Not Dazzled by Zazzle

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
nkoffler
Paddler

Not Dazzled by Zazzle

Post by nkoffler » January 5th, 2007, 10:56 am

I have received my t-shirt from Zazzle and am extremely disappointed by the quality. It is thin and the transfer is low quality. I don't expect it to survive many washings.

I enjoy the HC t-shirt each year and am happy to pay for the shirt. I only ask that I pay for something of good quality.

In previous years, the shirts sold by C2 were far superior.

Neil
Neil K.
Forest Hills, NY
Men's LW, 42 years old

becz
1k Poster

Re: Not Dazzled by Zazzle

Post by becz » January 5th, 2007, 12:15 pm

nkoffler wrote:I have received my t-shirt from Zazzle and am extremely disappointed by the quality. It is thin and the transfer is low quality. I don't expect it to survive many washings.

I enjoy the HC t-shirt each year and am happy to pay for the shirt. I only ask that I pay for something of good quality.

In previous years, the shirts sold by C2 were far superior.

Neil
I haven't ordered mine yet, so I'm curious if you ordered the default one (~$10 or so) or did you opt for any of the other choices. They range all the way up to ~$35 for a performance microfiber shirt.
[url=http://www.homestarrunner.com/fhqwhgads.html]fhqwghads[/url]

nkoffler
Paddler

Post by nkoffler » January 5th, 2007, 6:34 pm

I ordered the default one but changed the color to white. While a better quality shirt as a base would help a lot, my comments on the transfer would stand.

Oh, the site was awful in my opinion. It kept crashing and I couldn't do what realy wanted to do. That would be putting the logo on the back and having a smaller logo and text on the left chest.

Neil
Neil K.
Forest Hills, NY
Men's LW, 42 years old

TabbRows
2k Poster

Post by TabbRows » January 8th, 2007, 11:12 am

My shirt came in over the weekend. Haven't worn it yet but it looks okay. Ordered the silver and enlarged the challenge logo.

My Halloween shirt has held up just fine so far but the printing has jsut started to fade a bit.

No problem with the site. In fact I ran it through a number of choices, color, text, text color, logo size, etc.. Biggest disappointment was lack of T Shirt color selection especially in the higher end designs. It's Christmas, where's the red, or the green T? I like something that kinda stands out from the rest of the pack of greys and whites in the gym. But I don't want to look like a Las Vegas neon sign, either.

nkoffler
Paddler

Post by nkoffler » January 8th, 2007, 5:26 pm

I'm glad it's working out for you but I would point out that you printing should not already be fading on a well made Halloween shirt.

Neil
Neil K.
Forest Hills, NY
Men's LW, 42 years old

Carleneruns
Paddler

Post by Carleneruns » January 8th, 2007, 10:10 pm

I ordered my shirt from Zazzle and was pleased with the fast service. My shirt was shipped within 1 day of my order. WOW! I was also pleased with how quickly it arrived.

To contrast this, I made an order with Cafepress in late November, expecting to have my shirts for Christmas. They weren't shipped till Dec 9th and didn't arrive till first week of January. In addition, I had to pay duty on my shipment, while my Zazzle order went straight through with no problems.

So far, Zazzle rates higher than Cafepress for me.

Carlene

ancho
6k Poster

Post by ancho » January 16th, 2007, 10:14 am

I just got my HC Houdie (grey).
Looks OK to me, both cloth and print.

The zazzle site isn't very intuitive, but once you have managed to place the order, service is good, and the parcel arrived in the time promised.
yr 1966, 1,87 m, 8? kg
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1201739576.png[/img]
Be Water, My Friend!

stuBriggs
Paddler

Post by stuBriggs » January 16th, 2007, 8:51 pm

I ordered a HC custom pocket shirt with my rowing club logo on the pocket and the HC logo on the back. They were extremely fast, but they were sloppy
in placing the logos, they were off centered and crooked. I emailed and told them of my dissatisfaction and they promptly sent another shirt at no charge.
Problem is it the logo's were poorly set again, I finally just gave up. They don't take the time to do things right the first time or the second for that matter. They get the .jpg file and just slap it on any old way, if it's crooked, heck just send it out. Long story short, I'm happy with their service, but not Zazzle's workmanship.