Finish Position

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] swavo1

General

Post by [old] swavo1 » August 19th, 2005, 6:01 pm

I was wondering if people bend their wrists when erging. I know that it seems to make my erg times slightly faster and I've seen it on videos, however this is a very weak position on the water and I don't know if this will become a habit..

[old] PaulS

General

Post by [old] PaulS » August 20th, 2005, 8:22 am

<!--QuoteBegin-swavo1+Aug 19 2005, 03:01 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(swavo1 @ Aug 19 2005, 03:01 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I was wondering if people bend their wrists when erging.  I know that it seems to make my erg times slightly faster and I've seen it on videos, however this is a very weak position on the water and I don't know if this will become a habit.. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes it will become a habit. Do whatever you like when going for that Erg Test, but train the stroke that you want in a boat. Those that say things like "I only do that on the Erg, but not in the boat." are only kidding themselves.<br /><br />Nice 2k @ 17yrs!

[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » August 20th, 2005, 9:38 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Aug 20 2005, 07:22 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Aug 20 2005, 07:22 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-swavo1+Aug 19 2005, 03:01 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(swavo1 @ Aug 19 2005, 03:01 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I was wondering if people bend their wrists when erging.  I know that it seems to make my erg times slightly faster and I've seen it on videos, however this is a very weak position on the water and I don't know if this will become a habit.. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes it will become a habit. Do whatever you like when going for that Erg Test, but train the stroke that you want in a boat. Those that say things like "I only do that on the Erg, but not in the boat." are only kidding themselves.<br /><br />Nice 2k @ 17yrs! <br /> </td></tr></table><br />I second this Paul.<br />People who break the arms at the wrist at the finish position limit the movement of the elbows, thus not using the lat muscle to move the handle to the sternum. Most likely those people don't sit up from the small of their back either.<br />All the best,<br />XENO

[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » August 20th, 2005, 9:41 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Xeno+Aug 20 2005, 08:38 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Xeno @ Aug 20 2005, 08:38 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Aug 20 2005, 07:22 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Aug 20 2005, 07:22 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-swavo1+Aug 19 2005, 03:01 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(swavo1 @ Aug 19 2005, 03:01 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I was wondering if people bend their wrists when erging.  I know that it seems to make my erg times slightly faster and I've seen it on videos, however this is a very weak position on the water and I don't know if this will become a habit.. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes it will become a habit. Do whatever you like when going for that Erg Test, but train the stroke that you want in a boat. Those that say things like "I only do that on the Erg, but not in the boat." are only kidding themselves.<br /><br />Nice 2k @ 17yrs! <br /> </td></tr></table><br />I second this Paul.<br />People who break the arms at the wrist at the finish position limit the movement of the elbows, thus not using the lat muscle to move the handle to the sternum. Most likely those people don't sit up from the small of their back either.<br />All the best,<br />XENO <br /> </td></tr></table><br />The efficient use of the larger muscle groups is necessary for an individuals top performance on and off the water. Break the wrists is using a very small muscle group.<br />XENO