Team Row Pain, Row Gain

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] artmom5

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 20th, 2005, 9:14 am

Congrats to all RPRG, <span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>10 th place </span></span></span>as of Monday 8:00am Central time. How long we'll hold there who cares we made the top ten already!!!<br />It looks like everyone and I mean everyone is rowing, rowing. Great teamwork to ALL! Good luck tomorrow to all on the summer solstice. Rumor has it : if you're in the top ten the team will be immune to blisters and sore a*!*#* . <br />Mary

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 20th, 2005, 9:19 am

<!--QuoteBegin-SpaCityBulldog+Jun 19 2005, 06:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SpaCityBulldog @ Jun 19 2005, 06:37 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I leave town for a few days and you guys are just moving on up without me.  I took Friday off and the Mrs. and I went camping for a long weekend.  And low and behold I could fit the C2 in the back of my crewcab so i hauled it with me and got a 10K both Friday and Saturday mornings.<br /><br />After getting back home and unpacking I just finished a 1/2 marathon.  As I mentioned last week Tuesdays are bad for me to try a long row so I did it today.<br /><br />It's interesting watching everyone log their meters.  Randy and I were leapfrogging each other for a while now he's pulled away from me.  I don't know what got into Mike the last 10 days to two weeks but he's logged some serious meters and has blown past me like I was standing still.<br /><br />Congratulations to all on climbing the rankings.  We're currently less than 100K meters behind Dutch RowPros.  I believe most of that group live in the Netherlands so they'll be logging their meters before most of us even climb out of bed.  <br /><br />And welcome to the new members. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Congrats S<br />on some serious meters, great weekend log and while you were camping besides! congrats on the 1/2 marathon too! That's why we jumped so far ahead so fast. Thanks<br />Mary<br />

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 20th, 2005, 9:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 17 2005, 05:19 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 17 2005, 05:19 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 17 2005, 11:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 17 2005, 11:59 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Good heavens.<br /><br />See we've passed the 4 million metre mark. That's 4000 kilometres or approximately 2500 miles.<br /><br />According to my GPS, if we'd rowed out of NYC on a course of 295 degrees, we'd now just be 78 miles from downtown San Francisco! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>Oh my! What a team! Today was supposed to be my day off, but I couldnt stand the thought of not logging a few meters, so I rowed for 15 minutes after I fed the dogs tonight. After I row tomorrow, I'll be over 50K for the week. I've already rowed more this week than I ever have in one week before. </span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> Bobbi<br /><span style='color:orange'>50000 in one WEEK! Congratulations!</span><br />Great accomplishment! If someone had told us a month ago we would be rowing what we row today none of us would have believed them! Congrats to all!<br />Mary

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 20th, 2005, 9:31 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Jumpsoda+Jun 19 2005, 12:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Jumpsoda @ Jun 19 2005, 12:29 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <br /><br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hey guys, thanks for letting me join the team.</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> <span style='color:green'>JumpSoda<br />Welcome, Welcome!</span><br />Team RPRG is a great team we have people like me (newbies who row slowly but surely), and we have our veteran iron arm oarsmens like Steve and Seth at the top, churning up the waves! You'll find great support and a lot of info on any questions in the forums. Best of Luck and welcome aboard!<br />Mary

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 20th, 2005, 9:34 am

<!--QuoteBegin-izrbluer+Jun 17 2005, 07:31 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(izrbluer @ Jun 17 2005, 07:31 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Summer Challenge - June 21<br /><br />I'm going to give it a shot, even if I just do it in small incriments. Baby steps and all - I think I'll suprise myself and actually finish that way!!  <br /><br />Kris</span></span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Kris,<br />I know you can do it! Good Luck!<br />Mary<br />

