LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

PJM
Half Marathon Poster

Post by PJM » April 30th, 2008, 10:16 am

Greetings from a TimbukToo-ian/TIMBUK2-ian!!
It has been a really great season here in the Virtual Rowing Waters.It has been an honor to row along side and closely ahead or behind your magnificent craft/vessel.Your crew is to be admired.The enthusiasm and inner vessel competition is motivating to me and to others I am sure.Congrats on a job well done in all the past challenges and you were really hard to beat.It is amazing how guys and gals who have never met and row strictly on pure individual discipline can achieve the meters logged that we all have.That says so much about each of you/us as a team and as those who are dedicated to the sport of rowing and dedicated to keeping healthy and fit.My passion in life is health and fitness and living to be well over 100.
Thanks for the friendship, motivation and competition over the past few months.I will get this team room party started..early..I gotta get my rowing done for the last day and get myself all psyched for starting at zero..I raise a glass of premium champagne to ALL of the Luna -Tics and MY crew and the crews of all the Timuktu fleet.
YAH-HOO!!!!!!

and I am a choco-holic and also row to eat chocolate..here is my added contribution..

Pat
B)
[img]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/lockaroundmyheart/Not%20Real%20Pictures/Animations/diddle-1.gif[/img]

Kona2
Marathon Poster

The 2008 Yearbook!

Post by Kona2 » April 30th, 2008, 10:29 am

ImageImageImage

Virtual Party in the Team Room!!

and for those team members who are underage....Image

Dang, feels like school's out! Better sign the yearbook!

DavidA
10k Poster

Post by DavidA » April 30th, 2008, 1:40 pm

I am only a member for the virtual events, but I want to sign the yearbook. :) B)
I wish we could be member of a school/university team and a virtual team, but we can't. I feel I should stay a member of my university team, but I very much like the LUNA-TICS virtual team.
Good luck to everyone this next season on meeting, or beating their goals, being healthy, and enjoying themselves.

David
63 y / 70 kg / 172 cm / 5 kids / 17 grandkids :)
Received my model C erg 18-Dec-1994
my log

just27
10k Poster

Re: The 2008 Yearbook!

Post by just27 » April 30th, 2008, 4:16 pm

Kona2 wrote: Virtual Party in the Team Room!! Dang, feels like school's out! Better sign the yearbook!
Just wanted to stop in early, sign the yearbook, and enjoy a glass of virtual cheer (thx, Pat ... Champagne's my fave.)

My mom, "one-K-a-day-Rae," hopes to be back in the 80-and-above rankings race next season. She's having surgery on Friday for a detached retina, which has slowed her down a tad. (I just noticed that AJ currently has 27,000 +/- meters to reach his first million ... funny how I find that number everywhere.)
My goals for next season are to row one marathon (Lord of the Rings trilogy, it is!), and log 3 million. (And this message will self destruct on December 31.)

Great job, everyone. "It's been real" ... good, cheap fun ... good virtual team, and splendid team mates (both year-round and virtual :D ). I'll take a brownie to go, please.

Chris

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Re: The 2008 Yearbook!

Post by Toothdoc » April 30th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Kona2 wrote:[

Dang, feels like school's out! Better sign the yearbook!
Just signing in before my last row of the season. A nice easy one. Then it's party time. Make mine a cold Corona Lite with some of those salted Pistachios. I'll bring virtual braised lamb shanks and roasted herb potatoes. Somebody else has to do the appetizer, salad/soup and dessert.

Next years goal is to join the 10 million meter club and get another T-shirt and 3 more cocktail glasses. That will make 5, will still need 3 more for a set. My wife hates them, what's wrong with her?

We will be getting serious tomorrow.

Dan

Patbyron
Paddler

Post by Patbyron » April 30th, 2008, 6:28 pm

I'm having REAL beer and nachos to celebrate our virtual party! You have all given me motivation when I've needed it. When I haven't felt like rowing, I've done it anyway,...for the team.

Thanks...it's been a fun trip!
Pat

Calamity
1k Poster

Post by Calamity » April 30th, 2008, 7:12 pm

Orion

Princess Anais and Jane, Jane with Barbara's Luna-tic shirt

Found the perfect backdrop for our team. I could not get the erg and the 4 kids in the car - so had to settle for the kids.

It has been a great year. I might even go for the 10,000 meter a day page next year and with all the free stuff from c2, never buy my own sports clothes again.

Cheers - as the would say back in the home land - Jane

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Kap'n Kristine's Marathon Finish!

Post by Kona2 » April 30th, 2008, 8:54 pm

And it's a MARATHON finish by Kap'n Kristine! Amazing!!!

Way to cap off the million meters and the rowing year! Congrats Kristine!

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » April 30th, 2008, 9:05 pm

Kaptn. Kristine,

AWESOME FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

PS: AJ is also a man among men!!!!!!!!!

I only had to edit this thing 3 times to get rid of the typos. Make that four.

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » April 30th, 2008, 9:47 pm

yeah captain k....and all you other marathoners and half marathoners.....and thanks jan and all the other stats folks...and teammates...and honory teammate pat....and captain k for being our captain.....never thought rowing could be so much fun.....barbara

Trouble1
Paddler

Post by Trouble1 » April 30th, 2008, 10:34 pm

Great effort Kristine!!!! Now you have really set the bar for next season.

Look what everyone did in just four months, think what we can do in a year.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Tim

kalmjorg
500m Poster

Post by kalmjorg » April 30th, 2008, 10:44 pm

Well I am signing the yearbook too. I hope to make it a blowout next year. Congrats to all the milestone makers and everyone else. I will be gone now for about a week but will try to keep on rowing.
LJ

kalmjorg
500m Poster

Post by kalmjorg » April 30th, 2008, 10:46 pm

OH HEY! Will we still be in this room for the new season?
LJ

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Next season's team room?

Post by Kona2 » April 30th, 2008, 11:23 pm

Hey all,

I will ask about the next season's team room location. If it were me, I would archive this one (accessible to all - just can't post there).

One recommendation I have is to keep a single team room instead of making a JVC team room, a NARC team room, etc., but that's just my thoughts.

andreacs
2k Poster

Post by andreacs » April 30th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Signing in for the last day of this first season on the team!

Congratulations Kristine for the marathon!
Thanks much for getting me on the JVC team when I was looking for a boat for my first team challenge!

Thank you all (permanent and temporary) team members for being such an energizing and fun bunch of LUNA-TICS! I feel at home with y'all :).

Thanks to you: today I reached 1,001,255m in my logbook!
(my model D shows some more, as I was entering manually for a while, but I rather row than try to track the missing k's ;)).

Target for next season:
- reach my second and third Ms
- row a marathon
- get nice pics in my postings

For today's potluck I'd bring chocolate and gelato, and would take some of the contributed champagne!

See you soon back and
Happy rowing!

Andrea :D