LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » June 20th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Welcome back Wild Bill!

And yeah, gotta be careful about that Kibatiella apocrypta, it's contagious...

Symptoms include leaf spotches and a strange urge to row in the middle of the night..

Happy rowing to everyone tomorrow (today)!

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » June 20th, 2009, 10:11 pm

Yay! Dave H just finished the Solstice row with a half marathon! (I wasn't stalking the honour boards...)

Dave_H
2k Poster

Post by Dave_H » June 20th, 2009, 10:25 pm

[edit] Sure you weren't Kiba! :lol: [/edit]
How long till you guys can start into it? Has anyone worked out if you start before midnight on the 20th and finish on the 21st if it counts?

Solstice metres are up, and a multiple occasion for me... cracked the 500k metres for the season and finally joined the 10,000 metres per day club... and if it isn't too late I would like to secure a copy of the Meandering Moose DVD to celebrate... sounds like great value and a nice way to see some local Duluth scenery! Might even help push my wife into considering a new way to holiday!

Congrats on the exact million meters Dan! B) B)

Cheers,
Dave

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » June 20th, 2009, 11:51 pm

I'm not going to start until after midnight (in 12 minutes), but by looking at the honours boards some people in California finished by about 7 pm local time on the 20th.. might just be something weird with the date on their monitors (or a flux in the space time continuum).

I've thought about testing out which day it counts the work out as if you start before midnight and end after, but then I always forget.

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » June 21st, 2009, 1:48 am

Dave_H wrote:[edit] Sure you weren't Kiba! :lol: [/edit]
How long till you guys can start into it? Has anyone worked out if you start before midnight on the 20th and finish on the 21st if it counts?

Solstice metres are up, and a multiple occasion for me... cracked the 500k metres for the season and finally joined the 10,000 metres per day club... and if it isn't too late I would like to secure a copy of the Meandering Moose DVD to celebrate... sounds like great value and a nice way to see some local Duluth scenery! Might even help push my wife into considering a new way to holiday!

Congrats on the exact million meters Dan! B) B)

Cheers,
Dave
Good work Dave.....BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » June 21st, 2009, 1:50 am

Kiba wrote:I'm not going to start until after midnight (in 12 minutes), but by looking at the honours boards some people in California finished by about 7 pm local time on the 20th.. might just be something weird with the date on their monitors (or a flux in the space time continuum).

I've thought about testing out which day it counts the work out as if you start before midnight and end after, but then I always forget.
Kiba...No wonder you've got so many metres already this season you don't go to bed! :)

Good luck over there.....
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » June 21st, 2009, 2:17 am

Kiba wrote:I'm not going to start until after midnight (in 12 minutes), but by looking at the honours boards some people in California finished by about 7 pm local time on the 20th.. might just be something weird with the date on their monitors (or a flux in the space time continuum).
It's 11:15 pm on Saturday (20th) and a couple of east coast people have just joined the AUS and NZL folks ... way to lead out, Dave and Bazzy! I'm guessing that the CA guy is traveling ... haven't noticed any recent space time continuum flux.

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » June 21st, 2009, 3:36 am

bed schmed... :P

So I was going to do a marathon... like, just for fun... I was about three quarters done, and I had to stop to stretch, so in the middle I was hitting some of the buttons on the side to change the view so the monitor wouldn't turn off. Then for some silly reason I hit the menu button :oops: .....

I might give it another effort later :P

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 6.20.09

Post by Kona2 » June 21st, 2009, 8:51 am

It's twin suns and a few half moons among the stars in our rowing universe! The Aussies have indeed led the way for the Luna-Tics and are among the 61 who have met the Summer Solstice (Winter for the Aussies) Challenge at the time of this post. Congratulations Dave and Bazzy!

