Around the World Row!

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » January 6th, 2007, 9:49 am

danwho wrote:I hope someone had the foresight to lock the door.
Sure, Dan, but I still have the key :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . But I agree: celebrating all our fellow team members' PBs, marathons, CTCs, and all our other big achievements, is hard work, but someone has to do it!!! :lol: Just don't fall off the erg on your beer row, Dan! (Can I have a beer too, if I ask nicely?)

It's funny with the Team Canada ... when I did my last post I had no idea that they were about to contact us (maybe I have psychic abilities?). So I was quite surprised this morning when I checked my mail that I had been invited to join them too. Since it might be fun to chase those Free Spirits a little, I signed up for the Team Canada too (does rowing with the Eh! Team for almost a year qualify me to be a -say- adopted Canadian?). This might be a good occasion to get in touch with the Team Canada and see if maybe we can also join forces on the Club rankings? They have formed a small team there already too. Jim, what is your ake on that?
Last edited by BriK on January 6th, 2007, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alkem
500m Poster

Happy New Year! (also posted alone under General)

Post by alkem » January 6th, 2007, 10:09 am

Hello Fellow Eh! Team members! - Happy New Year!

Apologies for my disappearing act, but my body hasn't been doing too well the last couple months and then I started out the new year by falling down the stairs (nothing broken, but pain and bad bruising of my right elbow).

Here's looking forward to a great 2007. I've joined Team Canada for the January challenge as the email I received indicated I could row for both The Eh! Team and Team Canada. I see we're doing great on the Around the World Row.

I've inquired about entering the Ontario Indoor Rowing Championships at Ridley College, St. Catharines, Ontario on Mar. 4, 2007. Any other Eh! Team members plan on competing?

Well, I hope to contribute more regularly again.

Take care,
Michelle
[url]http://brainangles.blogspot.com[/url]

[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1173219887.png[/img]

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 6th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Welcome back, Michelle. Sorry to hear about your injuries, but glad to hear they're not stopping you.

Yukon John
1k Poster

Post by Yukon John » January 6th, 2007, 3:23 pm

Welcome back Michelle!!! I didn't know that Team Canada had started their own team for the club listings. Yesterday I sent a pm to their organizer inviting him or anyone else from the January Challenge Team Canada group to join the Eh Team once the Jan. Challenge is done. I haven't heard back. I'll let you know if I hear anything. John.
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1151982539.png[/img]

Age 47, 6'0", 164 lbs.
100k row completed 11/25/06 7:48:45.2

Krysta Coleman
500m Poster

Post by Krysta Coleman » January 6th, 2007, 6:27 pm

Wow, Brigitte, you're smokin' with 108,000m! After my girl goes to sleep tonight I am going to have to do some serious rowing just to keep you in sight.
5'7", 35 years old, trying to regain fitness. Old PBs:

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 7th, 2007, 8:29 pm

Welcome back Michelle. Glad to hear you are OK.

Great rowin' by all of you other hosers.
We have made into Ecuador and we have now rowerd over 48,000,0000 meters

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

Calgary Rob
Paddler

Post by Calgary Rob » January 7th, 2007, 11:33 pm

Yukon John wrote:... I didn't know that Team Canada had started their own team for the club listings.
Neither did I as I seem to be the only Eh!Team member not to receive an email invitation :(

Oh well!
Male - 43 yrs, Wt - 150 lbs

1K - 3:44.2, 2K - 7:15.7, 5K - 19:24.5,
6K - 23:47, 30 mins - 7530m, 10K - 39:53,
HM - 1:29:15

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 8th, 2007, 12:05 am

Rob, I didn't get an invitation either. I emailed my info anyway - but so far I haven't heard back. In any case, looks they made it to #1.

Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Post by Bob S. » January 8th, 2007, 1:02 am

danwho wrote:Rob, I didn't get an invitation either. I emailed my info anyway - but so far I haven't heard back. In any case, looks they made it to #1.
They may be in first place for total meters, but with that bloated membership, they are well down the list for average meters per member.

