Height of Model D when parked upright

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
jackarabit
Marathon Poster

Re: Height of Model D when parked upright

Post by jackarabit » March 21st, 2019, 12:50 pm

Allan Olesen wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 3:58 am
jackarabit wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 7:42 pm
You’re welcome S1. Didn’t waste time currying favor! 2nd post and he’s running Carl’s entire post thru some sort of synonym-izer which changes a few nouns only and bouncing it back to the thread with an advert for his alma mater. Weird.
When I read that post, I wondered if he had run it twice through Google Translate. Can give funny results sometimes.
That’s my wife’s thought also. No weight given to context: test dance for test jig. I would have said test fixture or test bed.
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_77_5'-7"_156lb

JPFreire
Paddler

Post by JPFreire » July 2nd, 2020, 2:57 pm

Saw this thread and though I'd chime in: I too live in a small apartment and just got a Model C. I don't think separating the parts is as tough as some suggest, though certain I've found it easier on Model D's!

That said, I wonder: Is anyone aware of after-market legs that fold upward but secure when in use? Or easily snapped on or snapped off legs? I ask because the legs take up a surprising amount of space on top of what's already necessary for the machine.

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » July 2nd, 2020, 3:28 pm

JPFreire wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 2:57 pm
That said, I wonder: Is anyone aware of after-market legs that fold upward but secure when in use? Or easily snapped on or snapped off legs? I ask because the legs take up a surprising amount of space on top of what's already necessary for the machine.
Nothing like that exists as the legs are an integral part of keeping the frame rigid.

JPFreire
Paddler

Post by JPFreire » July 21st, 2020, 2:54 am

Thanks Citroen! I spent an evening drawing sketches of what such a system could be like, but nothing beats friction quite like a fastener and a bolt. Yet the principles underpinning the cam lock could easily be duplicated for the legs under the flywheel. I’m just surprised it’s not something people sAught to do to more easily store the thing!