Trans Canada Row

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] FrancoisA

General

Post by [old] FrancoisA » December 30th, 2005, 12:41 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Yukon John+Dec 29 2005, 05:51 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Yukon John @ Dec 29 2005, 05:51 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Francois, how is your back coming along? <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi John,<br /><br />Things haven't really improved. I can't lift or pull anything heavy without pain. Fortunately, I can swim (did almost 5k tonight) and I have resumed running and biking (on a trainer) to maintain my endurance. I will see my physiotherapist early in January. Quite frankly, I am missing my regular erging sessions a lot <br /><br />One piece of advise that I have learned the hard way: It is counterproductive in the long run to constantly test oneself (i.e. attempting PBs).<br /><br />Cheers!<br /><br />Francois

[old] jetwbt

General

Post by [old] jetwbt » December 30th, 2005, 11:30 am

December 30th - 17967 - 1:04:38.8 - 6x2000m with 4 minutes rest. All all under 7 minutes and a new PB of 6:22.9<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Brian

[old] Krysta Coleman

General

Post by [old] Krysta Coleman » December 30th, 2005, 12:57 pm

Brian, you're <b>smokin!</b> Congrats on the PB.<br /><br />Looks like some close finishes in the Eh!Team CTC results. Jim and Mark have a 5 second spread? And John and Joe with less than 3 secs apart? Should make for some good friendly competition in the next challenge, eh? Maybe a second full boat in January, too?<br /><br />- Krysta

[old] Yukon John

General

Post by [old] Yukon John » December 30th, 2005, 5:49 pm

I second Krista's comment Brian, way to go!!! What kind of stroke rate to you go at that speed?<br /><br />I got a pb today too in the 6000. (22:10.9) I shaved 12.9 seconds off of Monday's attempt. It moved us back up into lucky 13th position in the CTC!<br /><br />16k total today 12/30

[old] FrancoisA

General

Post by [old] FrancoisA » December 30th, 2005, 6:06 pm

Congratulations Brian and John for your PBs! <br /><br />Happy New Year to all of you!<br /><br />Francois

[old] rr1kirk

General

Post by [old] rr1kirk » December 30th, 2005, 7:42 pm

December 30 7.6k<br /><br />Congrats John & Brian on the PBs.<br /><br />Did some 500's and a 1000 with drag at 75. Looked pretty funny during the 500. Did a fly & die, fell off the seat and still managed to shave 4 seconds. Paced the 1000 better, still had lots left AND remained seated throughout!<br /><br />Happy New Year to all!<br /><br />Kirk<br />

[old] Mark Keating

General

Post by [old] Mark Keating » December 30th, 2005, 11:09 pm

Dec. 30:<br />7K XC ski, first outing of the year. <br />12K erg, 50' @ 2:19.3, 16 SPM plus cooldown<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-rr1kirk+Dec 30 2005, 06:42 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(rr1kirk @ Dec 30 2005, 06:42 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Did some 500's and a 1000 with drag at 75.  Looked pretty funny during the 500.  Did a fly & die, fell off the seat and still managed to shave 4 seconds.  Paced the 1000 better, still had lots left AND remained seated throughout! </td></tr></table><br /> <br /><br />Sounds like you had lots of fun Kirk! And they say that erging is boring!!<br /><br />I'm not sure, but isn't a drag factor of 75 a little lower than the normal range for the erg? The range is likely specified in the manual somewhere, but I think your fan may be a bit dirty.<br /><br />

[old] ulu

General

Post by [old] ulu » December 30th, 2005, 11:37 pm

whoops

[old] ulu

General

Post by [old] ulu » December 30th, 2005, 11:50 pm

10k for me - Dec 20.<br /><br /><span style='color:blue'>Congrats on the new PB's John and Brian. The water under our boat must be steamin' now, eh? </span><br /><br />I decided I had to join the new PB ranks and I was able to get sub 24 on the 6k today. 23:56.4. It's a start.<br /><br />Welcome Alan Mayes to the Eh!Team. Our hoser ranks continue to grow.<br /><br /><span style='color:purple'>As far as the January challenge is concerned we now have a good sized team. Our current membership is:<br />Francois Audet<br />John Berryman<br />zeb berryman<br />joe bishop<br />Barrett Brickell<br />Scott Broussard<br />Rob Clayton<br />Krysta Coleman<br />Linda Corkal<br />Jim Corkal<br />Ed Desjardins<br />Virginia Drewry<br />Shirleen Dubuque<br />Jane Grice<br />Adrienne Horton<br />Mark Keating<br />Sue Keller<br />Carol Kittredge<br />Vince Lam<br />abby martin<br />DArcy McKittrick<br />Shannon Meekins<br />Allan Meltzer<br />Robert Moore<br />Daryl Muz<br />Bob Nelson<br />Kirk Nelson<br />Ross Nixon<br />Trevor Reeves<br />Michael Siska<br />Walter Strapps<br />Brian Turner<br />Jill Vandal<br />Caroline Whitfield<br />Dan Wickwar<br /><br />Our newest member is Walter Strapps from Antigonish, Nova Scotia who is awaiting the arrival of our boat on the Cross Canada Row.<br /><br />I am in the midst of making a rowbot for us, that should be able to go to the concept2 site, read the mileage of Eh!Team January Challenge members, and automatically update the google earth file. This is only possible since we are "Straight lining it" across the atlantic. It is actually a great circle route and I will be using the Haversine equation to keep us on track, for any of you mathematicians/geographers out there. </span><br /><br />Keep on rowin',<br /><br />Jim

