Rowing Shorts

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
igoeja
2k Poster

Privates Kept Private

Post by igoeja » November 22nd, 2007, 8:27 pm

It's not that my wife minds, in fact she thinks I'm quite handsome in my athletic gear, tights and all, she just doesn't want other women to see...

I don't think that it's related to any general decline, in fact she's always been that way. She prefers I keep my privates private.

Mike_AU
Paddler

Post by Mike_AU » January 2nd, 2008, 9:33 pm

I've rowed in athletic tights since I started a couple of years ago now, but have become bothered by occasional snags 'down there' While rowing, it's hard to tell if it's a hair or fold of skin that catches, but it gets annoying...

I've added a jockstrap to the lineup. No problems so far, but haven't done anything over 10k at a stretch. Solved the snagging issues. Modesty aside, I wonder if a combination tight/jockstrap garment would not be a good idea for rowers (well, male rowers anyway)

Mike

ChrisH
500m Poster

Post by ChrisH » January 3rd, 2008, 8:35 am

I use rowing shorts (trou) from JL Racing. They do what you need them to do, regarding comfort. :wink: The C2 shorts work well also.IMHO

http://www.jlracing.com/page.php?page=index[url]

Chris
MH 54 5'8'' 190lbs.

abbadavis
Paddler

Re: Rowing Shorts

Post by abbadavis » June 8th, 2010, 1:02 am

I like to do cycling very much and that is why I have a nice collection of shorts. I have four to five pairs of rowing shorts and I feel comfortable in that shorts. Cycling shorts have evolved over the years to be comfortable on short and long rides for good reason.

Carl Watts
Marathon Poster

Post by Carl Watts » June 8th, 2010, 2:54 am

Still wearing Lycra here at age 43 ! :D

And you thought cycling was the only sport that gave you the good excuse to wear it !

Always liked it, like rowing naked only you don't scare the neighbours quite as much !
Carl Watts.
Concept 2 Monitor Service Technician & indoor rower.
http://log.concept2.com/profile/863525/log

joe80
2k Poster

Post by joe80 » June 8th, 2010, 5:23 am

I rowed one million metres in a week during April this year wearing the same pair of RS/C2 joint-branded ergo shorts commando style. Just rinsed them in warm water last thing at night and they were dry and ready for the next day's effort.

A folded towel was the only cushioning I used. The bottom felt a bit bruised and beat up by the end of the week but there were no lacerations or blisters.

Regards,

Joe

korkiley
Paddler

Post by korkiley » September 6th, 2013, 3:08 pm

One million meters in a week! Man, some of you guys are really nuts! I'm not criticizing. I'm just envious. I've only done over 100k/week in 2008 while training for a C2 marathon. That was hard enough.

But to return to the subject of what to wear under rowing shorts (I have both spandex and cotton from C2). I didn't try anything underneath until recently but have had problems due to underwear wrinkles and seams. The reason that I felt I needed something is because I usually have to reach down and adjust my equipment several times during a row, due to strangulation. I guess I could try a jock strap but that reminds me too much of high school : )