Team Row Pain, Row Gain

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] izrbluer

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] izrbluer » June 8th, 2005, 5:32 pm

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='color:blue'>I submitted a picture to C2, but I haven't seen or heard anything yet. <br /><br />Kris</span></span><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-SpaCityBulldog+Jun 8 2005, 04:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SpaCityBulldog @ Jun 8 2005, 04:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 8 2005, 02:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 8 2005, 02:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:green'>I notice only two of us have pictures posted. How about the rest of you e-mailing pics in? Hmm?</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I sent one ni several days ago but I haven't seen it postedyet.<br /><br />Welcome William!!<br /><br />An an atta-girl to Bobbi - I've noticed you're racking up some meters lately. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » June 8th, 2005, 5:59 pm

Keep on pulling those chains, everybody – let's aim for a top ten place!

[old] amandacobb

Post by [old] amandacobb » June 8th, 2005, 6:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 8 2005, 01:39 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 8 2005, 01:39 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:blue'>Pictures schmictures!    I'll email an "after" when I get one.  But no way am I sending a "before."</span><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>You'll notice that mine is a head shot. </span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes, well... such is the way of things. I am excited to eventually get to a place where I don't have to run and cry and hibernate for a week every time I see a picture of myself. <br />

[old] katbois

Post by [old] katbois » June 8th, 2005, 8:15 pm

Hold on! I'm headed to Glamor Shots for my latest and most stunning pic.<br /><br />Mark

[old] amandacobb

Post by [old] amandacobb » June 8th, 2005, 11:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-katbois+Jun 8 2005, 05:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(katbois @ Jun 8 2005, 05:15 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hold on! I'm headed to Glamor Shots for my latest and most stunning pic.<br /><br />Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Make sure you get one with a feather boa. I think you'd surely look ravishing.

[old] izrbluer

Post by [old] izrbluer » June 10th, 2005, 5:22 am

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Sounds like an Awesome goal to me! As a team I'm sure we can get even higher!!<br /><br />Go Go Go!!<br /><br />Kris</span></span><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+Jun 8 2005, 05:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ Jun 8 2005, 05:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Keep on pulling those chains, everybody – let's aim for a top ten place! <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] katbois

Post by [old] katbois » June 12th, 2005, 7:35 pm

Hey!<br /><br />Anyone up for the Summer Solstice Challenge? Do a half marathon on the longest day of the year, June 21!<br /><br />I'm game! <br /><br />This team is a real challenge to put in some meters every day! 'Course it helps when monsoon season hits (in S. Florida). Y'all pray the hurricanes steer clear this year! <br /><br />Go RPRG! We're adding up the meters!<br /><br />Mark

[old] chipman

Post by [old] chipman » June 12th, 2005, 8:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-katbois+Jun 12 2005, 04:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(katbois @ Jun 12 2005, 04:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey!<br /><br />Anyone up for the Summer Solstice Challenge? Do a half marathon on the longest day of the year, June 21!<br /><br />I'm game! <br /><br />This team is a real challenge to put in some meters every day! 'Course it helps when monsoon season hits (in S. Florida). Y'all pray the hurricanes steer clear this year! <br /><br />Go RPRG! We're adding up the meters!<br /><br />Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> <br />I'm there!!. Everyone lets do it!! Just go slow and steady, put the old I-pod on shuffle turn on the SF Giants baseball game(that will piss you off so much, it'll make you row faster) Ok, forget about the Giants, they just might make you throw-up all over your self.<br /><br />Seriously though I did my first half-marathon last week and with the exception of my butt hurting a little, it was not that much harder than an hour row.

[old] SpaCityBulldog

Post by [old] SpaCityBulldog » June 12th, 2005, 9:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Seriously though I did my first half-marathon last week and with the exception of my butt hurting a little, it was not that much harder than an hour row. </td></tr></table><br />You didn't row long enough. Your butt will actually quit hurting after a while. It'll just go numb. <br /><br />I did my 3rd 1/2 marathon today. Just a tad over 93 minutes. Tuesdays (21st) are not a good day for me to take a long row. We'll see how things are going that week before I commit.<br /><br />The challange is actually 21K meters and can be done in several workouts that day.<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The 2nd Annual Solstice Challenge will take place on Tuesday, June 21. On that date, the longest day of the year, we challenge you to row 21,000 meters, on the water or on the Indoor Rower, to celebrate the solstice. The meters can be accrued from several workouts throughout the day or from one long workout. While you're at it, you may just as well row an additional 97 meters and make it an official half-marathon of 21,097 meters (the half-marathon does have to be rowed in one sitting, small breaks are allowed, but the rest time needs to be included in the final time for ranking). <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Credit for a 1/2 marathon needs to be done in one sitting and at 21,097 meters.<br /><br />Kevin

