Increasing Speed/Heart Rate

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
jliddil
6k Poster

Post by jliddil » February 7th, 2008, 4:35 pm

Thanks. You are absolutely right. You get a prize. I've now read about the physics of an erg and watts. I do have the second tendency as I assumed high turn over is what it takes. Instead I now realize (doh) wattage is what I should look at. And I looked at my average watss and it is around 135. In my mind I was thinking that it was simply a matter of how fast the flywheel turned. So if I pulled back and returned sooner the wheel would turn faster. I failed to read a bit first and look at the power part of the equation. You have all helped me a great deal.

And thanks I did see the UK site is dwon but will look later.

Nosmo
10k Poster

Post by Nosmo » February 7th, 2008, 5:44 pm

if you can video tape yourself and post it on U tube, you will get a lot of help from people here.
Your technique undoubtedly could use a lot of improvement. Improving technique is the fastest way to improve your times. I've been rowing for years and yesterday my wife pointed out that I was doing something wrong (I was rotating my pelvis a bit too much at the finish and not staying toward the front of my sit bones.)