Do I Need To Lose Weight Before I Use My Rower?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] mimitap

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] mimitap » February 28th, 2006, 2:27 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57695:date=Feb 28 2006, 12:57 PM:name=todd)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(todd @ Feb 28 2006, 12:57 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I appreciate everybody's support. <br /><br />I got my rower and started to work last Friday. I've started slow like everbody suggests, but it seems like I'm working awfully hard. If y'all want some giggles, you can see my times at the bottom of the 2,000M and 30min rankings. But I'm enjoying it and hope I'll be able to stick with it. <br /><br />I'm losing weight through diet. I'm down to a svelt 292 according to my home scale (I like my home scale because it has always weighed light compared to the doctor's) but I have put on a couple of pounds since I started erging. I'm confident that is not a real gain and will go away very soon. I know this exercise can only be good for me.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Good for you Todd. <br /><br />Remember to avoid focus on the weight - you will put on muscle weight as you work out. Watch how your clothes start to fit differently and you feel more energy.<br /><br />Please keep reporting in so that we can enjoy your progress.<br /><br />Marie

[old] Godfried

Post by [old] Godfried » February 28th, 2006, 3:38 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57695:date=Feb 28 2006, 06:57 PM:name=todd)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(todd @ Feb 28 2006, 06:57 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->... If y'all want some giggles, you can see my times at the bottom of the 2,000M and 30min rankings. ... </td></tr></table><br />Nobody is going to giggle about your times. We have all been there, some of us are still there.<br /><br />The goal is to get better , to get lighter. Watch your pace, don't overdo it. And see <a href="http://www.concept2.co.uk/weightloss/" target="_blank">weightloss</a>.

[old] mpukita

Post by [old] mpukita » February 28th, 2006, 5:06 pm

Want to laugh (go ahead, I approve), look at my HM time. I'm so ashamed of it, I won't put it in my signature as a "real" time, even as slow as the rest of them are. As Godfried said, we've all been there, and are still there (in my case).<br /><br />We should not even be ashamed of quitting. Because quitting <b>and re-starting </b> may be the path we all have to take from time-to-time. Fall off the horse, get back on, fall off, get on. I know plenty of ex-smokers who succeeded at quitting only after failing time and again. You never know when the moment of inspiration finally makes it stick for good!<br /><br />Row on! We're certainly not all world record holders here.

[old] Ben Rea

Post by [old] Ben Rea » February 28th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Jhonny65:<br /><br />i would just like to say good luck with the rower, im sure you will lose weight if you stick with it, and dont forget to have fun with it, that will make weightloss go much faster.