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 20th, 2005, 9:51 am

<!--QuoteBegin-chipman+Jun 19 2005, 12:24 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(chipman @ Jun 19 2005, 12:24 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 18 2005, 04:02 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 18 2005, 04:02 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"It might be fleeting, but at the moment we've pulled ahead of the kids from Croatia into 11th place! "<br /><br />Yee-Haa!!!<br /><br />Or as we say in the jolly old UK, "Frightfully good show, chaps." <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ok boys and girls, I've lost my mind and have done 43000 meters in 2 days. My goal is 100,000 by tuesday evening. If you don't hear from me, please call 911, but first make sure if they find me collapsed on my C2 have them log my completed meters! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> I'm using your post for inspiration for me to try a measly 21k in 24 hours. Hopefully me laughing will oxygenate me to help get through the solstice challenge!<br />Mary

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 20th, 2005, 9:56 am

<!--QuoteBegin-katbois+Jun 19 2005, 05:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(katbois @ Jun 19 2005, 05:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Decided to bike today to break up the erging day in and day out! <br /><br />Had a flat  and wished I'd gone to the gym and rowed instead! <br /><br />Oh, well, at least I got some sun (and some rain) and some fresh air. And I pissed off a couple of drivers that don't even like it when there are bikers in the bike lane. Go figure!<br /><br />Tomorrow I plan on 15K and then Tuesday (June 21) I'll be rowing the Summer Solstice Challenge plus 97 extra meters to make it a 1/2 marathon.  <br /><br />Good luck to all! <br /><br />Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Good Luck Mark<br />I had the same thing happen to me, except it was both my brake cables and it was very wooded and hilly and I had to walk the 10 miles home. Haven't been on the trails since. I find the walk from the erg to my car much easier.<br />Although I do miss dodging deer and rabbits!<br />Mary

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » June 20th, 2005, 10:42 am

Back down to 11th when I checked - but the cloggies will be rowing in Yurp daytime, so I'm sure our mainly US team can get back our rightful 10th place later in the day.<br /><br />Checked our placing in metres per member, and we're down at 73rd, but the good news is there are lots or teams very close ahead of us, so doing some big metres for Solstice will jump us up a good few places. <br /><br />How's the weight going everybody. I'm now down 7 kilos (15.4 lbs) since starting mid April. And my resting heart rate is the lowest I can ever remember at 52.<br />

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 20th, 2005, 2:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 20 2005, 10:42 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 20 2005, 10:42 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Back down to 11th when I checked - but the cloggies will be rowing in Yurp daytime, so I'm sure our mainly US team can get back our rightful 10th place later in the day.<br /><br />Checked our placing in metres per member, and we're down at 73rd, but the good news is there are lots or teams very close ahead of us, so doing some big metres for Solstice will jump us up a good few places. <br /><br />How's the weight going everybody. I'm now down 7 kilos (15.4 lbs) since starting mid April. And my resting heart rate is the lowest I can ever remember at 52. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> Great job Copywriter! <br />I have gained 6lbs.(?kilos) because now I'm starving after my workouts, but I'm toner and I have a bunch more stamina. So I will not weigh myself until December, I'm removing any negative from my rowing success! (And I am ok with that.) I'm in it for the long run anyway: better health. But I will use my teammates weight loss as a motivation and another goal for later. Take care and good luck tomorrow! Row on.<br />Mary<br />

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 20th, 2005, 4:13 pm

<span style='color:green'>Hi, Team,<br /><br />Congrats on all the recent meters! I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday and didn't row, but I got my 6000 meters in today. I felt like a slug, but I wasn't much slower than normal. I had a bad arthritis day yesterday and I wonder if I was hurting because I didn't row.<br /><br />My plan for tomorrow is to stay in my rowing clothes all day and clean house in between Summer Solstice sessions.<br /><br />Mary--I love your signature file. The team slogan is great, but I particularly likek the events and times you listed. </span>

