Like to Try Partnering

LynnHay
Paddler

Like to Try Partnering

Post by LynnHay » October 29th, 2007, 5:18 pm

I am new to the forum, but I've been erging for about a year now. This should be an eye-opening experience. I have never kept track of how far I row. I just hop on and row! How does online partnering work?

yksin
Paddler

Re: Like to Try Partnering

Post by yksin » November 1st, 2007, 9:51 pm

LynnHay wrote:I am new to the forum, but I've been erging for about a year now. This should be an eye-opening experience. I have never kept track of how far I row. I just hop on and row! How does online partnering work?
Greetings Lynn, I'm up for partnering if you are. I've not had a workout partner ever before either, but I think the basic idea is:

* we both set up online logbooks

* we find out & give each other (privately) our ranking ID numbers, which are found on the Profile's setting portion of our logs' Profile settings pages

* on the Training Partner's section of our logs' Profile settings pages, we enter each other's ranking ID#. This is what the info given on that page says about this feature:
Training Partners

Becoming “Training Partners” enables two or more people to view each others' logbooks. There is no limit to the number of Training Partners a person can have.

To set up a "training partner", you enter the ranking ID number for the person you wish to have as a training partner into the field provided (your ranking ID number is found in your profile settings) on your Profile page. That person will then see your name appear as a ‘pending’ training partner in their logbook on the Profile page. As soon as your training partner enters your ranking ID number into their log, your partnership is established.

Once the partnership is set up - their name will appear on the Profile page along with a link to a modified log page that shows the meters that your partner has rowed - this way you and your partner can keep track of the meters that each other has rowed. The modified log shows distance, time, date rowed, weight class of the rower, whether the piece was done on the water, slides, or just the rower and the comments.
* From there, I'd gather it's up to us. I think bascially to get an understading of each other's specific training goals & to help encourage each other in meeting those goals (i.e., we don't necessarily have to have the same goals or do the exact same workouts, though we might from time to time if we want).

I'd be happy to give it a try, if you'd like to as well.

Basic info: I'm 48, female, currently directing my energies towards weight loss (or actually, to be more accurate, fat loss), both for general health & particularly to prevent diabetes & other obesity-related lifestyle diseases. I've had the erg for just short of a month, am currently averaging about 4,211 meters per day of days actually rowed, which right now is about 6 days out of the week. I have pretty good dietary habits now (I made that change early last year), & am working to have good physical fitness habits too.

I'll hope to hear from you. Thanks!

-- Mel :mrgreen:[/list]

blue_heron
Paddler

re: rowing partner

Post by blue_heron » November 8th, 2007, 9:10 pm

Lynn,
don't know if you received previous message, but still looking for a partner. have you found one yet, or are you still looking? your training # gets mine. could use the "companionship".
Mary