Team Row Pain, Row Gain

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] artmom5

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 16th, 2005, 12:57 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 16 2005, 06:12 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 16 2005, 06:12 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 16 2005, 03:16 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 16 2005, 03:16 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Having (fingers x'd) finally relegated the Arizonians to 13th place, it's time to look at our next target - the 11th placed team.<br /><br />Aaargh - it seems to be the Croatian junior olympic hopefuls club. Not many of them, but they're racking up serious kilometrage. <br /><br />Still we've WEIGHT of numbers on our side, so let's leave them rocking in our wake, smelling the burning blubber.<br /><br />C'mon the Chain Gang!!! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>They'll never know what hit them! <br /><br />In addition to rowing like mad, I think we need to recruit more members. I'm working on my sister (who doesn't even have her erg yet, but plans to order one) and one of the docs I work with. I found out yesterday that he has a used Model B and logs his meters here. He only rows sporadically, but I told him that every meter counts and perhaps we'd inspire him to row more regularly.</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Bobbi congrats on 200K!! <br />RPRG keeps exchanging between 12 & 11th now which is good. I tried your triangle set for a change. Got a PB for the 2000, but fought to finish the rest. Robin on our team is pushing me to not quit. We keep switching rankings on the team. Still can't seem to get beyond 10K, that summer solstice looks daunting at the least!<br />mary<br />IL<br />

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 16th, 2005, 2:20 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-artmom5+Jun 16 2005, 12:57 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(artmom5 @ Jun 16 2005, 12:57 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Bobbi congrats on 200K!! <br />RPRG keeps exchanging between 12 & 11th now which is good. I tried your triangle set for a change. Got a PB for the 2000, but fought to finish the rest. Robin on our team is pushing me to not quit. We keep switching rankings on the team. Still can't seem to get beyond 10K, that summer solstice looks daunting at the least!<br />mary<br />IL <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>Thanks, Mary. You and Robin have really been making great strides. Our newest member, Corgimom, has been doing a good job, too. Mike just blew ahead of Kevin and Randy, and should hit 400k before long. Ken just passed 300K. Yeah! <br /><br />There's no way I'm going to try to do the Summer Solstice Challenge in one sitting, and unless you've got your sights set on a half-marathon, there's no need for you to do it either. The 21,000 meters can be spread out over several pieces throughout the day. I'm off work that day, so I plan to split it into at least three--maybe four--pieces. Right now I think I'll probably do 7000 three times.</span>

[old] izrbluer

Post by [old] izrbluer » June 17th, 2005, 7:31 am

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Summer Challenge - June 21<br /><br />I'm going to give it a shot, even if I just do it in small incriments. Baby steps and all - I think I'll suprise myself and actually finish that way!! <br /><br />Kris</span></span>

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » June 17th, 2005, 11:59 am

Good heavens.<br /><br />See we've passed the 4 million metre mark. That's 4000 kilometres or approximately 2500 miles.<br /><br />According to my GPS, if we'd rowed out of NYC on a course of 295 degrees, we'd now just be 78 miles from downtown San Francisco!

[old] RockinRobin

Post by [old] RockinRobin » June 17th, 2005, 1:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 17 2005, 10:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 17 2005, 10:59 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Good heavens.<br /><br />See we've passed the 4 million metre mark. That's 4000 kilometres or approximately 2500 miles.<br /><br />According to my GPS, if we'd rowed out of NYC on a course of 295 degrees, we'd now just be 78 miles from downtown San Francisco! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Wow, now that's the power of Team Work!

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 17th, 2005, 5:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 17 2005, 11:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 17 2005, 11:59 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Good heavens.<br /><br />See we've passed the 4 million metre mark. That's 4000 kilometres or approximately 2500 miles.<br /><br />According to my GPS, if we'd rowed out of NYC on a course of 295 degrees, we'd now just be 78 miles from downtown San Francisco! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>Oh my! What a team! Today was supposed to be my day off, but I couldnt stand the thought of not logging a few meters, so I rowed for 15 minutes after I fed the dogs tonight. After I row tomorrow, I'll be over 50K for the week. I've already rowed more this week than I ever have in one week before. </span>

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » June 17th, 2005, 6:18 pm

"I've already rowed more this week than I ever have in one week before"<br /><br />Brilliant work Bobbi!

