Team Row Pain, Row Gain

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] RockinRobin

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] RockinRobin » July 4th, 2005, 3:03 pm

Mary, sorry to hear about your water leaks! That's definately the time not to row...we don't want your erg to sink! I feel much better today and if my nose will stop dripping long enough, I would get on and row a few....<br /><br />...anybody know a good way to row with one hand so I can hold my box of tissues???

[old] Citroen

Post by [old] Citroen » July 4th, 2005, 3:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-artmom5+Jul 4 2005, 06:09 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(artmom5 @ Jul 4 2005, 06:09 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> we had water pipe(s) (yes plural} leaking issues at our house! The joys of home ownership! Hope you fell better.<br />Mary<br />To all us US rowers<br /><span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Happy July <span style='color:red'>4th</span>!</span></span></span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You should have just opened the faucets (taps on my side of the pond), that way you could try the delights of on-water rowing without needing to leave your house.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Trouble is it may have dampened your fireworks for tonight.<br /><br />Happy 4th. [May you have all the tea you need in your local harbour.]

[old] jal183

Post by [old] jal183 » July 4th, 2005, 4:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-RockinRobin+Jul 4 2005, 02:03 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(RockinRobin @ Jul 4 2005, 02:03 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Mary, sorry to hear about your water leaks!  That's definately the time not to row...we don't want your erg to sink!  I feel much better today and if my nose will stop dripping long enough, I would get on and row a few....<br /><br />...anybody know a good way to row with one hand so I can hold my box of tissues???  <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Had a biology teacher who claimed that you would heal faster if you did a LIGHT workout than if you did no workout at all. <br /><br />Of course, he was also a coach, so he may have just been trying to keep swimteam members from calling in sick. <br /><br />Get well!

[old] jal183

Post by [old] jal183 » July 4th, 2005, 4:54 pm

Had a liberating experience today. After 3 days of rowing, I've finally taken the time to row most of the distances so I have a personal time for each. My thought was, this would help me see progress, hence motivation... you get the drift.<br /><br />Well the liberating experience was the fact that my rankings were SO low that I almost have nowhere to go but up. In one distance, the system tells me that that my ranked standing is such that 100% of the people are faster. LOL How can I get worse than that?! <br /><br />(Don't you DARE point out that new people are always adding times and that I will, de facto, continue to move DOWN the list unless I improve )

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » July 4th, 2005, 5:21 pm

Apologies for absence - mixture of travel, and then catching a stomach bug. <br /><br />Hope to start contributing some metres later this week, and help to marmalise the Netherlanders.

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » July 5th, 2005, 12:54 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-jal183+Jul 4 2005, 04:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(jal183 @ Jul 4 2005, 04:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Had a liberating experience today.  After 3 days of rowing, I've finally taken the time to row most of the distances so I have a personal time for each.  My thought was, this would help me see progress, hence motivation... you get the drift.<br /><br />Well the liberating experience was the fact that my rankings were SO low that I almost have nowhere to go but up.  In one distance, the system tells me that that my ranked standing is such that 100% of the people are faster.  LOL  How can I get worse than that?!      <br /><br />(Don't you DARE point out that new people are always adding times and that I will, de facto, continue to move DOWN the list unless I improve    ) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> If it makes you fell any better, I've been rowing a month and still have two distances at 100%. I look at Personal Best times, forget about comparing until you have at least of month of meters logged. Also look at Xeno he has a video of his stroke I just shaved almost a minute off my 5K by changing my stroke.<br />Good Luck and take it one row at a time and remember the meters are cummulative, calories expended, that's what counts!<br />Mary

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » July 5th, 2005, 1:00 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-SpaCityBulldog+Jul 3 2005, 11:53 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SpaCityBulldog @ Jul 3 2005, 11:53 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I found some pictures of Xeno showing his stroke at the following links:<br /><br /><a href='http://www.invernessrowingclub.co.uk/pe ... o_erg.html' target='_blank'>On the C2</a><br /><br /><a href='http://www.invernessrowingclub.co.uk/pe ... water.html' target='_blank'>On the Water</a><br /><br />You will need to click on the arrows to advance the pictures a frame at a time. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Thanks for the link Kevin,<br />I got a PB for the 5k by changing my stroke! Was wondering how to get a lower SPM now I can see how to do it!<br />Thanks again<br />Mary<br />