[old] izrbluer

Post by [old] izrbluer » June 12th, 2005, 9:51 pm

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>I have it on my calendar. I'm going to try, but I don't know if I'll make the distance. I'm still a novice. But I'll definitely add to our over all distance! <br /><br />Kris</span></span><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-katbois+Jun 12 2005, 07:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(katbois @ Jun 12 2005, 07:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey!<br /><br />Anyone up for the Summer Solstice Challenge? Do a half marathon on the longest day of the year, June 21!<br /><br />I'm game! <br /><br />This team is a real challenge to put in some meters every day! 'Course it helps when monsoon season hits (in S. Florida). Y'all pray the hurricanes steer clear this year! <br /><br />Go RPRG! We're adding up the meters!<br /><br />Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] corgimom

Post by [old] corgimom » June 12th, 2005, 9:54 pm

Hello everyone - I signed up this evening to join your team. I probably have the most to lose here and am just beginning to row. I see all of the other times and distances and get a bit intimidated but hopefully I will steadily improve. <br /><br />I don't tell everyone this but I recently had gastric bypass surgery and am trying to get in a routine of walking and rowing every day. It's taken a while after surgery to get to feeling comfortable in rowing but I really enjoy it. <br /><br />I hope to contribute a few meters to our totals.<br /><br />corgimom

[old] chipman

Post by [old] chipman » June 12th, 2005, 10:14 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-corgimom+Jun 12 2005, 06:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(corgimom @ Jun 12 2005, 06:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hello everyone - I signed up this evening to join your team. I probably have the most to lose here and am just beginning to row. I see all of the other times and distances and get a bit intimidated but hopefully I will steadily improve. <br /><br />I don't tell everyone this but I recently had gastric bypass surgery and am trying to get in a routine of walking and rowing every day. It's taken a while after surgery to get to feeling comfortable in rowing but I really enjoy it. <br /><br />I hope to contribute a few meters to our totals.<br /><br />corgimom <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Welcome corgimom, my niece had the same surgery and she couldn't be happier! She is going to the gym everyday and is really enjoying life.<br /><br /> As for your rowing just start out slow and strive for gradual improvement. This is an exercises you can comfortably do every day.

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 12th, 2005, 11:22 pm

<span style='color:green'>Welcome, Corgimom. Please heed Chipman's excellent advice and take it slow and easy. Don't let the meters and times of others pressure you into trying too much too soon. I've been there and it's not fun.<br /><br />I've only been rowing for a little over a month and have never done more than 10,000 meters in one sitting. (I just did that for the second time today.) There's no way I'll be ready to try a half marathon in 9 days, so I play to spread the 21,000 meters over three or four sessions during the day on June 21. I'm off work, so I'll just stay home and hang out with the dogs between rows. </span>

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 13th, 2005, 10:17 am

<!--QuoteBegin-chipman+Jun 12 2005, 10:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(chipman @ Jun 12 2005, 10:14 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-corgimom+Jun 12 2005, 06:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(corgimom @ Jun 12 2005, 06:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hello everyone - I signed up this evening to join your team. I probably have the most to lose here and am just beginning to row. I see all of the other times and distances and get a bit intimidated but hopefully I will steadily improve. <br /><br />I don't tell everyone this but I recently had gastric bypass surgery and am trying to get in a routine of walking and rowing every day. It's taken a while after surgery to get to feeling comfortable in rowing but I really enjoy it. <br /><br />I hope to contribute a few meters to our totals.<br /><br />corgimom <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Welcome corgimom, my niece had the same surgery and she couldn't be happier! She is going to the gym everyday and is really enjoying life.<br /><br /> As for your rowing just start out slow and strive for gradual improvement. This is an exercises you can comfortably do every day. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /> Welcome to Team RPRG<br />I've just joined 2-3 weeks ago, don't be intimidated by the yardage by the veterans. Just keep on rowing to live better one meter at a time! That's my goal and trying to eventually lose the inches and weight for good. IT's is a great team with very knowledgeable teammates which really helps us newbies!<br />Good luck!<br />Mary<br />Tinley Park, IL

[old] artmom5

Post by [old] artmom5 » June 13th, 2005, 10:20 am

<!--QuoteBegin-chipman+Jun 12 2005, 08:43 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(chipman @ Jun 12 2005, 08:43 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-katbois+Jun 12 2005, 04:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(katbois @ Jun 12 2005, 04:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey!<br /><br />Anyone up for the Summer Solstice Challenge? Do a half marathon on the longest day of the year, June 21!<br /><br />I'm game! <br /><br />This team is a real challenge to put in some meters every day! 'Course it helps when monsoon season hits (in S. Florida). Y'all pray the hurricanes steer clear this year! <br /><br />Go RPRG! We're adding up the meters!<br /><br />Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm there!!. Everyone lets do it!! Just go slow and steady, put the old I-pod on shuffle turn on the SF Giants baseball game(that will piss you off so much, it'll make you row faster) Ok, forget about the Giants, they just might make you throw-up all over your self.<br /><br />Seriously though I did my first half-marathon last week and with the exception of my butt hurting a little, it was not that much harder than an hour row. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />chipman<br />Out of curiosity what is your pace and how long did it take you? Did you do it in one sitting?<br />Mary<br />TP, IL<br />