Virtual Team Rowing Challenge – January 2006

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] rhorva@hotmail.com

Women's Forum

Post by [old] rhorva@hotmail.com » January 31st, 2006, 10:10 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-woolsmith+Jan 30 2006, 02:26 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(woolsmith @ Jan 30 2006, 02:26 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey Rubber Ducky!  I hope you're feeling better soon.  <br /><br />And Schenley, nice job on hitting your goals!  AND getting those boys rowing.    I'm still working on Bob.  I can't believe he only rowed that one day.  <br /><br />I'm sure glad I'm finally over that rotten cold that I had.  At least I got over it enough that I'll break that 200K mark tomorrow that I was shooting for.  I really didn't think I was going to do it, given how rotten I was feeling a couple of weeks ago.  I missed rowing 3-4 days in a row twice.  <br /><br />Today I did over 22k today in 2 sessions.  That's a big day for me.  I usually shoot for about 45 mins and get 8-8.5k.  I do most of my "hard" work during the first 30 mins.  Tomorrow, I only have to do 4,500 meters to hit my goal, which is a good thing because Tuesday I won't be able to row.  I'll be at my out-of-town clinic for a lonnnnng day.  But who knows, maybe I'll feel like playing that Fish Game a tad after I get home.  Geesh, I love that thing.  <br /><br />After this JVTC, I plan to use some other exercise equipment we've got around here besides the rower, just to work some different muscles.  But, another 600k, and I'll have my second million meters done!  And at this time last year, I didn't even know C2 existed!  <br /><br />Anyway, it's been a treat to be a part of Fowl Play and DIAR for the JVTC with y'all!<br /><br />--Jen, proud to be a Duck and a Fowl Player  <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks for the good thoughts.. yes, the nasty cold totally cleared my body in one week, which I attribute to a STRONG AEROBIC SYSTEM DUE TO ROWING, as many of my co-workers are still hacking and coughing, and I'm back at the oars. Jen, you rock and roll with those meters!! Can you belive how STRONG the Ducks finished up this challenge, I am SO PROUD of everyone. QUACK QUACK QUACK!<br />

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » January 31st, 2006, 10:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-jcmatthews+Jan 31 2006, 07:51 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(jcmatthews @ Jan 31 2006, 07:51 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->ARRGGG!!!<br />I hoped to have the chance for one last  row this evening to boost the January total at the end, and instead I'm sitting in my office waiting for a baby to be born.<br /><br /> Congratulations to all of you on a great month of rowing! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Well, I gotta say, I think your priorities are in the right order! The mom probably agrees, too. Hee!Hee! What a life, hey? Oh well, this way you can get caught up on dictation and sign charts to keep the QA people off your case. <br /><br />Every little bit adds up, and I think Fowl Players did pretty well as a team. The world needs Storks like you!<br /><br />Don't worry, there will be more C2 challenges...and babies! <br /><br />--Jen

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » January 31st, 2006, 10:28 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-rhorva@hotmail.com+Jan 31 2006, 10:10 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(rhorva@hotmail.com @ Jan 31 2006, 10:10 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br /><br />Thanks for the good thoughts.. yes, the nasty cold totally cleared my body in one week, which I attribute to a STRONG AEROBIC SYSTEM DUE TO ROWING, as many of my co-workers are still hacking and coughing, and I'm back at the oars. Jen, you rock and roll with those meters!! Can you belive how STRONG the Ducks finished up this challenge, I am SO PROUD of everyone. QUACK QUACK QUACK! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hey Rubber Ducky!<br /><br />Yeah, this cold I had was my first in two years, and it didn't get nearly as bad head-wise. It didn't go into a nasty case of bronchitis like it usually does, either. Gotta be like you said, because being more fit has made my immune system into one that kicks tailfeathers. <br /><br />Ducks and Adopted Ducks have done great in the JVTC. Some of the meters that folks have cranked out have just amazed me! I'm proud of everyone, too. <br /><br />WELL DONE, FOWL PLAYERS AND DUCKS!<br /><br />--Jen in WI

[old] MomofJBN

Women's Forum

Post by [old] MomofJBN » January 31st, 2006, 11:39 pm

Well, my month is ending with more of a whimper than a bang. Yesterday was a non-erg work-out. Today I really thought I would erg, but real life got in the way. Of course, I don't have as good an excuse as the stork Doc. (Well, some of my day was chasing after/driving around those things the stork brought. )<br /><br />However, I'not going anywhere and should be back on the erg tomorrow.<br /><br />Schenley