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » July 5th, 2005, 1:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jul 4 2005, 05:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jul 4 2005, 05:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Apologies for absence - mixture of travel, and then catching a stomach bug. <br /><br />Hope to start contributing some metres later this week, and help to marmalise the Netherlanders. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> No apologies needed. we're holding our own in the top ten spot, get better, seems we have a lot of teammates under the weather this past week. GET YOUR REST and hope YOU ALL FEEL BETTER SOON! <br />Take care<br />Mary

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » July 5th, 2005, 1:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-RockinRobin+Jul 4 2005, 03:03 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(RockinRobin @ Jul 4 2005, 03:03 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Mary, sorry to hear about your water leaks!  That's definately the time not to row...we don't want your erg to sink!  I feel much better today and if my nose will stop dripping long enough, I would get on and row a few....<br /><br />...anybody know a good way to row with one hand so I can hold my box of tissues???  <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> Row SLOWLY,<br />Gives me a chance to pass you BY! Come row quick if you want the mustard, do you see me waving it as I pass you by(for this morning at least, let me gloat at least till lunchtime!) <br />Mary<br />

[old] SeaRay

Post by [old] SeaRay » July 5th, 2005, 4:41 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+May 18 2005, 06:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ May 18 2005, 06:15 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:green'>Thanks to Specialt, we now have a virtual team for people who have taken up rowing in an effort to lose or maintain weight. I'm starting this new topic so that people coming into the forum section can find us easily.<br /><br />We're here to offer support and help each other achieve our goals. If you'd like to join the team, go to your online training log, choose Profile > Edit Profile and choose Row Pain, Row Gain from the pull down menu under the College/University Affiliation section.<br /><br />Feel free to introduce yourself, ask questions, share information about your latest workouts, etc.</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] SeaRay

Post by [old] SeaRay » July 5th, 2005, 4:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 8 2005, 03:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 8 2005, 03:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:green'>Hey, Team,<br /><br />We've got our 21st member and are now in 12th place! Welcome William Haag.<br /><br />I notice only two of us have pictures posted. How about the rest of you e-mailing pics in? Hmm?</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Just joined! hope to contribute the meters, and hope to lose a meter! where can I get a workout plan that will start me on the right path?<br /><br />regards,<br /><br />Ray

[old] Godfried

Post by [old] Godfried » July 5th, 2005, 6:07 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-SeaRay+Jul 5 2005, 10:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SeaRay @ Jul 5 2005, 10:49 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Just joined!  hope to contribute the meters, and hope to lose a meter!  where can I get a workout plan that will start me on the right path?<br /><br />regards,<br /><br />Ray <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Look at this <a href='http://www.concept2.co.uk/weightloss/interactive.php' target='_blank'>for weight loss</a> or this <a href='http://www.concept2.co.uk/guide/' target='_blank'>for training</a>

[old] SpaCityBulldog

Post by [old] SpaCityBulldog » July 5th, 2005, 6:42 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Just joined! hope to contribute the meters, and hope to lose a meter! where can I get a workout plan that will start me on the right path?<br /><br />regards,<br /><br />Ray </td></tr></table><br /><br />Welcome to the boat, Ray. Glad to have you with us.<br /><br />Kevin

[old] RockinRobin

Post by [old] RockinRobin » July 5th, 2005, 7:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-artmom5+Jul 5 2005, 12:19 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(artmom5 @ Jul 5 2005, 12:19 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Row SLOWLY,<br />Gives me a chance to pass you BY! Come row quick if you want the mustard, do you see me waving it as I pass you by(for this morning at least, let me gloat at least till lunchtime!) <br />Mary<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mary, did you know you have a sign on the back of your erg? It reads....If you can read this, your rowing too slow! <br /><br />I'll let you gloat for now, but not for long. I need the grey poupon for my sandwich for lunch....lol<br /><br />Robin<br /><br />

[old] SpaCityBulldog

Post by [old] SpaCityBulldog » July 5th, 2005, 8:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm blown away by the people on this team who get on for 10k in the am and 10k in the pm. Seriously. Are you machines?  I thought I was joining a group of people looking to lose some weight, not train for the Ironman. </td></tr></table><br /><br />If you really want to see a machine take a look at Dwayne K. Adams on <a href='http://concept2.com/sranking03/challeng ... aff+Attack"' target='_blank'>Taff Attack</a>. He's got over 3.1 million meters this season already.. He averages more than a marathon a day.