LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » November 28th, 2009, 12:21 am

William H wrote:Today is a great day!

Happy holiday season to all my fellow Luna-Tics! :D

Work has been a bit of an intrusion lately - and likely to continue for awhile - so, expect spotty reporting of the metres.

But today was great - I just finished my first Full Marathon of the season and broke 14 Million Metres Lifetime :shock: Certs have been downloaded and Marathon pin is on its way.

If it weren't for all the encouragement from my team mates, it would have been very easy to slack off, so again, thanks to all of you for the continuing support!

Now I think I'll take the rest of the day off :P
wow...14 million congrats....

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » November 28th, 2009, 3:02 am

bg wrote:
William H wrote:Today is a great day!

Happy holiday season to all my fellow Luna-Tics! :D

Work has been a bit of an intrusion lately - and likely to continue for awhile - so, expect spotty reporting of the metres.

But today was great - I just finished my first Full Marathon of the season and broke 14 Million Metres Lifetime :shock: Certs have been downloaded and Marathon pin is on its way.

If it weren't for all the encouragement from my team mates, it would have been very easy to slack off, so again, thanks to all of you for the continuing support!

Now I think I'll take the rest of the day off :P
wow...14 million congrats....
William..great work!!

Tomo has taken a breather today (Little Athletics and I'm going to brag for him...2nd in the 800 metres and a personal best :D - I keep telling him it is the rowing and all the support from the friendly Lunatic bunch...... B)

Cheers BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » November 28th, 2009, 3:50 am

William..great work!!

Tomo has taken a breather today (Little Athletics and I'm going to brag for him...2nd in the 800 metres and a personal best :D - I keep telling him it is the rowing and all the support from the friendly Lunatic bunch...... B)

Cheers BBB[/quote]

congrats and wooo hoooo tomo....

Kona2
Marathon Poster

In the stardust

Post by Kona2 » November 28th, 2009, 10:43 am

Image Whoa! Mitch just blew by with his first red giant! Follow that trail of stardust!! Congratulations !

Kona2
Marathon Poster

100 Half Marathon/Moons

Post by Kona2 » November 28th, 2009, 12:09 pm

Image One Hundred Half Marathon/Moons.....what a milestone!

Congratulations, Barbara, on your first one hundred half marathon/moons of the season....there's still time to put in a second hundred!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 11.27.09

Post by Kona2 » November 28th, 2009, 12:40 pm

We're following star trails...and we've covered over 1,000,000 m in the last three rowing days! Visible in our rowing universe today we have two red giants, a full moon, four half moons and a lotta stars!

Season meters as of 211/365 = 59,187,092 m

Total meters on the day = 361,970 m

Oars in space (participation) = 24 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

14 MM Lifetime Meters - William H aka Wild Bill
Image Mitch J with red giant # 1 and 50,249 m
Image Bart with another red giant and 50,000 m
Image Wild Bill with a full marathon (second of the calendar year, and first of the rowing season)
Image Bazzy with a half moon and 26,243 m
Image Laurie, Voodoogirl working some lunar magic, with a half moon and 24,000 m
ImageBarbara with half marathon/moon # 100!
Image Dave with half marathon # 61

TWO Million Meter Watch:

Darryl with (68,828 m) to go!

And thanks to all today's Image for moving us closer to the moon....we've traveled 60.5% of the way to the moon!

Mary 4,380 m
Bish 4,500 m - good progress!
Kenneth G 7,000 m
Tony Image 7,777 m :D
Bill 8,016 m
Noelle 9,007 m
Teresa 9,386 m
Rick 10,000 m
Mike C 12,000 m
Karyn 12,379 m
Peter G 12,500 m
Darryl 14,675 m
Jim 15,231 m
Dave 21,097 m
Barbara 21,335 m
Laurie 24,000 m
Baz 26,243 m
Wild Bill 42,195 m
Bart 50,000 m
Mitch J 50,249 m

And congrats to Tomo on his personal best in the 800 m !

bish
Paddler

Post by bish » November 28th, 2009, 1:55 pm

Thanks all for the kind welcomes! And for the progress encouragement :) It's great to be able to come here daily and check to see how everyone is doing and to see myself move up the chart as I row more meters!