Bob S.

Yukon John
1k Poster

Post by Yukon John » January 8th, 2007, 1:30 pm

Bob S. wrote:
danwho wrote:Rob, I didn't get an invitation either. I emailed my info anyway - but so far I haven't heard back. In any case, looks they made it to #1.
They may be in first place for total meters, but with that bloated membership, they are well down the list for average meters per member.

Bob S.
I think people can have their own goals as far as distance goes. I like to think of the different challenges that Concept 2 puts on more in terms of participation and getting people involved with this great community.
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1151982539.png[/img]

Age 47, 6'0", 164 lbs.
100k row completed 11/25/06 7:48:45.2

Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Post by Bob S. » January 8th, 2007, 4:34 pm

Yukon John wrote:
Bob S. wrote:

Bob S.
I think people can have their own goals as far as distance goes. I like to think of the different challenges that Concept 2 puts on more in terms of participation and getting people involved with this great community.
John,

True enough. I do apologize for my snide remark. It was really uncalled for.

Bob S.

Louis-Eric Simard
Paddler

Team Canada

Post by Louis-Eric Simard » January 8th, 2007, 7:39 pm

Concept 2 reaches an vast array of customers. There are the rowers who actually look forward to step on a boat as early in the season as possible, and who use the ergometer as a palliative training tool in the absence of clement weather (or proximity of water equipment), or as a mechanism for focused athletic self-improvement. Others, like me, at not rowers at all. I am, primarily, a cyclist. I spend my days either sitting at a desk, or putting pavement behind. This makes the rower the perfect core training tool to strengthen my back, shoulders and abs. I cross-train on my Model D in winter, and on long stretches of rainy summer days. Others still row inside to lose weight or to stay in shape throughout retirement, and this machine provides stability, accessibility and enjoyment to them as well. Team Canada has brought back to active rowing a significant number of people, and brought motivation for individuals to take a deeper interest in their sport. It will also offer a chance to other clubs to meet and mingle in friendly ground, and take pride in a common national achievement. It is a way for a large number of retired individuals to row together as an integral part of a welcoming team. It is a place for the competitive to actively measure themselves against excellent rowers. Further still, it will be a great opportunity for our membership to discover other virtual teams and local clubs they may like to join in the future. That we can get over 200 people to row this January with us is nothing to be ashamed of, and everything to be proud of.

John is absolutely right.

(Now, where do I get those nice objective-completion graphs I see in people's sigs ?)

Sisu
Paddler

Post by Sisu » January 8th, 2007, 8:04 pm

Tinpusher wrote:I too got the "be in both teams" email. I guess there's no harm in being in both. I think A M already is.
We, at Team Canada, are amazed by the distances put in by The Eh! Team and the fine work done by Brigitte; we would have liked to have you all onboard at the beginning of the January Challenge. In fact, quite a few members inquired about joining both teams ! I have therefore contacted Concept2 and have obtained the permission to list you under both of our teams.[...]

http://www.louis-eric.com/rowing/vtc200 ... ber=166312
Team Canada,
please post the email from C2 that gives you permission for that big recruitment drive from all sorts of virtual teams here in the forum.
So all SEE that its legit. It'd be making everyone really happy.
Thanks. :D

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 8th, 2007, 8:44 pm

Louis-Eric,
You can create that graph in your signature by going to http://www.c2ctc.com/make_image.php.
Dave (Tinpusher) conveniently has a link to this site as part of his signature.

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 8th, 2007, 9:28 pm

I see we are right next to San Agustín Archeological Park.
I think I'll stop by for a little while.
Brigitte, I promise I won't dawdle.
The largest group of religious monuments and megalithic sculptures in South America stands in a wild, spectacular landscape. Gods and mythical animals are skilfully represented in styles ranging from abstract to realist. These works of art display the creativity and imagination of a northern Andean culture that flourished from the 1st to the 8th century.