[old] jetwbt

General

Post by [old] jetwbt » December 31st, 2005, 1:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Yukon John+Dec 31 2005, 12:49 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Yukon John @ Dec 31 2005, 12:49 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I second Krista's comment Brian, way to go!!! What kind of stroke rate to you go at that speed? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />The stroke rate was 33, which is a bit higher than my ususal 29/30. Congratulations on the new PB John!<br /><br />Jim, looking forward to the rowbot!<br /><br />December 31st -17K - 1:05:30 (1K warm up - 6K - 21:40 (tried to help improve the team score, but it wasn't happening today)- 9K at a very slow pace, 1K cooldown).<br /><br />All the best in the new year to everyone!<br /><br />Brian

[old] Rowgirl

General

Post by [old] Rowgirl » December 31st, 2005, 1:58 pm

6k for me today. Happy New Year to everyone!<br /><br />Jill

[old] Krysta Coleman

General

Post by [old] Krysta Coleman » December 31st, 2005, 2:05 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Rowgirl+Dec 31 2005, 11:58 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Rowgirl @ Dec 31 2005, 11:58 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->6k for me today. Happy New Year to everyone!<br /><br />Jill <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hey, Jill - if you did that 6k in one sitting... you could always enter the time in the <span style='color:blue'><a href='http://www.c2ctc.com/' target='_blank'>Cross Team Challenge</a></span> website and keep Mark (manitobamoose?) company in the second Eh!Team boat <br /><br />Edit - (or you could climb aboard the first boat too, of course!) <br /><br />Happy New Year!<br /><br />- Krysta

[old] ulu

General

Post by [old] ulu » December 31st, 2005, 2:45 pm

A question for all of you hosers.<br /><br />The January challenge is about to begin. Our Cross Canada boat is still has over a million kliks to go before we make it to St. John's.<br /><br />We have had many people join the Eh!Team for the January challenge, but they have not been contributing their mileage to the Cross Canada Row. Our goal is to row around the world. <br /><br />OK, here's the question. Do you want me to start a boat out from St. John's on the Trans Atlantic Row (and then round the world) while we finish our trans canada row?<br /><br /> Mileage would only be contributed to one boat. Once we finish the trans canada row, we would "helicopter out" to the trans atlantic boat and start contrbuting our mileage together. <br /><br /><b>(None of this affects the total kliks rowed for the challenge, which is controlled by C2)</b><br /><br />Any other suggestions on how to handle this?<br /><br />Thanx,<br /><br />Jim

[old] DArcy

General

Post by [old] DArcy » December 31st, 2005, 4:24 pm

18 k from Dec 27 to 31 -- haven't been near a computer for a few days.<br /><br />Second boat for round the world makes sense to me.<br /><br />Happy New Year to all ...D'Arcy

[old] Mark Keating

General

Post by [old] Mark Keating » December 31st, 2005, 7:07 pm

A great way to finish off the old year - 7K XC ski followed by a small mountain of waffles topped with lots of fruit, too much syrup and way, way too much whipped cream - all in the company of friends and family.<br />A short nap soon followed along with some light reading and then a 6K @ 23:41.3. I figured if there was ever a chance to make it into the Eh! Team 1 boat this was it, before anybody else signs up and with Francois and Jim both nursing sore backs!<br />This beats my only other 6K attempt by about 43 seconds and was pretty close to an all-out effort, so I'm happy with that!<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-ulu+Dec 31 2005, 01:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ulu @ Dec 31 2005, 01:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->OK, here's the question. Do you want me to start a boat out from St. John's on the Trans Atlantic Row (and then round the world) while we finish our trans canada row? </td></tr></table><br />I would prefer completing our TransCanada trip Jim and then joining the others, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. I suggest that we do whatever is easiest for you.<br /><br />Happy New Year everyone!