Interactive weight loss program on the UK site

Rowing for weight loss or weight control? Start here.
Cazneau
500m Poster

Interactive weight loss program on the UK site

Post by Cazneau » March 5th, 2008, 10:57 pm

Has anyone used the interactive weight loss program on the UK site? I'm not great at following pre-designed programs, but am considering giving it a try. Is there much "science" to it? Obviously, no exercise program is going to work without diet discipline, but I'm wondering if such a program is any more effective than, say, setting a weekly meters-rowed goal?

yksin
Paddler

Post by yksin » March 12th, 2008, 9:01 pm

Thank you for mentioning this! I knew I'd seen that interactive weight loss program somewhere, but I looked & looked on the (U.S.) Concept 2 website & couldn't find it anywhere. Now that you've reminded me it was on the UK site, I found it in no time flat.

For other people who are looking for it, here it is:

http://www.concept2.co.uk/weightloss/interactive.php

Worth a look at the very least. I'm going to go look at it some more right now.
— Mel :mrgreen:

Bruce-YVR
Paddler

Re: Interactive weight loss program on the UK site

Post by Bruce-YVR » March 12th, 2008, 10:29 pm

Cazneau wrote:Has anyone used the interactive weight loss program on the UK site? I'm not great at following pre-designed programs, but am considering giving it a try. Is there much "science" to it? Obviously, no exercise program is going to work without diet discipline, but I'm wondering if such a program is any more effective than, say, setting a weekly meters-rowed goal?
Hi... I am on the 3rd week of the 7 weeks program. It is working very well for me for the first 3 weeks... losing 6 lbs in 3 weeks. However, I want to try something different to see how effective the UK program is , so for this week I am just doing 30 mins to 40 mins steady row at 22-24/spm for 5 days.... will find out by end of the week... maybe I will continue for another week to see some real difference!?

Bruce
M41/ 5'11" / 196lbs as of Feb 10, 2008 / 3kids
186lbs as of May10, 2008
186.8 lbs as of March 9, 2009
( C2 corsstrain with P90X )

[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1202677900.png[/img]

randyharris
Paddler

Post by randyharris » April 17th, 2008, 12:41 pm

Bruce-YVR wrote:Hi... I am on the 3rd week of the 7 weeks program. It is working very well for me for the first 3 weeks... losing 6 lbs in 3 weeks. However, I want to try something different to see how effective the UK program is , so for this week I am just doing 30 mins to 40 mins steady row at 22-24/spm for 5 days.... will find out by end of the week... maybe I will continue for another week to see some real difference!?

Bruce
Bruce, I'd love to hear an update from you on your steady state rowing compared to the UK Interactive training programme.

Thanks

Bruce-YVR
Paddler

Post by Bruce-YVR » April 17th, 2008, 5:07 pm

randyharris wrote:
Bruce-YVR wrote:Hi... I am on the 3rd week of the 7 weeks program. It is working very well for me for the first 3 weeks... losing 6 lbs in 3 weeks. However, I want to try something different to see how effective the UK program is , so for this week I am just doing 30 mins to 40 mins steady row at 22-24/spm for 5 days.... will find out by end of the week... maybe I will continue for another week to see some real difference!?

Bruce
Bruce, I'd love to hear an update from you on your steady state rowing compared to the UK Interactive training programme.

Thanks
Randy... I am doing great! I am down to 186.5 lbs and almost to my "realsitic" goal of 185lbs. 182ilbs was my original goal and I dont think I should do it :-) and I dont want to do get down to 182lbs. Why??? ha ha ha... I need to buy a lot of new shirts and pants :-)

The program works and I think all beginners should take a serious look at the program.

I am very happy that I got my C2 and tried the program.

Good luck!

Bruce
M41/ 5'11" / 196lbs as of Feb 10, 2008 / 3kids
186lbs as of May10, 2008
186.8 lbs as of March 9, 2009
( C2 corsstrain with P90X )

[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1202677900.png[/img]

enki42ea
Paddler

Post by enki42ea » April 20th, 2008, 3:15 pm

Anyone know how it compares to the rowpro weight loss plan?

Andy Nield
500m Poster

Post by Andy Nield » April 20th, 2008, 3:54 pm

Obviously, no exercise program is going to work without diet discipline
You can pretty much eat what you want if you row 50km a day... B)
[img]http://www.nielda.co.uk/pics/c2sig.gif[/img]
[color=orange][i]It never gets any easier... you just get faster...[/i][/color]