LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Restless
1k Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Restless » May 9th, 2012, 10:20 am

bg wrote:
rosita wrote:Hola, just came home a little while ago. We had fun and it was a great trip. The altitude had lots of effect on us. Started each morning with a 20k run, then ran most of the day playing games. Lost about 4 kgs.
The weather was beautiful and our hosts were so friendly and helpful. Think I will sleep for 2 days , so tired :)
Glad we had the chance to do this.
Thanks for all the good wishes and thoughts.
Rosi
welcome back....sounds like a great adventure......
I'd like to add my welcome back as well :)

-Rebecca
Life is not about learning to survive the storm, but rather learning to dance in the rain.

Restless
1k Poster

Re: All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 5.7.12

Post by Restless » May 9th, 2012, 10:29 am

Kona2 wrote: Rebecca 9,900 m ... and numeric order is restored to her world of meter totals ending in 000 :D
I do have to admit that it drive me a little nuts when it isn't. A bit strange I know but I just go with it :)

Would also like to welcome Jay R. to the team, and welcome back Steven D.

Congrats out to everyone with the HM's and FM's completed so far :!:

-Rebecca
Life is not about learning to survive the storm, but rather learning to dance in the rain.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » May 9th, 2012, 11:14 am

Hooboy! More new and returning teammates ready to head for the moon! Welcome to Hannah, and welcome back to Jessica, Tim P, Mike M, and Lilia! Our rowing journey is a long one, made much easier when the journey is shared.

Milestones are clicking away - and we've got some additional half marathons to add to the Global Marathon Challenge Honor Board.

Image Congratulations, Ronnie !
Image Congratulations, Marie !

Image Congratulations, Elton !

Season meters as of 8/365 = 3,472,563 m

Total meters on the day = 463,278 m

Oars in space (participation) = 65 percent! Whoop, whoop!

MILESTONES..Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

150 K Cathie
100 K Danno
100 K Baz
100 K Ronnie - with a fine HM
50 K Marie - also with a fine HM
50 K Rivka
50 K Sam
50 K Paul S
50 K Elton - with a fine HM

Thanks to all who rowed today!

Steven D 832 m
Bobbie ImageImageImageImage m :D
Gene H 1,200 m
Lily 1,315 m
Denny 1,525 m
Sunny 2,018 m
Marty 3,000 m
Jim ImageImageImageImage m :D
Zander 3,500 m
Ntaliya 3,565 m
Tony ImageImageImageImage m :D (78910)
Scott 3,700 m
Jay R 3,722 m
Lilia 4,000 m
Sam 4,850 m
Hannah 5,000 m
Paul B 5,000 m
Dana 5,365 m
Brian 5,500 m
Diana 5,500 m
K2 6,124 m
Harold 6,220 m
Mike M 6,254 m
Peter G 6,510 m
Anita ImageImageImageImage m reads the same back to front :D
Rivka 7,000 m
Christa 7,005 m
Jane ImageImageImageImage m :D
Danno 10,000 m
Ed 10,000 m
Mike C 10,000 m
Paul S 10,000 m
Peter H 10,000 m
Tim P 10,000 m
Ross 10,523 m
Greg C 10,883 m
Wim 12,000 m
Bernie 12,008 m
Rich M 12,358 m
Greg H 12,501 m
Bruce 13,469 m
Cathie 14,000 m
Jay K 14,000 m
Baz 15,000 m
Jessica 17,360 m
Marie 21,097 m
Ronnie 21,097 m
bg 22,139 m
Michelle 23,597 m
Ted 24,000 m
Elton 25,197 m wowzer...

Passing the baton to Ron for a few days...with huge THANKS! It's the annual golfing trek to Mesquite, NV...I hear it's kind of toasty warm there. Have to say that rowing compliments most other sports activities - it is much easier to walk the courses, and bike the miles when I've been rowing more.

Drivetofast
6k Poster

Post by Drivetofast » May 9th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Oh thats right this is your off weekend.

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » May 9th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Passing the baton to Ron for a few days...with huge THANKS! It's the annual golfing trek to Mesquite, NV...I hear it's kind of toasty warm there. Have to say that rowing compliments most other sports activities - it is much easier to walk the courses, and bike the miles when I've been rowing more.
enjoy and thanks for doing the stats,ron..and ouch...sending healing thoughts....and once again, welcome and welcome back to all the new and returning folks...and congrats to ll you folks rowing halves and fulls...

Edscapade
2k Poster

Post by Edscapade » May 9th, 2012, 10:02 pm

macbruce1 wrote:Well I made it back from the "war" unscathed, but injured myself in my own driveway :(
It was raining heavily yesterday and as I was running down the driveway with my dog I slipped and fell, landing heavily on my left shoulder. I have a very sore shoulder and some bruised ribs-it only hurts when I breath :lol:
So I few more days until I get back on the C2 :x
Ron
Hope you heal fast - never fun when you breath and it hurts! don't over do it. Relax and let it mend.

