Week 6 Results

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] simon crawley

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] simon crawley » August 30th, 2005, 8:28 am

<br />funny how it goes i ate exactly the same, trained a bit more even though i had a bad foot and could barely walk, cut out 4 pints of strongbow (7 last week) and hey presto i have lost only0.5 lbs this week compared to 6.5 loss last week, here's hoping for 3lb next week. i'm really peeved with this weeks loss and I want to go and get wrecked and have fish and chips on the way home. training this week was<br />rowing 67,000 meters<br />x train 2 hours<br />cycling 2 hours<br />my times for all the above are increasing but were slower on the weekend because of my bad foot.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />simon<br /><br />. . . . . . . . . .<br />this time i'm going to do it <br />week 1 -18.5 <br />week 2 -4 <br />week 3 -3 <br />week 4 -2.5 2stone lost <br />week 5 -6.5 <br />week 6 -0.5 <br />week 7 <br />week 8 <br />week 9<br />

[old] Steelhead

Post by [old] Steelhead » August 30th, 2005, 10:07 am

<!--QuoteBegin-simon crawley+Aug 30 2005, 05:28 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(simon crawley @ Aug 30 2005, 05:28 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i have lost only0.5 lbs this week <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Muscle.<br /><br />Mike

[old] R S T

Post by [old] R S T » August 30th, 2005, 10:10 am

Have patience!<br /><br />Your body is adapting, besides you are still losing weight.<br /><br />When I lost weight with erging alone (and deliberately not dieting, just eating a bit healthier and not denying myself any luxuries) I could see a general trend of weightloss.<br /><br />However, the weightloss was generally not correlated with the erg metres, sometimes the weightloss would come say 2 weeks after a high volume week. Also there are other variables to think of which could sway the overall weight loss (time of day weighed, hydration fluctuations, changes in muscle composition etc)<br /><br />The only way to get around the slight swings and roundabouts with weightloss is to stop weighing once a week and to weigh on a monthly basis instead - consider the great stats that you would have then! I agree, however, that when you are trying to lose weight it is useful to have the weekly feedback of weight to spur motivation.<br /><br />Best of luck<br />Cheers<br />RichardT

[old] RowedandRode

Post by [old] RowedandRode » August 30th, 2005, 1:46 pm

Simon<br /><br />You will hit plateaus during any weight loss regimen. It's like investments - they can't make the same amount of money every week. Your body isn't a machine, and the calorie balance isn't the whole story.<br /><br />You might consider a rest day or two. It's a very important part of training. If you train really intensely all the time, you'll burn out. <br /><br />How did you hurt your foot? If you think it's due to overtraining, take some time off & let it heal.<br /><br />If you <i>really</i> want to lose weight, why not give up Strongbow completely?<br /><br />

[old] Normsthename

Post by [old] Normsthename » August 30th, 2005, 3:55 pm

Keep going Simon!<br />What you have done so far is great motivation for those of us trying to shift the lb's <br />I have only been rowing 3 1/2 weeks, and have lost 7lb so far, slow but steady..... but I am quite pleased with that. I find some times I lose a lot, and then other times when I have been really good with my diet, and rowing good sessions, I have hardly shifted anything <br />One thing I have definitely found useful is taking a restday at least once a week.<br />I found I was getting slower and slower, even with the limited metres I row, rowing everyday was taking its toll<br />I suppose it is all relative.<br /><br />Keep up the good work!<br /><br />Andy<br />

[old] Hal Morgan

Post by [old] Hal Morgan » August 30th, 2005, 9:05 pm

I rowed and rowed for an endless period of wanting to drop just a few pounds. I changed my thinking and decided to eat soup at lunch. Two extra glasses of water instead of coffee all day. Worked my way up to 45 minutes of erg a day. Long slow distances of about 9K, The lbs. fell off. Went from 204 to 175 in the spring of this year.<br />IT Stayed Gone! Don't quit before that magical meter.

[old] simon crawley

Post by [old] simon crawley » August 31st, 2005, 5:41 am

thanks for the replies guys, i hurt my foot from having severe arthritus in ankle which sometimes makes me walk ackward. anyway i have got past my sulk, didnt cheat, trained this morning and broke 7000 for 30 min, really good workout. i have 2 rest days a week<br /><br />simon

[old] bmoore

Post by [old] bmoore » September 19th, 2005, 11:34 am

Simon,<br /><br />Where'd you go? I'm hoping you're still pursuing this goal. Let us know how you're doing. If you've been ambushed by a weight loss or motivational plateau, use this group to help you break through and get back on track.<br /><br />Regards,