I'm starting out doing the workouts that are in the weight loss pdf found on Concept 2's website. It's slowly working me into longer and longer workouts. I'm essentially making a complete lifestyle change in the way I eat and exercise. (Meaning eating less and actually exercising :P ) I'm really amazed at how only a week of rowing, eating just a little less and getting to bed early has left me feeling great, filled with energy, and I'm already seeing a some weight loss. I had so much energy yesterday I actually cleaned my entire house after my workout LOL.

Thanks again all :)

-bish

P.S. One of my goals it to be able to post a before and after picture in my profile thus why I have a symbol rather than a real picture. Just one more goal to keep me motivated! :)
"One of these days ... one of these days ... Bang zoom, to the Moon!!"

William H
2k Poster

Post by William H » November 28th, 2009, 2:11 pm

bish wrote:Thanks all for the kind welcomes! And for the progress encouragement :) It's great to be able to come here daily and check to see how everyone is doing and to see myself move up the chart as I row more meters!

I'm starting out doing the workouts that are in the weight loss pdf found on Concept 2's website. It's slowly working me into longer and longer workouts. I'm essentially making a complete lifestyle change in the way I eat and exercise. (Meaning eating less and actually exercising :P ) I'm really amazed at how only a week of rowing, eating just a little less and getting to bed early has left me feeling great, filled with energy, and I'm already seeing a some weight loss. I had so much energy yesterday I actually cleaned my entire house after my workout LOL.

-bish

P.S. One of my goals it to be able to post a before and after picture in my profile thus why I have a symbol rather than a real picture. Just one more goal to keep me motivated! :)
Welcome to the team, Bish!

Go ahead and slap that before picture up there - couldn't be any worse than mine:

Looking at that is continuing motivation to keep on track with my rowing :wink:
ROWSTRONG / RIDESTRONG

Just call me, "Wild Bill"

William H
2k Poster

Post by William H » November 28th, 2009, 3:05 pm

OK ... the Luna-Tics are now represented on the 100,000 metre Honor Board! :P

It's lonely over there, so let's get to it and row to that 100,000 metre level and give me some companionship on the Board.

Who will be the first Luna-Tic to make it to the 200,000 metre Honor Board? :wink:
ROWSTRONG / RIDESTRONG

Just call me, "Wild Bill"

kgallagher
2k Poster

Post by kgallagher » November 28th, 2009, 3:51 pm

bish wrote:I'm really amazed at how only a week of rowing, eating just a little less and getting to bed early has left me feeling great, filled with energy, and I'm already seeing a some weight loss. I had so much energy yesterday I actually cleaned my entire house after my workout LOL.
Welcome aboard Bish! I'm glad you are already seeing benefits. Keep up the good work!

big maq
500m Poster

Post by big maq » November 28th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Congrats to you Wild Bill, 14 million , way to go

Mitch J

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » November 28th, 2009, 5:56 pm

bish wrote:Thanks all for the kind welcomes! And for the progress encouragement :) It's great to be able to come here daily and check to see how everyone is doing and to see myself move up the chart as I row more meters!

-bish

Hi Bish

Good on you for taking the step to better health and fitness, the dividends on your investment are huge!
I must say that the support and information that the Concept rowing people provide is first class. Whether it be the online training guides, which are very comprehensive, rowing challenges, and of course that camaraderie that can be found through team membership.

Another warm day coming up in Sydney!

