New to Rowing, Looking for a Team!

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.
TristanWilley
Paddler

New to Rowing, Looking for a Team!

Post by TristanWilley » February 25th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Hey All,

Following the suggested steps towards joining a team on the forums, I am throwing up this post! I'm a post collegiate runner who is looking to switch into rowing now that I've graduated and no longer feel like suffering through shins splints haunting my lanky legs! So far it has been a great workout, although I've only been at it a week. Still working on nailing down any semblance of technique.

I'd love to put up some meters towards some team goals, so if anyone has some suggestions on how to/who to do that with please let me know.

Hope all is well,
Tristan

Brooklyn, NY
Tristan Willey
New Mexico/New York

Drivetofast
6k Poster

Re: New to Rowing, Looking for a Team!

Post by Drivetofast » February 25th, 2014, 4:28 pm

TristanWilley wrote:Hey All,

Following the suggested steps towards joining a team on the forums, I am throwing up this post! I'm a post collegiate runner who is looking to switch into rowing now that I've graduated and no longer feel like suffering through shins splints haunting my lanky legs! So far it has been a great workout, although I've only been at it a week. Still working on nailing down any semblance of technique.

I'd love to put up some meters towards some team goals, so if anyone has some suggestions on how to/who to do that with please let me know.

Hope all is well,
Tristan

Brooklyn, NY
Contact Kona2 Team Luna-tics K2 has all the answers

johnb
2k Poster

Re: New to Rowing, Looking for a Team!

Post by johnb » March 3rd, 2014, 12:04 pm

Hi Tristan, I was in the same position in August 2013. I joined Timbuktoo and have been very happy with the support, camaraderie, guidance, and team leadership. You won't regret the choice if you join team Timbuktoo. There is also an affiliation Timbuktwo. I might have them backwards. But the team leads, Izzy and Lisa are very helpful and supportive and humorous to boot! Feel welcome to join them both! Happy Rowing!

JB