Why Row Strapless?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] ranger

Training

Post by [old] ranger » June 28th, 2004, 4:20 am

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> </td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think this means that the back portion of the stroke happens earlier (in the middle) and not at the end. My subjective experience was that my stroke "moved up"; meaning I was working harder at the begining of the stroke and working less hard at the end. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br><br>You are right about the sequencing of levers (legs, back, arms) that strapless rowing enforces. And, yes, effort with the back is centered in this sequencing. The back is used in the middle of the drive, not at the catch or at the finish. <br><br>For me, this doesn't at all diminish the effort at the finish with the arms, however. Strapless rowing has also given my stroke a stronger and longer finish, perhaps because of a more isolated use of the arms, firmer connection to my heels on the footplace, and faster hands. <br><br>ranger