Team Row Pain, Row Gain

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] NurseBobbi

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 21st, 2005, 6:16 am

<span style='color:green'>Welcome, Martha! We're happy to have you. It's good that you row consistently. The meters add up that way.<br /><br />Also welcome to new members Thomas, Steve B. and Jenny.<br /><br />Congrats to Seth for reaching over 500K for the season.<br /><br />Mike & Mary--I'm seeing the same thing in terms of the scales. First I gained a couple of pounds, then I lost part of it, but basically there's been no big change in weight. What I DO see is a change in the way my clothes fit and the way I feel. I know it's working and will take time. I still need to monitor my weight, though, because my arthritis medication can cause fluid retention. I need to watch out for sudden weight gain. I wish I could throw the scale into the trash, but at least it doesn't really bother me now.</span>

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 21st, 2005, 11:40 am

<span style='color:green'>Robin is truly Rockin' today! Congrats to her for being the first on RPRG to appear on the Summer Solstice Challenge honor board. She rowed over 24K!!!!<br /><br />I decided to set the PM3 for 21097 meters....just in case. Much to my amazement, I did it! It's probably the slowest half marathon in the history of indoor rowing, but I did it. <br /><br />Good luck to everyone else attempting the challenge. I see Kris is well on her way. Everyone report back here.</span>

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » June 21st, 2005, 12:35 pm

"I decided to set the PM3 for 21097 meters....just in case. Much to my amazement, I did it! It's probably the slowest half marathon in the history of indoor rowing, but I did it. "<br /><br />Well done Bobbi. You're an inspiration. And I see we've regained that 10th place. Off to do my bit (butt) now.

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 21st, 2005, 12:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 21 2005, 11:40 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 21 2005, 11:40 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:green'>Robin is truly Rockin' today! Congrats to her for being the first on RPRG to appear on the Summer Solstice Challenge honor board. She rowed over 24K!!!!<br /><br />I decided to set the PM3 for 21097 meters....just in case. Much to my amazement, I did it!    It's probably the slowest half marathon in the history of indoor rowing, but I did it. <br /><br />Good luck to everyone else attempting the challenge. I see Kris is well on her way. Everyone report back here.</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br />No Bobbi, mine is the slowest! I started an hour before I usually go to the health club so it wouldn't be as crowded and gave myself another hour so I finished in 2 1/2hours, YAHOO! Not sore just very tired. I have a feeling I will be sore tomorrow. Congrats to all I see many got it over early. I knew if I had to come back to the gym again there was no way I would have. Did you notice we did pass the Dutch Team! (for now). <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>9th PLACE!</span></span><br />GREAT JOB TO ALL!<br />Mary

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 21st, 2005, 12:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 21 2005, 06:16 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 21 2005, 06:16 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:green'>Welcome, Martha! We're happy to have you. It's good that you row consistently. The meters add up that way.<br /><br />Also welcome to new members Thomas, Steve B. and Jenny.<br /><br />Congrats to Seth for reaching over 500K for the season.<br /><br />Mike & Mary--I'm seeing the same thing in terms of the scales. First I gained a couple of pounds, then I lost part of it, but basically there's been no big change in weight. What I DO see is a change in the way my clothes fit and the way I feel. I know it's working and will take time. I still need to monitor my weight, though, because my arthritis medication can cause fluid retention. I need to watch out for sudden weight gain. I wish I could throw the scale into the trash, but at least it doesn't really bother me now.</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ditto Bobbie,<br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Welcome Martha, Tom, Steve and Jenny</span></span>We might not be the fastest, slimmest or youngest but this team is the most knowledgeable and encouraging team! Go Team Row Pain, Row Gain!<br />Mary

[old] eieiodin

Post by [old] eieiodin » June 21st, 2005, 1:37 pm

Great work guys! I'm doing mine in pieces....but, I'll get there.<br /><br />Seth

