Cross Training?!

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] CAROLE MAC

Women's Forum

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » April 12th, 2005, 12:21 pm

Avid it will get better that's what I am telling myself just looked at my training log and I haven't rowed with two legs properly since xmas day!!!! today i did and it was hard work but I did what I set out to do and that was to get on the erg and finish what I had planned even if it was slow .... <br /><br />My only other training is also walking pups ..... again not done much of that (I have two german shepherds ..Ted and BOO aged 9 n 7)....

[old] sandikeenan

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sandikeenan » April 12th, 2005, 6:14 pm

Hi All, I'm just new to the forum and have only been rowing since early March. I started rowing when I hurt my achilles and couldn't jog. My trainer at the gym suggested rowing. I joined the gym to lose weight and basically get fitter to enjoy tramping (Hiking and hill walking to most of you guys I think). I do weight training 3 times a week and now rowing 3 times a week. I row for about 30min. I also do some other cardio as well mainly jogging and biking. Both in the gym and outdoor. I live in a big playground too, Christchurch New Zealand, and am close to so many outdoor activities. The mountains and the sea are all close by.

[old] Avid Napper

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Avid Napper » April 15th, 2005, 11:29 am

Thanks for the support, dear ducks! <br /><br />It's true, between the cold and having the "stuffing" knocked out of me, I should expect a little less pep, but there's part of me (Miss Stoic or Miss Impatience, who can tell?) who thinks I should be back to normal already. (Common sense? Whazzat?!)<br /><br />And many thanks to the member from New Zealand for the clarification re "tramping"--I did tramping American-style in my 20s, but it had nothing to do with healthy exercise, I'm oh-so-very-sorry to report.... <br /><br />All good,<br />Avid Napper<br />Ducks In a Row

[old] Cran

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Cran » April 15th, 2005, 11:42 am

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Rowing is a sport for dreamers </td></tr></table><br />Not when you get up at 5am to go rowing it aint!