Around the World Row!

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » January 10th, 2007, 5:45 pm

Tyn wrote:But are my mters going to the overall 'around the world' challenge!!??
Tyn, the meters for the "Around the World Row" come from the Team Standings of the Eh! Team (the "normal" team, which is in the profile, not the JVC team). Jim has written some sophisticated software that takes these meters that are rowed every day, and maps them onto Google Earth.

I don't know if you are already affiliated with a team, but if you aren't, and want to sign up with us .... (hear the sound of the luring drums in the distance ...) :lol:

Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 10th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Brigitte!

I will think about that one!

You have allready touched my soft spot,
And that's pretty quick;

But said that,

stop lurkong the forum!! and ROW girl!

Go team GO!!!
Tyn

M42H

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. So row well and live."

"Nobody move! I've dropped me brain!"

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » January 10th, 2007, 6:15 pm

Tyn wrote:stop lurkong the forum!! and ROW girl!
Hey, it's me who is supposed to swing that whip!!! B)

And how am I supposed to row, if some Dutchman (whose name I wont reveal) keeps me busy with his posts??? :wink:

Anyway it's too late to row now, need my beauty sleep now (don't anyone dare comment on that!) and get up early tomorrow to catch up with Margaret again (maybe, just maybe).

Yaaawwwwn ... been a long day ....

Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 10th, 2007, 6:27 pm

Brigitte

I won't comment on your 'beaty" sleep,

WAKE UP GIRL, JUST ROW, Don't let the team down!!

What is beaty???
You've got a TEAM!!
Tyn

M42H

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. So row well and live."

"Nobody move! I've dropped me brain!"

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » January 10th, 2007, 6:31 pm

You mean, it's enough to have a beautiful team??? :shock:

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 10th, 2007, 6:32 pm

Tyn wrote:Q:

I think this one is for Jim!!

I'm rowing for the JVC now for the Eh!team!
Happy doing it!
Brigitte has the correct response. All of the coding points to the Eh!Team virtual team for the Around the World Row. As long as you are a member of the Eh!team, your meters will show up on the google earth file.

You are more than welcome to join us!

Brik wrote:John, as a Non-Canadian, I'm curious about the (hi)story behind "Eh!" and "Hosers" etc.. Could you enlighten this poor stranger?
Ok, all you Canucks. Where do we begin? Brigitte, I suggest you start with Home Brew, a movie. Co roo co coo, co coo coo coo.

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » January 10th, 2007, 6:36 pm

ulu wrote:Co roo co coo, co coo coo coo.
Is the next line "Ayayayayayaaaaaayyyy"??? :?:

(Did I already mention that I need to go to sleep? I know, no beauty needed for me, you guys are beautiful in my place ...)

Tinpusher
2k Poster

Post by Tinpusher » January 10th, 2007, 6:56 pm

Its great to see more names joining our ranks. I'm sure we'll be back in Vermont before March.

I learned a lesson today. Always know what your PB is for an event.

I'd decided to do 60 minutes today and all was going well. I was projected to be around 15800m and was pacing very evenly. I thought my PB was around 15860ish but wasn't sure, so didn't push it. I finished at 15819m and my old PB was 15836m. Aarghhh!!!!

Dave
David Chmilowskyj
M 56 6ft 4in/1.94m 230lb/105kg
Team Oarsome

Yukon John
1k Poster

Post by Yukon John » January 10th, 2007, 8:05 pm

Tinpusher wrote:Its great to see more names joining our ranks. I'm sure we'll be back in Vermont before March.

I learned a lesson today. Always know what your PB is for an event.

I'd decided to do 60 minutes today and all was going well. I was projected to be around 15800m and was pacing very evenly. I thought my PB was around 15860ish but wasn't sure, so didn't push it. I finished at 15819m and my old PB was 15836m. Aarghhh!!!!

Dave
Bummer there Dave! I've done the same thing myself and my wife is like "what do you mean you didn't know what your PB was!" Tends to make you feel a bit sheepish :wink: .

Brigette, I agree with Jim that you should watch "Home Brew", it's highly educational :D . As far as "eh" goes, it's probably equivalent to the U.S.'s "huh", but it sounds a little more intelligent :twisted: No offense intended, well at least not much anyway :P

Well done everyone on the January Challenge, especially those who are pushing the limits! Don't forget about the CTC though. We need to get Ellen some company in boat two. I'd be glad to go there if someone would push me over to join her.

Welcome Tyn for the January Challenge, you really should consider joining us. We have everything, a boat going round the world, a fun place to hang out on the forum, and someone with a very long whip that isn't afraid to use it :shock: . John
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1151982539.png[/img]

Age 47, 6'0", 164 lbs.
100k row completed 11/25/06 7:48:45.2

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 10th, 2007, 9:52 pm

Yukon John wrote:but it sounds a little more intelligent :twisted:
Huh?

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 10th, 2007, 10:37 pm

Hosers, forgive me, eh.
Bernadette get out you whip and whip me, eh.

The movie is "Strange Brew", not Home Brew.

For a brief intro to hoserdom, check out: you hoser

Here are sample pictures of hosers:

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 10th, 2007, 11:14 pm

ulu wrote:"Strange Brew", not Home Brew
Well, I guess at -30, it's the Home Brew that's keeping ya going, eh?

ddonohue
Paddler

Post by ddonohue » January 11th, 2007, 12:15 am

danwho wrote:
Yukon John wrote:but it sounds a little more intelligent :twisted:
Huh?
How about a good ole

wha?

ChrisH
500m Poster

Post by ChrisH » January 11th, 2007, 8:15 am

John wrote:
probably equivalent to the U.S.'s "huh", but it sounds a little more intelligent
In addition the "Huh!Team" just sounds wrong. :lol:
Chris
MH 54 5'8'' 190lbs.

kit44
Paddler

Post by kit44 » January 11th, 2007, 9:54 am

I just thought I'd pop my head in to say hi to my new team before going off to row, but it feels like I've jumped into a private conversation! Forgive the intrusion! Thanks for letting me jump in the boat now that you're so close to the finish - but I'm looking forward to the coastal trip.
Anyway - Kit here, been rowing seriously (meaning more than 5 minutes at a time, and more than twice/week) for 4 years, closing in on 5 million metres - should get there around the time the Eh team gets to C2 headquarters, actually - there's the push for me to row hard for you guys! :)
I've definitely played the PB game in the past, coming up just a few metres or seconds short - but since part of my goal for this year is to PB in every distance/time, I'm trying to keep track! Already managed to PB in a bunch of the long hauls, but the 2k eludes me - so I'm just not posting my time for that one. CDN Indoor falls on my 48th birthday - while I can't attend, I plan to compete - wish me luck!
Kit