Season meters as of 51/365 = 13,388,986 m

Total meters on the day = 187,900 m

Oars in space = 18 percent

MILESTONES....Bragging Rights....Celebrations:

1.1 MM Kiba (she who does not sleep...much)
800K Bazzy Image
500K Dave H Image
400K Mitch J

Image Half Marathon # 34 Image
ImageHalf Marathon # Lucky 13 - Dave H

ROWED THE DISTANCE:

Image Wild Bill returns with a bang! Or at least with a lotta meters! 67,000 m with 31,000 m on this date (I think)! Image
Image Bazzy with 28,621 m

And thanks to today's crew for all the kinds of meters:

William H 67,000 m
Bazzy 28,621 m
Dave 21,097 m
Chris 21,097 m
Kiba 20,000 m
Mitch J 14,003 m
Pat 6,014 m
Laurie Voodoogirl 5,068 m
Peter G 5,000 m

Well done!

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » June 21st, 2009, 10:50 am

Kiba wrote:bed schmed... :P

So I was going to do a marathon... like, just for fun... I was about three quarters done, and I had to stop to stretch, so in the middle I was hitting some of the buttons on the side to change the view so the monitor wouldn't turn off. Then for some silly reason I hit the menu button :oops: .....

I might give it another effort later :P
I have done that same thing more than once! I also have taken too long a break without pulling the chain, and lost my meters due to the shut-off feature (sure wish it was on a 10 minute timer).

Finally, I learned two things. #1 - never touch the monitor while in the act of rowing, and #2 - jot down the time and meters every time I stop for a break. At least that way I don't completely loose the meters, although when doing that I don't register the piece for any rankings if I did have to re-start.

And thanks for the reminder (again) to do extra good stretching, Wild Bill.

Keith suggested I watch Clash of the Titans, a football movie, while doing my Solstice row. I haven't seen it yet. So off to the rower I go!
☆~Kristine~☆

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Woohoo! Blaze on!

Post by Kona2 » June 21st, 2009, 12:01 pm

Suns starting to blaze everywhere!

Congratulations on meeting and mooning the Summer Solstice Challenge:

ImageImage Dan
ImageImage Ted CG
ImageImage Darryl

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » June 21st, 2009, 12:18 pm

Kristine Strasburger wrote:#2 - jot down the time and meters every time I stop for a break. At least that way I don't completely loose the meters, although when doing that I don't register the piece for any rankings if I did have to re-start.
I have the PM4 so even though I accidentally tunred it off it saves all my metres.. which is very handy.

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » June 21st, 2009, 1:13 pm

Kristine Strasburger wrote:And thanks for the reminder (again) to do extra good stretching, Wild Bill.
Yes, thanks to everyone for all the good input on knee discomfort. I pulled some "knee strenghtening stretches" off the internet and did them before and after the HM last night. My knee feels quite fine today ... however, my back muscles hurt now from the new stretching! (Whine, whine, whinge.) I'm also now wearing shoes to row, which definitely changes things for the better. (My attempted "squats" were pretty pathetic ... hadn't realized how inflexible my knees have become.)
Kristine Strasburger wrote:Keith suggested I watch Clash of the Titans, a football movie, while doing my Solstice row. I haven't seen it yet. So off to the rower I go!
I'm thinking that you're watching "Remember the Titans" (seeing you mentioned football and not Medusa) ... I like that movie, too ... maybe I'll join you in some feel-good sports viewing today. (I watched "Marley and Me" yesterday ... took 5 minutes of valuable HM time, fumbling with Kleenex.)

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » June 21st, 2009, 6:33 pm

Oh no! It's father's day, and I completely forgot... I even asked my dad to buy me a pizza :oops:

I just made him a little card.. I'm not sure if it's enough.

This should be called the summer solsitce "father's day edition"

Happy father's day to all the dad's out there :)

DuluthMoose
5k Poster

Post by DuluthMoose » June 21st, 2009, 7:04 pm

Dave_H wrote:... and if it isn't too late I would like to secure a copy of the Meandering Moose DVD to celebrate... sounds like great value and a nice way to see some local Duluth scenery! Might even help push my wife into considering a new way to holiday!
It's not too late Dave. Although if your payment doesn't get to me by Monday (June 29) there will be a delay in me sending off the DVD. I will be heading up to Atikokan, Ontario very early on June 30 and will be out of touch (in the bush) until July 5 while I am experiencing a voyageur's life paddling a big canoe for a few days. Then on July 9 I head back into the Ontario wilderness on my own 9 day canoe trip. So I would encourage you (and everyone else) to send me their payment ASAP rather than later because of my upcoming schedule. Moose