[old] izrbluer

Post by [old] izrbluer » June 18th, 2005, 8:32 am

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Optima'>Great job!!<br /><br />Kris</span></span></span><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 17 2005, 05:19 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 17 2005, 05:19 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I've already rowed more this week than I ever have in one week before.  <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 18th, 2005, 11:53 am

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 16 2005, 03:16 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 16 2005, 03:16 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Having (fingers x'd) finally relegated the Arizonians to 13th place, it's time to look at our next target - the 11th placed team.<br /><br />Aaargh - it seems to be the Croatian junior olympic hopefuls club. Not many of them, but they're racking up serious kilometrage. <br /><br />Still we've WEIGHT of numbers on our side, so let's leave them rocking in our wake, smelling the burning blubber.<br /><br />C'mon the Chain Gang!!! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>It might be fleeting, but at the moment we've pulled ahead of the kids from Croatia into 11th place! </span>

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » June 18th, 2005, 7:02 pm

"It might be fleeting, but at the moment we've pulled ahead of the kids from Croatia into 11th place! "<br /><br />Yee-Haa!!!<br /><br />Or as we say in the jolly old UK, "Frightfully good show, chaps."

[old] chipman

Post by [old] chipman » June 19th, 2005, 12:24 am

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 18 2005, 04:02 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 18 2005, 04:02 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"It might be fleeting, but at the moment we've pulled ahead of the kids from Croatia into 11th place! "<br /><br />Yee-Haa!!!<br /><br />Or as we say in the jolly old UK, "Frightfully good show, chaps." <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ok boys and girls, I've lost my mind and have done 43000 meters in 2 days. My goal is 100,000 by tuesday evening. If you don't hear from me, please call 911, but first make sure if they find me collapsed on my C2 have them log my completed meters!

[old] Jumpsoda

Post by [old] Jumpsoda » June 19th, 2005, 12:29 am

<br /><br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hey guys, thanks for letting me join the team.</span>

[old] chipman

Post by [old] chipman » June 19th, 2005, 12:50 am

<br /><br />Welcome...... NOW START ROWING AND REPORT BACK WITH AT LEAST 10000M!!!!!!!!!!!!

[old] katbois

Post by [old] katbois » June 19th, 2005, 5:52 pm

Decided to bike today to break up the erging day in and day out! <br /><br />Had a flat and wished I'd gone to the gym and rowed instead! <br /><br />Oh, well, at least I got some sun (and some rain) and some fresh air. And I pissed off a couple of drivers that don't even like it when there are bikers in the bike lane. Go figure!<br /><br />Tomorrow I plan on 15K and then Tuesday (June 21) I'll be rowing the Summer Solstice Challenge plus 97 extra meters to make it a 1/2 marathon. <br /><br />Good luck to all! <br /><br />Mark

[old] SpaCityBulldog

Post by [old] SpaCityBulldog » June 19th, 2005, 6:37 pm

I leave town for a few days and you guys are just moving on up without me. I took Friday off and the Mrs. and I went camping for a long weekend. And low and behold I could fit the C2 in the back of my crewcab so i hauled it with me and got a 10K both Friday and Saturday mornings.<br /><br />After getting back home and unpacking I just finished a 1/2 marathon. As I mentioned last week Tuesdays are bad for me to try a long row so I did it today.<br /><br />It's interesting watching everyone log their meters. Randy and I were leapfrogging each other for a while now he's pulled away from me. I don't know what got into Mike the last 10 days to two weeks but he's logged some serious meters and has blown past me like I was standing still.<br /><br />Congratulations to all on climbing the rankings. We're currently less than 100K meters behind Dutch RowPros. I believe most of that group live in the Netherlands so they'll be logging their meters before most of us even climb out of bed. <br /><br />And welcome to the new members.