Ed

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » May 10th, 2012, 1:37 pm

Ron

Thanks.

danno

brotherjim
10k Poster

Post by brotherjim » May 11th, 2012, 10:40 am

Great job as always on the stats Ron. You do a super job when Kona goes off to play.

I hate to be a bother, but I am raising some money for Active Heroes and fallen ones also. I think this is the link
http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise?fcid=198772 . If you want or can, please donate a few dollars. Michelle is a wounded vet on our team, and I have lost 1 nephew, and 4 former students the past 8 years. Also, remember Ray who lost his life in a training accident . thanks team, sorry to be a pest
jim

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » May 12th, 2012, 11:06 am

Following K2s excellent example I went down a rabbit hole this AM and ran across this this video of a soccer player named Rivaldo scoring one of the most amazing goals ever. Thoght you might like to take a peak.

http://www.dump.com/rivaldovs/

danno

PS this is for Rosi

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » May 15th, 2012, 4:18 am

welcome to all the new and returning folks and bye to michelle....please stop by to visit......and woooo hoooo to the folks who rowed 1/2s and wholes....

Drivetofast
6k Poster

Post by Drivetofast » May 15th, 2012, 11:07 am

Well the rest of us will just have to row more meters.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » May 15th, 2012, 11:37 am

macbruce1 wrote:ImageSadly, today, we bid farewell to Elton, Rivka and Harold. Sorry to see you leave, but I wish you the best of luck on the OD team.
Ron
Overcoming Disabilities is a team that is united by a very inspirational and important message. We may each row in some degree of isolation, but we seem to row better when we belong to a team where we can encourage and support (and understand) each other - and where we feel accepted and can make contributions. Many people have rowed as Luna-Tics (and I am fond of saying that once a Luna-Tic, you're always a Luna-Tic), and some have touched our team "hearts" more than others. The Luna-Tics team has one oar in the Overcoming Disabilities team waters and one in the Luna-Tics waters, and this has been true for a couple of years now. I'm sorry to see teammates leave. It is easier to understand (I do worry about the "why did they leave" sometimes) when I view it as not leaving us, but rejoining Overcoming Disabilities.

Our team door is open for entry - and for departure. There aren't limits on how many times a rower can enter or leave. Whether we are a temporary way station or a longer term "home", I truly hope that we create an atmosphere that is welcoming, supportive, encouraging - and inspirational in its own way (with an occasional bunny trail and goofiness) that helps rowers in our universe achieve their goals. Good luck and good rowing to all.

rosita
500m Poster

Post by rosita » May 15th, 2012, 12:47 pm

That is so beautifully written Jan :) It brings tears to my eyes rereading it. Thank you so much
Rosi

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » May 15th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Kona2 wrote:
macbruce1 wrote:ImageSadly, today, we bid farewell to Elton, Rivka and Harold. Sorry to see you leave, but I wish you the best of luck on the OD team.
Ron
Overcoming Disabilities is a team that is united by a very inspirational and important message. We may each row in some degree of isolation, but we seem to row better when we belong to a team where we can encourage and support (and understand) each other - and where we feel accepted and can make contributions. Many people have rowed as Luna-Tics (and I am fond of saying that once a Luna-Tic, you're always a Luna-Tic), and some have touched our team "hearts" more than others. The Luna-Tics team has one oar in the Overcoming Disabilities team waters and one in the Luna-Tics waters, and this has been true for a couple of years now. I'm sorry to see teammates leave. It is easier to understand (I do worry about the "why did they leave" sometimes) when I view it as not leaving us, but rejoining Overcoming Disabilities.

Our team door is open for entry - and for departure. There aren't limits on how many times a rower can enter or leave. Whether we are a temporary way station or a longer term "home", I truly hope that we create an atmosphere that is welcoming, supportive, encouraging - and inspirational in its own way (with an occasional bunny trail and goofiness) that helps rowers in our universe achieve their goals. Good luck and good rowing to all.

very well said k2....

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » May 15th, 2012, 1:34 pm

rosita wrote:That is so beautifully written Jan :) It brings tears to my eyes rereading it. Thank you so much
Rosi
And I say thank you to you as well!

AND, I also want to say WELL DONE and continued thanks to Ron for his excellent support and stats during my time away. I tell Ron that he is being far too humble when he says things like "prepare to be underwhelmed". I mean really, Ron! Everyone is unique in their approach and I know I like to hear different "voices" on the forum. The way you integrate history into real time is unique to you. Your congratulatory messages (Magnificent, Marie! comes to mind) are very fun. I'll have to think of a complimentary R word to go with Ron (Rad Ron?)....help me, Minnie!

Rats - and now I'm headed down a bunny trail. Perhaps for most (although there might be more than a few guys who have enjoyed the movie), The Princess Bride is considered a chick flick. When Ron wrote "prepare....etc", my mind just hopped to the PB movie character Inigo Montoya...and his quest for vengeance with the quote: "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." I love that movie. It is so goofy.