Around the World Row!

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 1st, 2008, 7:06 pm

:D :D :D

HAPPY NEWYEAR!
Tyn

M42H

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. So row well and live."

"Nobody move! I've dropped me brain!"

Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 1st, 2008, 7:43 pm

Jim,

Is this strange german woman back in the boat?

If so, you should have warned us!

Tyn

M42H

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 2nd, 2008, 12:30 pm

Tyn wrote:Jim,

Is this strange german woman back in the boat?

If so, you should have warned us!

Yup, she's back! Sorry I didn't give you a warning, but she sure puts on the meters, eh.

Our JVC boat is in 4th place and TeamCanada is interested in merging with us. What do you think?

The big coastal row trireme is now over 47,000,000 meters.
That means the google earth file is getting rather large. I will try and figure out some means of splitting it up so you will only have to download the rows since your last logon. I may have to send a cookie to your comp :?

We are coming up on the small town of King Salmon, Alaska I think we should stop in for a beer at the King Ko Inn.

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

ChrisH
500m Poster

Post by ChrisH » January 2nd, 2008, 4:57 pm

A merge with TeamCanada sounds fine to this Yank. TeamCanada plus new members and B.K's return..........the trireme will be flying,eh. :)
Chris
MH 54 5'8'' 190lbs.

jc
Paddler

Team Canada

Post by jc » January 2nd, 2008, 5:16 pm

Having rowed for Team Canada last year, I think a merge would be in order. Go for it! :)

Note that several people are currently registered with both teams (probably a left over from last year), so the total team scores will be slightly smaller after the merge.

John C
JC ... Rowing for Life!

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 2nd, 2008, 6:44 pm

B.K. has bolted :(

She knows she is welcome back anytime.

All of you other hosers,
Keep on rowin', eh.

jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 2nd, 2008, 8:15 pm

Has bolted?

I had to look it up on the web translate section!

I understand you bolt up a horse??

Put the sadle on? Or what?

I'm in the dark here!

But don't get me wrong!

I love B.K.!!!!!

Let's row, Eh!
Tyn

M42H

Tinpusher
2k Poster

Post by Tinpusher » January 2nd, 2008, 8:31 pm

Tyn
Like the saying: Close the stable door after the horse has bolted.
Bolted means ran away.

Sorry to hear this.

Bri, come back...please.

Dave
David Chmilowskyj
M 56 6ft 4in/1.94m 230lb/105kg
Team Oarsome

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 2nd, 2008, 8:48 pm

I've always thought that meaning of the word bolt was related to the term lightning bolt, like shooting out like a lightning bolt, but I couldn't find proof, and I wasn't willing to look hard.
Of course, under the circumstances, it could also be an acronym:
B - Brigitte
O - Off
L - L'Eh (French for 'The Eh')
T - Team
Brigitte, hope all is well. And hope you come back too.

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 3rd, 2008, 10:38 pm

We are over 48,000,000 meters and passing Nunivak Island off of the west coast of Alaska.
At this time of year we may be rowing under some noctilucent clouds as seen over Nunivak Island in the picture above.

Our JVC team is doing well and staying in the top 10 of the standings. You can see the results by clicking the teams tab in your c2 online logbook and then following the appropriate links.

I have finally managed to get the sorting and selecting feature running in our eh!team database. I am moving the site to a new server and I will post the link when it is up and running. For you techie types it is an ASP.NET 3.5 enabled site so I can use the new funkie database stuff like LINQ.

You will be able to see your individual rows between any two dates that you select and it will give you your aggregate total between those dates.
My next project is to add some features to the google earth file so you can have your own specialized icon, image, etc.

Let me know if there are any other features you would like to see and I will try my best to implement them, although my response time may be slow :(

Love this team,
Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim

alkem
500m Poster

Wow Jim! - Thanks for all your hard work.

Post by alkem » January 4th, 2008, 12:44 am

Thanks for all your hard work Jim. I've put a link to our coastal row on my site, so I'll make sure to change it as soon as you provide the new address. I'm not sure how to look us up under the teams tab, as there is no Virtual category in the drop down menu for JVC standing results in that link.

Just row!
Michelle
[url]http://brainangles.blogspot.com[/url]

[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1173219887.png[/img]

ulu
2k Poster

Re: Wow Jim! - Thanks for all your hard work.

Post by ulu » January 4th, 2008, 2:19 am

alkem wrote: I'm not sure how to look us up under the teams tab, as there is no Virtual category in the drop down menu for JVC standing results in that link.

Just row!
Michelle
At the top of my c2 online logbook is a menu that looks like this:

I click the teams tab and this comes up:

Following the team standings link brings up a list by individual. It looks like this:

You can sort it by clicking the team link (under standings in middle column). It should now look like this:

I hope this helps.

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim

alkem
500m Poster

Thanks

Post by alkem » January 4th, 2008, 2:54 am

Thanks, I just kept clicking on the View drop down menu and it wasn't showing virtual. Now, I can keep up with our standings. Any news on whether Team Canada still wants to merge. I rowed with both teams in the January 2007 challenge.
Michelle
[url]http://brainangles.blogspot.com[/url]

[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1173219887.png[/img]

Tinpusher
2k Poster

Post by Tinpusher » January 4th, 2008, 3:58 pm

Welcome back again Bri. :D

Dave
David Chmilowskyj
M 56 6ft 4in/1.94m 230lb/105kg
Team Oarsome

Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Re: Thanks

Post by Bob S. » January 4th, 2008, 5:16 pm

alkem wrote: Any news on whether Team Canada still wants to merge. I rowed with both teams in the January 2007 challenge.
Michelle
How did you manage to do that? The rumor was around that you could do that. In fact Team Canada was promoting that idea when they were blatantly trying to proselytize new members. I had believed the rumor and signed up for a second club (not TC), only to find out that my meters no longer showed up in the first one, which was my own (one member) team. I didn't really mind that much and just went along with the change. My impression was that belonging to two teams really meant that you could be signed up for one team for the full season totals, but sign up for a second one just for the JVC. That is the way it seems to work this season.

This year it seems that there are a whole slew of teams out recruiting for the JVC and that is has become the normal practice. In 2006 season, when I tried to find other residents of this remote area to join the Owens Lake Yacht Club virtual team, I was accused of spamming by a forum member who wanted to get me kicked off the forum for doing it.

Bob S.