Cheers
BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

Dave_H
2k Poster

Post by Dave_H » November 28th, 2009, 6:06 pm

Hi All, and welcome to the team Bish!
Congrats to Wild Bill on yet another milestone! It is staggering that your lifetime is 14 mill, and you are heading for 8 mill this erging year! Massive numbers...
And well done to Tomo! PBs are what it is all about, and busting a 13 minute time by 2 minutes is amazing! B)

Cheers,
Dave

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » November 29th, 2009, 1:19 am

Hey All,

It's 12:10 AM and we just got back to Daytona. I was internet challenged the whole trip. Out in the wild Oregon country-side they say high speed inter-what? Anyway just wanted to let you know I'm. I did have a chance to row a few meters while away since JohnBoy has a model D in his rec room. I have already uploaded so I'm sure K2 will pick it up tomorrow.

To all new loons welcome, to all who had special days congrats and to all you guys and gals that smoked your chains while I was gone hooorah!!!

Watch out Bart I'm coming to get you.

danno

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 11.28.09

Post by Kona2 » November 29th, 2009, 1:39 pm

Image Holiday Challenge - get your name in lights !Image - we're ready to celebrate all accomplishments!
Image Honor Boards for 100K:
William H
Bart V

If you're just starting out on your 2010 rowing year, what a great time to begin! Your challenge pin awaits....and whether it ends up on a hat, in a drawer, on your gym bag....you'll know you've earned it by rowing 200K (or 50K if you're in the Kids Club)! For many years, the only rowing I did was the Holiday Challenge plus a few weeks prior and after...and it took FOREVER to reach that million meter mark. I was so excited that I bought a new rower, sure that my old rower must be worn out. Pretty funny to look back at that, but good to remember that we all start out with a few thousand meters a row....and they do add up!

So, if you're just joining the team for the challenge season, hoorah! We'll do our best to help you meet your personal milestones, and hope you'll join the year round crew on our lunar mission! Because the other part of the new rower at a million meters story is that once I signed on with the Luna-Tics, I started hitting million meter marks in months, not years.

We're a mere 340,059 m away from our 60 million meter team season mark! Can sure tell that everyone is rowing a bit more during the challenge!!

Season meters as of 212/365 = 59,659,941 m

Total meters on the day = 472,849 m

Oars in space (participation) = 32 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights....Celebrations:

6.5 MM William H aka Wild Bill
3.4 MM Dan
700K Kenneth G
50K Tomo

Image Wow! Ten half moons and some intercontinental rowing to celebrate!

ImageImageImage Three half marathons for Dan....who found a rower but was without an internet connection...welcome back!
Image Wild Bill earns a half moon with 32,805 m - and lands on the 100K Holiday Challenge Honor Board..some say he'll be first on the 200K for the team as well...
Image Karyn with 25,343 m posting earns a half moon!
Image K2...on a mission to keep up with crew member Mitch...rows 25,177 m for half marathon # 13 plus some
Image Laurie, definitely working some lunar voodoo magic, rows 25,000 m for a half moon
Image Bart rows 25,000 m for a half moon over Belgium
Image Chris rows half marathon # 140
Image Peter H rows half marathon # 33

TWO Million Meter Watch:

Darryl with (54,388 m) to go! Almost to the red zone!

ONE Million Meter Watch:

Gina with (112,375 m) to go!

Rick with (151,372 m) to go!

Mike C with (174,564 m) to go!

Image And thanks to today's crew for all the kinds of meters! Image

Tomo 2,273 m (9,595 m to the next milestone)
Bish 5,013 m
Debbie 6,292 m
Tony 6...7...8...9 Image :D
Noelle 8,102 m rowing right up the ranks!
Gina 9,110 m you go, girl!
Rick 10,000 m
Bill 10,021 m :shock:
Teresa 10,133 m.....just 6,821 more meters to a cool half million!
Dave 12,000 m
Ted 12,000 m
Chuck D 12,969 m
Darryl 14,440 m
Jim 15,013 m
Andrea 16,781 m ...Intercontinental rowing! Excellent!
Kenneth G 17,000 m
Baz 18,461 m
Peter H 21,097 m
Chris 21,097 m
Bart 25,000 m
Laurie 25,000 m
K2 25,177 m
Karyn 25,343 m
Wild Bill 32,805 m
Dan 100,933 m

Have a blue sky rowing day - wherever you row!