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 21st, 2005, 2:10 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-artmom5+Jun 21 2005, 12:43 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(artmom5 @ Jun 21 2005, 12:43 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No Bobbi, mine is the slowest! I started an hour before I usually go to the health club so it wouldn't be as crowded and gave myself another hour so I finished in 2 1/2hours, YAHOO! Not sore just very tired. I have a feeling I will be sore tomorrow. Congrats to all I see many got it over early. I knew if I had to come back to the gym again there was no way I would have. Did you notice we did pass the Dutch Team! (for now).    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>9th PLACE!</span></span><br />GREAT JOB TO ALL!<br />Mary <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>Good job, Mary! Actually, we're about even. Mine was 2:27:48.3. I'm still debating letting it show on the ranking board. It would only be the third in my age group and weight class, but it's much slower than the others.</span>

[old] izrbluer

Post by [old] izrbluer » June 21st, 2005, 4:00 pm

I have 4K still to go.. but at this rate I'm surprising myself getting it all done. I'm not getting much else done around here - but oh well.<br /><br />Kris<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-eieiodin+Jun 21 2005, 01:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(eieiodin @ Jun 21 2005, 01:37 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Great work guys!  I'm doing mine in pieces....but, I'll get there.<br /><br />Seth <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » June 21st, 2005, 5:03 pm

Right, that's a half marathon contributed from the UK, plus a couple of K warm up amd warm down for luck.<br /><br />Personal best as well (tee-hee)

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 21st, 2005, 5:46 pm

<span style='color:green'>Yeah, Ken! <br /><br />I noticed that Randy completed the challenge, too. Looks like he did a HM as well.</span>

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 21st, 2005, 5:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 21 2005, 02:10 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 21 2005, 02:10 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-artmom5+Jun 21 2005, 12:43 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(artmom5 @ Jun 21 2005, 12:43 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No Bobbi, mine is the slowest! I started an hour before I usually go to the health club so it wouldn't be as crowded and gave myself another hour so I finished in 2 1/2hours, YAHOO! Not sore just very tired. I have a feeling I will be sore tomorrow. Congrats to all I see many got it over early. I knew if I had to come back to the gym again there was no way I would have. Did you notice we did pass the Dutch Team! (for now).    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>9th PLACE!</span></span><br />GREAT JOB TO ALL!<br />Mary <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>Good job, Mary! Actually, we're about even. Mine was 2:27:48.3. I'm still debating letting it show on the ranking board. It would only be the third in my age group and weight class, but it's much slower than the others.</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> Bobbi, don't worry about rank, You got me beat, I'm 10th out of 10th, in fact I'm pretty much last place for all my rankings except one. Look at it this way, we can only improve!!<br />Congrats on our Personal Best for meters in one sitting!! Row ON!<br />Mary

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 21st, 2005, 5:52 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 21 2005, 05:03 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 21 2005, 05:03 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Right, that's a half marathon contributed from the UK, plus a couple of K warm up amd warm down for luck.<br /><br />Personal best as well (tee-hee) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> congrats to you on the PB and I suppose you lost a couple lbs. oops KILOS in the process!<br />Mary

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 21st, 2005, 5:57 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-artmom5+Jun 21 2005, 05:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(artmom5 @ Jun 21 2005, 05:48 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Bobbi, don't worry about rank, You got me beat, I'm 10th out of 10th, in fact I'm pretty much last place for all my rankings except one. Look at it this way, we can only improve!!<br />Congrats on our Personal Best for meters in one sitting!! Row ON!<br />Mary <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>Yep, congrats to us. Actually, you beat me by a couple of seconds. But you're younger than I am! I did go ahead and list my time in the rankings. I'm 4th out of 4. I started out last in just about everything (except 500 meters), but have moved up in all but the 6K.<br /><br />I'm so glad Specialt started this team. I wish she'd come back and get rowing again.</span><br />

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 21st, 2005, 7:45 pm

<span style='color:green'>Kris, Mike, and Kevin are on the Summer Solstice honor board. Congrats!</span>

[old] SpaCityBulldog

Post by [old] SpaCityBulldog » June 21st, 2005, 7:59 pm

All of you are an inspiration. So I took off work a bit early and rowed another 1/2 marathon today. Ugh - two in 3 days. The last 3K meters was rough but I made it.<br /><br />I tell you what if I ever row a full marathon I'll have to change clothes at least once. I get off the C2 dripping wet. I was standing at the sink drinking some water and my wife yelled at me "What did you do take a shower in those clothes? You're dripping water on the floor." <br /><br />Kevin