Just Wanna Brag

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Steelhead

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] Steelhead » June 16th, 2005, 12:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 16 2005, 08:01 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 16 2005, 08:01 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:green'>I noticed that I have abdominal muscles under the flab! And the flab is slowing disappearing. It took awhile to get this way; it'll take awhile to get rid of it.<br /><br />I was slow but persistent today. I noticed that I was only a little more than 15K shy of 200K for the season, so I did it. All in one piece. Whew! I just took it slow so I wouldn't wear myself out. I rowed 15,382 meters in an hour and three-quarters.</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Excellent work. I have to take a break at the one hour mark, so you're in better shape than I. Just think in four days or less you can break the 250,000 meter mark. This team is a real motivation for me, and I am impressed with the meters we are pulling.

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 16th, 2005, 2:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Steelhead+Jun 16 2005, 12:18 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Steelhead @ Jun 16 2005, 12:18 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->[right] <br />Excellent work. I have to take a break at the one hour mark, so you're in better shape than I. Just think in four days or less you can break the 250,000 meter mark. This team is a real motivation for me, and I am impressed with the meters we are pulling. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>Thanks. You pack a lot more meters into an hour than I do! I pause fairly often to check my HR and take a sip of water. For this one, I stretched while still seated a few thousand meters in. I stood up for a quick break just after I hit 10K (an hour and ten minutes in or so). I started out thinking that I'd split my goal for the day into two parts, but I actually felt better as I went along, so I ended up doing it all at once. My 500 meter split times were better at the end than they were at the beginning, but I was quite ready to stop.<br /><br />Tomorrow is my scheduled day off of rowing for this week. I'm working both tomorrow and Sunday. Sunday is a 12-hour shift, and I don't even try to row on those days. (I'm away from home from 6am until nearly 8pm.) I've tried rowing before my 8-hour shifts, but it's frustrating because I can't get more than 20 minutes in. Yesterday, I rowed after work, too, and it worked out well. I think I'll stick with rowing in the early evening if I row on my 8-hour work days.<br /><br />I just adjusted my training schedule so that I'll be shooting for 50,000 meters per week, so I'll see how that goes. </span>

[old] Steelhead

Post by [old] Steelhead » June 16th, 2005, 5:30 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-NurseBobbi+Jun 16 2005, 11:37 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NurseBobbi @ Jun 16 2005, 11:37 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Steelhead+Jun 16 2005, 12:18 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Steelhead @ Jun 16 2005, 12:18 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->[right] <br />Excellent work. I have to take a break at the one hour mark, so you're in better shape than I. Just think in four days or less you can break the 250,000 meter mark. This team is a real motivation for me, and I am impressed with the meters we are pulling. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>Thanks. You pack a lot more meters into an hour than I do! I pause fairly often to check my HR and take a sip of water. For this one, I stretched while still seated a few thousand meters in. I stood up for a quick break just after I hit 10K (an hour and ten minutes in or so). I started out thinking that I'd split my goal for the day into two parts, but I actually felt better as I went along, so I ended up doing it all at once. My 500 meter split times were better at the end than they were at the beginning, but I was quite ready to stop.<br /><br />Tomorrow is my scheduled day off of rowing for this week. I'm working both tomorrow and Sunday. Sunday is a 12-hour shift, and I don't even try to row on those days. (I'm away from home from 6am until nearly 8pm.) I've tried rowing before my 8-hour shifts, but it's frustrating because I can't get more than 20 minutes in. Yesterday, I rowed after work, too, and it worked out well. I think I'll stick with rowing in the early evening if I row on my 8-hour work days.<br /><br />I just adjusted my training schedule so that I'll be shooting for 50,000 meters per week, so I'll see how that goes. </span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />50,000 meters per week is great. <br /><br />Years ago, when I first got my Concept B model, I used to think that if I couldn't get in a long workout, then I wouldn't do a short one. Now, if I could only do 10 minutes on some days, I'd do it. Our bodies are amazing, and even a 20 minute row will keep us in top shape for the long rows, so if you have 20 minutes some days, I'd take it. Even just doing 500 minutes for PB time would be worth it. Hmmm, I'll have to take my own advice, and get in a short workout before I go hiking or fishing.

[old] Steelhead

Post by [old] Steelhead » June 16th, 2005, 5:31 pm

500 meters that is, not minutes.

[old] SpaCityBulldog

Post by [old] SpaCityBulldog » June 19th, 2005, 10:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I just adjusted my training schedule so that I'll be shooting for 50,000 meters per week, so I'll see how that goes </td></tr></table><br /><br />An excellent goal, Bobbi. And I see you're over 200K - Congratulations!<br /><br />Kevin<br />

[old] littlebabysquirrel

Post by [old] littlebabysquirrel » July 18th, 2005, 10:28 am

Hi...just weighed myself for the first time since I started to erg. Lost 7lbs!!! YEEHAH!!! Trying to erg everyday now. I can actually see my butt under all that cottage cheese cellulite!!! Also, a significant loss in my gut (which was my biggest problem when I erg!) This forum has been my support system and it's WORKING. This is the first time EVER that I have dedicated time to working out and losing weight. I am HOOKED ON ERGING!!! <br /><br />My guy will be lucky if he ever uses this machine again.....It's MINE, MINE ...ALL MINE!!! ha ha ha <br /><br />Jacquie <br />ERG IT OFF!