Not a newbie but here we go again to lose the weight

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
nickb4782a
Paddler

Not a newbie but here we go again to lose the weight

Post by nickb4782a » January 9th, 2016, 3:43 pm

I would like to introduce myself as I may need a prod from time to time to get me back on track if I lose focus of my next goal whether it is just rowing a faster 2k or training for another half marathon which I must admit can happen a bit too often in the longer term as something always seems to get in the way whether it is work, life or the wrong gym.

I am 55 years old, 5`10", over 19st or 121kg for the younger vewers which is not a good place to be according to my gp but I seem to be getting back in that zone where you cannot wait to get back in the gym to get a better time.

In November 2015 I returned to the gym which I joined in the January of 2015 (see what I mean about track) and jumped straight into the 200k holiday challenge as I needed something to kickstart my rowing. I admit that it was not easy going to the gym usually before work at 5.30am or after work at gone 9pm but with my stubborn streak kicking in I was able to do the 200k within the time frame which did surprise me as I did have a few wobbly moments.

I do not particulaly like my times at the moment but I now from previous years where my first 2k was over 10 minutes it will not take too long to get to my best ever 2k time of 07:40 which is on the way to my dream of sub 7

I will need to find a virtual team to join as I previously set up a team comprising of my wife and I but it was a bit of a disaster since she completed about 10k which was about 210k less than me in one of the yearly challenges as she is not keen on rowing.

I have purchased the basic rowpro which will be good as long as my local gym has a good wifi signal & once Digital Rowing can sort out all the issues that they are having which does not include the server problems
Weight Class: Hwt Ages: 50-59

gregsmith01748
10k Poster

Re: Not a newbie but here we go again to lose the weight

Post by gregsmith01748 » January 9th, 2016, 4:50 pm

We would welcome you to Free Spirits if you are interested. It's a team with a big UK contingent, and a mix of folks rowing for weight loss, fitness and competition. We participate in all the C2 challenges, the cross team challenge and some of our own.

Follow this link to find out more: http://www.freespiritsrowing.com/forum/ ... um.php?f=9
Greg

lindsayh
Half Marathon Poster

Post by lindsayh » January 9th, 2016, 8:17 pm

the Forum Flyers are another option for you.
International membership and active here on this Forum, in the UK and in Australia too.
The most important thing is to find the incentive and support to do it of course!
The CTC challenges and the C2 ones here are all a good way of doing that.

http://indoorsportservices.co.uk/forum/ ... tart=15075

http://www.c2forum.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=90
Lindsay
72yo 93kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs (65y+) 1 min 349m, 500m 1:29.8, 1k 3:11.7 2k 6:47.4, 5km 18:07.9, 30' 7928m, 10k 37:57.2, 60' 15368m

nickb4782a
Paddler

Post by nickb4782a » January 11th, 2016, 6:24 am

Thanks to Lindsay and Greg for inviting me to their tems :D :)
I have now affiliated to Free Spirits as I feel this reflects what I am looking for although looking at the leader board I am not sure that I have any chance of getting in the top ten :cry: but you never know what will happen and I might get close :lol:
Weight Class: Hwt Ages: 50-59

gregsmith01748
10k Poster

Post by gregsmith01748 » January 11th, 2016, 6:35 am

nickb4782a wrote:Thanks to Lindsay and Greg for inviting me to their tems :D :)
I have now affiliated to Free Spirits as I feel this reflects what I am looking for although looking at the leader board I am not sure that I have any chance of getting in the top ten :cry: but you never know what will happen and I might get close :lol:
When it comes to the meter board, it is very much like dog sledding. Unless you are the lead dog, the view is very much the same. There is always someone to chase!

Welcome to Free Spirits. B)
Greg