just like the goldfish in my crunchy / salty style trail mix. ...from a retired fisheries resource manager

Chris - jpeg files end in .jpg. Are you sure you aren't dealing with the same flavor graphic files? Keep in mind your trouble in uploading may not be the file. Uploading a file to the folks at Concept only works in Windows Exporer. If there isn't a Windows Explorer for a Mac, then you will have to upload it at the neighbors or at a public library.

Dan - I'm not rowing as much as you are - so there! And I'm going to be rowing even less from now till next winter. The lake are finally ICE FREE in my area! Yippee! Was out this afternoon for a short cruise (4 miles) to try out a new paddle I built. It performed as I had hoped it would. Picture of my solo canoe and the new paddle:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2984 ... 8560lxERYV

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » May 4th, 2008, 4:13 pm

DuluthMoose wrote:Gina - Great choice on the fish indicator. Looks just like the goldfish in my crunchy / salty style trail mix. ...from a retired fisheries resource manager

Chris - jpeg files end in .jpg. Are you sure you aren't dealing with the same flavor graphic files? Keep in mind your trouble in uploading may not be the file. Uploading a file to the folks at Concept only works in Windows Exporer. If there isn't a Windows Explorer for a Mac, then you will have to upload it at the neighbors or at a public library.

Dan - I'm not rowing as much as you are - so there! And I'm going to be rowing even less from now till next winter. The lake are finally ICE FREE in my area! Yippee! Was out this afternoon for a short cruise (4 miles) to try out a new paddle I built. It performed as I had hoped it would. Picture of my solo canoe and the new paddle:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2984 ... 8560lxERYV
Darryl,

Nice looking paddle and canoe. I'm sure you will enjoy both. Aren't you allowed to log "on the water" meters? I'll be slowing down a little myself pretty soon.

Jane,

Darryl prompted my memory. I finally got my picture up using a PC with Windows XP. Do you know about Parallel Desk? If you have an Intel based Mac it lets you run Windows on your Mac and is relatively inexpensive.

Dan

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Another Meter Millionaire!

Post by Kona2 » May 4th, 2008, 4:42 pm

:D

Woohoo! AJ has completed his first 1,000,000 meters! Way to go! And, he did a victory lap or two !

1,000,000 meters!

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Re: Another Meter Millionaire!

Post by Toothdoc » May 4th, 2008, 5:51 pm

Kona2 wrote:Image

Woohoo! AJ has completed his first 1,000,000 meters! Way to go! And, he did a victory lap or two !

1,000,000 meters!
AJ,

Congrats on the first Million.

Dan

DuluthMoose
5k Poster

Post by DuluthMoose » May 4th, 2008, 7:17 pm

DuluthMoose wrote: Chris - jpeg files end in .jpg. Are you sure you aren't dealing with the same flavor graphic files? Keep in mind your trouble in uploading may not be the file. Uploading a file to the folks at Concept only works in Windows Exporer. If there isn't a Windows Explorer for a Mac, then you will have to upload it at the neighbors or at a public library.

Guess I have to fess up to having a senior moment. This should have been directed to Jane. Sorry Chris.

Congratulation on a million meters AJ!
Darryl

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » May 4th, 2008, 11:19 pm

Great job, AJ.

For on the water meters, how do you calculate how far you have gone? You might want to email C2 and ask them if your type of rowing counts, or if the only kind of on-water meters they count have to be done in some other kind of craft. I don't know a thing about the on-water stuff.
☆~Kristine~☆

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » May 5th, 2008, 12:00 am

Rowing, rowing, rowing.
Keep those Concepts going.
Luna-Tics are rowing.
Raw hands!
Darryl comes up with the team song!

I don't know too much about the on the water meters - I think they only count during certain challenges. Let us know what you find out Darryl!

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » May 5th, 2008, 12:16 am

Kona2 wrote:Image

1,000,000 meters!

congrats aj....barbara

DUCKMARX
1k Poster

Post by DUCKMARX » May 5th, 2008, 12:29 am

Jan, thanks for the acknowledgement and thanks to everyone for the attaboys. :D

AJ

andreacs
2k Poster

Post by andreacs » May 5th, 2008, 2:31 am

DUCKMARX wrote:Woohoo! AJ has completed his first 1,000,000 meters! Way to go! And, he did a victory lap or two !

Jan, thanks for the acknowledgement and thanks to everyone for the attaboys. :D

AJ
Congratulations AJ for the first 1M, and many more to come!

Happy rowing!

Andrea

acrewer
2k Poster

Post by acrewer » May 5th, 2008, 2:32 am

Darryl - I'm pretty sure on-the-water meters have to be done facing the stern of the boat. :P

AJ - WTG - I'm right behind you (60K is the new magic #)

Gina