[old] Steelhead

Post by [old] Steelhead » June 20th, 2005, 4:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-artmom5+Jun 20 2005, 11:56 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(artmom5 @ Jun 20 2005, 11:56 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 20 2005, 10:42 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 20 2005, 10:42 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Back down to 11th when I checked - but the cloggies will be rowing in Yurp daytime, so I'm sure our mainly US team can get back our rightful 10th place later in the day.<br /><br />Checked our placing in metres per member, and we're down at 73rd, but the good news is there are lots or teams very close ahead of us, so doing some big metres for Solstice will jump us up a good few places. <br /><br />How's the weight going everybody. I'm now down 7 kilos (15.4 lbs) since starting mid April. And my resting heart rate is the lowest I can ever remember at 52. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> Great job Copywriter! <br />I have gained 6lbs.(?kilos) because now I'm starving after my workouts, but I'm toner and I have a bunch more stamina. So I will not weigh myself until December, I'm removing any negative from my rowing success! (And I am ok with that.) I'm in it for the long run anyway: better health. But I will use my teammates weight loss as a motivation and another goal for later. Take care and good luck tomorrow! Row on.<br />Mary <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Mary,<br /><br />Everytime I got on the scales I'd gained another pound. So last week I decided to row more and not weigh myself. <br /><br />Mike

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 20th, 2005, 7:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Steelhead+Jun 20 2005, 04:43 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Steelhead @ Jun 20 2005, 04:43 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-artmom5+Jun 20 2005, 11:56 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(artmom5 @ Jun 20 2005, 11:56 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 20 2005, 10:42 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 20 2005, 10:42 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Back down to 11th when I checked - but the cloggies will be rowing in Yurp daytime, so I'm sure our mainly US team can get back our rightful 10th place later in the day.<br /><br />Checked our placing in metres per member, and we're down at 73rd, but the good news is there are lots or teams very close ahead of us, so doing some big metres for Solstice will jump us up a good few places. <br /><br />How's the weight going everybody. I'm now down 7 kilos (15.4 lbs) since starting mid April. And my resting heart rate is the lowest I can ever remember at 52. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> Great job Copywriter! <br />I have gained 6lbs.(?kilos) because now I'm starving after my workouts, but I'm toner and I have a bunch more stamina. So I will not weigh myself until December, I'm removing any negative from my rowing success! (And I am ok with that.) I'm in it for the long run anyway: better health. But I will use my teammates weight loss as a motivation and another goal for later. Take care and good luck tomorrow! Row on.<br />Mary <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Mary,<br /><br />Everytime I got on the scales I'd gained another pound. So last week I decided to row more and not weigh myself. <br /><br />Mike <br /> </td></tr></table><br />I'm right there with you Mike. I know for me there is muscle under there, eventually it will get large enough to push that fat aside! That's my mentality for now. I actually ate celery and liked it. Slow changes with my slow pace! Good luck tomorrow.<br />Mary<br />

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 20th, 2005, 7:33 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 20 2005, 04:13 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 20 2005, 04:13 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:green'>Hi, Team,<br /><br />Congrats on all the recent meters! I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday and didn't row, but I got my 6000 meters in today. I felt like a slug, but I wasn't much slower than normal. I had a bad arthritis day yesterday and I wonder if I was hurting because I didn't row.<br /><br />My plan for tomorrow is to stay in my rowing clothes all day and clean house in between Summer Solstice sessions.<br /><br />Mary--I love your signature file. The team slogan is great, but I particularly likek the events and times you listed.  </span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Thanks Bobbi,<br />I noticed 9K very good! As for my signature I wanted to feel like a real rower but there was no way I was going to put my real times down. I saw some of those sigs and they do a 2K in what I do a 500. I remember the Tortoise and the Hare, Tortoises finish first! <br />Mary<br />

[old] corgimom

Post by [old] corgimom » June 20th, 2005, 9:51 pm

Congrats to all the rowers - we are really adding up the meters. I noticed we have moved up to 10th place.<br /><br />I took a day off from rowing yesterday and only did 2,000 and 500 this evening. They were pb for me though I won't mention the times as they are pretty pitiful. I've noticed that when I really concentrate on my form I can really lower my times. <br /><br />Keep up the good work<br /><br />corgimom

[old] StLCardsFan

Post by [old] StLCardsFan » June 20th, 2005, 10:09 pm

My husband (SpaCityBulldog) just set me up for this team. I don't row often. Maybe 2-3 times a week for about 30 minutes each so I hope all of you can use what meters I do get.<br /><br />Martha