Natural Stroking Power

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
George Dunning
1k Poster

Post by George Dunning » January 3rd, 2008, 12:15 am

Yankeerunner wrote:
ranger wrote: Even though I am seven years older, I now do a HMr18 @ 1:52

ranger
Oh really? When?

'In your dreams' doesn't count.
Ranger why dont you answer this question :?:
'Salaam aleykum'

Rocket Roy
2k Poster

Post by Rocket Roy » January 3rd, 2008, 5:11 am

mikvan52 wrote:
Rocket Roy wrote:I did a Hm at 1.51.7 last week and it was bloody tough! I averaged 29.7spm so if (snip) can do it at 1.52 and 18spm, then (snip) will be pulling 6.10 in (snip's) 2k races this year. :wink:

So Mike, I reckon (snip) will be putting the WR out of anyone's reach ever.......
Wiser to not mention (snip)!

I have to stay focused on replicating real performances such as yours!

1:51.7 avg. for 21,097 meters hmmm. Did you purposely set out to keep the rate under 30 spm? Or, was it a case of pure open-rating enjoyment?
I might give this one a go so we can create more solidarity among those vying for silver.
Ha-ha-ha :lol: good one Mike, the enjoyment sort of disappeared after oh 3k I guess. I went with 10MPS for that long then had to go with the flow and do what was necessary to get the split down. I mainly sat on 1.53's for the first 10k then tried to not see anymore 53's or 52's. I would think with your power you will eat up this time.

FYI there is a new kid on the block, Greg Trahar from south London, I was due to train with him last saturday before I got struck down by this Vertigo (still with me unfortunately), anyway we were going to race a HM. Instead he did one on his own and clocked a 1;17;17.0, which if he had bothered to enter it on the Rankings is a BR for both Hwt's and Lwt's. His split of 1.49.9 is most impressive.
He is just 50 and always lwt. He has had to go to the Philppines for work for a while but when he comes back I hope to train with him ----and kick his arse a bit :wink:
Lwt 55+ World Record Holder 6.38.1 (2006-2018)
World champion 2007, 2009, 2014.
2k pb...6.34.7
cycling
25 miles...55;24
10 miles...21.03
Golf best gross 78, 8 over par.

Yankeerunner
10k Poster

Post by Yankeerunner » January 5th, 2008, 1:03 pm

George Dunning wrote:
Yankeerunner wrote:
ranger wrote: Even though I am seven years older, I now do a HMr18 @ 1:52

ranger
Oh really? When?

'In your dreams' doesn't count.
Ranger why dont you answer this question :?:
Perhaps this can finally be put to bed. Yesterday, on the UK forum, Diary section, 25 days after first being asked, it was answered with this:
I didn't say I did it.

I said I _can_ do it.

ranger
It seems like weaseling out to me, but I'll leave it to others to accept it for whatever they want. Buh-bye.