Ergdata and apple watch

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
okpc99
Paddler

Ergdata and apple watch

Post by okpc99 » August 24th, 2022, 12:57 pm

The latest ergdata now is supporting HRT from apple watch, I tried workout today but still no hrt shows on app. My watch is series 2, is it why no hrt shows?

quickmick
Paddler

Re: Ergdata and apple watch

Post by quickmick » August 25th, 2022, 5:56 am

Same issue here (Apple watch series 6)

okpc99
Paddler

Post by okpc99 » August 26th, 2022, 5:03 am

quickmick wrote:
August 25th, 2022, 5:56 am
I checked ErgData in the store, it says need watchOS 8.0 and above version, my watch only support to 6.3.

RobL1986
Paddler

Post by RobL1986 » September 16th, 2022, 11:07 am

I have been using the new ErgData app and Apple Watch - Getting great results.

Is it possible to use my ipad with ErgData and the Apple Watch or do i need to use the iPhone?

rainlake
Paddler

Post by rainlake » September 19th, 2022, 2:20 pm

quickmick wrote:
August 25th, 2022, 5:56 am
Have you install the ergData app to your watch?
you can open your watch app and find the app to install

Zuman
500m Poster

Post by Zuman » November 9th, 2022, 1:07 pm

I've used Ergdata for years with my iPhone, but I just got an Apple Watch (Series 8).
This may sound dense, but I'm not exactly sure what I should use Ergdata on my Apple Watch for. I currently use a chest strap HR monitor, and there's an indoor rowing option on the exercise menu on the Apple Watch. I assume that Ergdata on the Watch provides more accurate exercise data to Apple Health than the generic rowing option does? Or not???
Also, when Ergdata updated to the new version of the app, it didn't automatically install on my Watch. I installed it via the App Store on the Watch, but when I tap it the only thing that comes up is "Ready to workout? Create and start a workout on your phone."
Am I doing something wrong or missing something?
Thanks!

JimAustin
Paddler

Post by JimAustin » March 12th, 2023, 12:37 pm

Zuman wrote:
November 9th, 2022, 1:07 pm
I've used Ergdata for years with my iPhone, but I just got an Apple Watch (Series 8).
This may sound dense, but I'm not exactly sure what I should use Ergdata on my Apple Watch for. I currently use a chest strap HR monitor, and there's an indoor rowing option on the exercise menu on the Apple Watch. I assume that Ergdata on the Watch provides more accurate exercise data to Apple Health than the generic rowing option does? Or not???
Also, when Ergdata updated to the new version of the app, it didn't automatically install on my Watch. I installed it via the App Store on the Watch, but when I tap it the only thing that comes up is "Ready to workout? Create and start a workout on your phone."
Am I doing something wrong or missing something?
Thanks!
I tried posting this yesterday, but checking back I ee it's not here. Hopefully just a technical glitch and not something I wrote.

I've got experience with the Peloton, and the Apple Watch now, after a recent update, works well there. I checked around a bit, and it seems to work the same way with Ergdata. What that means is, first, it handles the heart rate automatically--no need connect with Bluetooth or ANT+ or whatever. If you "Join the Workout," your heart rate should appear on the PM5. (Not sure, but I think it's PM5 only.) The other thing it does is make its data available automatically to the whole Apple Fitness/Health system on the watch--so if you're working toward those daily fitness rings, your Ergdata workouts will count toward that. (I'm fairly new to the Apple Watch myself, and I'm still figuring out how all that works.)

Jim