Rowpro Question

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
Montanaandy
1k Poster

Rowpro Question

Post by Montanaandy » January 3rd, 2008, 4:09 pm

I tried the demo of RowPro and liked it overall. One thing that I did not like however was the fact that I had to get off the rower to mouse click in order to choose to end my warm up (which was the default) and then mouseclick to begin the set piece that I was testing (2000 meters). Is there a way with the full-fledged version to proceed from the warm up to the set piece without having to get off the erg to proceed on? Thanks.

Couch Potato
500m Poster

Post by Couch Potato » January 3rd, 2008, 5:20 pm

In the User Settings tab there is an Auto Advance check box. Select a time – mine is currently 30 secs – to advance after warm up, session and warm down; left at 0 the auto advance feature is off (I believe this is the default). I am not sure if this is available in the Demo Version!

michaelb
2k Poster

Post by michaelb » January 6th, 2008, 3:43 pm

I don't use the warm up and down feature of RP, because although you can set RP to count those meters in the RP log, they are not uploaded to your C2 log. I use the just row features to warm up usually, and another set piece to warm down, so I can upload those meters and keep my RP and C2 logs in sync.

None of this helps your question though of how to proceed from one directly to the other without a mouse click.
M 51 5'9'' (1.75m), a once and future lightweight
Old PBs 500m-1:33.9 1K-3:18.6 2K-6:55.4 5K-18:17.6 10K-38:10.5 HM-1:24:00.1 FM-3:07.13

Ron
Paddler

Post by Ron » January 6th, 2008, 10:25 pm

I have my computer CPU right next to the erg so it is not a big problem....however I sometimes wish that keyboard keys could accomplish the same things.

Suggestion: Would a good wireless mouse be of any assistance to you ?
The Buckeye State
Go Bucks

Montanaandy
1k Poster

Rowpro - problem solved

Post by Montanaandy » January 8th, 2008, 5:34 pm

I was able to change to defaults from "0" which meant that I had to manually mouseclick to advance from warmup - set piece - cooldown to "10" which allows a 10 second pause before advancing to the next stage.

I do have a wireless mouse that I use with my IBM laptop just to the right of the handles/flywheel cage but it is just out of reach once I am strapped in so I have to get out of the footrest to change things (or did). I really can't position things any closer or I will come into contact with them - unless someone else has a suggestion as to how I might position the laptop in relation to the erg.

I saw someone has posted a 2K trial on YouTube and they had a monster flatscreen on the wall in front of them. That is the way to go!