Over 55? Can We Talk?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Barbara Davenport

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] Barbara Davenport » June 6th, 2005, 5:27 pm

I'm 60, an erger & writer. I'm writing a short piece about erging for a national magazine & I'm looking for ergers 55-95 to interview about their experience erging for weight loss, general fitness, and competition. If you'd be willing to talk with me by email or phone, I'd love to hear from you.<br />Barbara Davenport<br />bbdavenport@cox.net

[old] Schiffhouer

Post by [old] Schiffhouer » June 8th, 2005, 4:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Barbara Davenport+Jun 6 2005, 05:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Barbara Davenport @ Jun 6 2005, 05:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm 60, an erger & writer. I'm writing a short piece about erging for a national magazine & I'm looking for ergers 55-95 to interview about their experience erging for weight loss, general fitness, and competition. If you'd be willing to talk with me by email or phone, I'd love to hear from you.<br />Barbara Davenport<br />bbdavenport@cox.net <br /> </td></tr></table><br />I'm Bob Schiffhouer. I am 60 will be 61 in one month. I have been rowing since I picked up a used model C about 10 years ago. I do about 10K every day. I keep records but I am not to sure what some of the numbers mean --but I am part German and a number is a number.

[old] jnfieldsmit

Post by [old] jnfieldsmit » June 12th, 2005, 12:09 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Barbara Davenport+Jun 6 2005, 04:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Barbara Davenport @ Jun 6 2005, 04:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm 60, an erger & writer. I'm writing a short piece about erging for a national magazine & I'm looking for ergers 55-95 to interview about their experience erging for weight loss, general fitness, and competition. If you'd be willing to talk with me by email or phone, I'd love to hear from you.<br />Barbara Davenport<br />bbdavenport@cox.net <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] jnfieldsmit

Post by [old] jnfieldsmit » June 12th, 2005, 12:12 pm

56 y/o M prior college rower, intermittent C2 user; on a regular program since March for weight loss. Down 25# so far...willing to email.

[old] Ductape

Post by [old] Ductape » June 22nd, 2005, 8:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Barbara Davenport+Jun 6 2005, 05:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Barbara Davenport @ Jun 6 2005, 05:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm 60, an erger & writer. I'm writing a short piece about erging for a national magazine & I'm looking for ergers 55-95 to interview about their experience erging for weight loss, general fitness, and competition. If you'd be willing to talk with me by email or phone, I'd love to hear from you.<br />Barbara Davenport<br />bbdavenport@cox.net <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi Barbara I just had my 67th birthday on the 14th. If you are still interested I would be happy to answer any questions on erging and weight loss , general fitness

[old] Xeno

Post by [old] Xeno » June 23rd, 2005, 2:00 pm

Hi<br />I am going to forward your email to my group of rowers at the Iron Oarsman who are fifty five years or older.<br />What is your dead line?<br />XENO

[old] FrankJ

Post by [old] FrankJ » June 23rd, 2005, 6:42 pm

I sent Barbara an email several weeks ago with a brief intro and asked her, before we talked, if she had any proof that she was a writer as her intro says. I also could not find her in the C2 online rankings. Perhaps I am too paranoid but it seemed like a reasonable request to me. In any case I did not receive a response.<br /><br />Frank

[old] joanvb

Post by [old] joanvb » June 23rd, 2005, 10:46 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-FrankJ+Jun 23 2005, 05:42 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FrankJ @ Jun 23 2005, 05:42 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I sent Barbara an email several weeks ago with a brief intro and asked her, before we talked, if she had any proof that she was a writer as her intro says. I also could not find her in the C2 online rankings. Perhaps I am too paranoid but it seemed like a reasonable request to me. In any case I did not receive a response.<br /><br />Frank <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Frank,<br /><br />Here's a little proof about her writing... a link to a Book Review by Barbara in a San Diego newspaper: <a href='http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib ... 24red.html' target='_blank'>http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib ... tml</a><br /><br />Additionally, she attended our Long Beach qualifying race for the CRASH-B's, and she also attended the CRASH-B's. At both venues, she took notes and interviewed many indoor rowers. <br /> <br />You can see a photo of her on the bottom of page 9 of the most recent Concept 2 Update. She is standing behind Michelle Guerette during the CRASH-B's.<br /><br />Regarding the rankings...right now, you'll find her name at the top of the ranking for 60-69 year old women for 2000 meters. She's also on the Ancient Mariners' list in the university/club rankings.<br /><br />Hope this helps. <br /><br />Joan<br />3 x CRASH-B winner 50+ ltwt. women

[old] FrankJ

Post by [old] FrankJ » June 24th, 2005, 7:21 pm

Hi Joan,<br /><br />Thanks for the help. Guess that means that Barbara is real. Now I feel bad because the logical conclusion is that means she doesn't want to talk to me. <br /><br />Frank

[old] joanvb

Post by [old] joanvb » June 25th, 2005, 1:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-FrankJ+Jun 24 2005, 06:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FrankJ @ Jun 24 2005, 06:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Joan,<br /><br />Thanks for the help. Guess that means that Barbara is real. Now I feel bad because the logical conclusion is that means she doesn't want to talk to me.  <br /><br />Frank <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />No need to feel bad...Perhaps she's taking a break? <br /> <br />Joan

[old] FrankJ

Post by [old] FrankJ » June 25th, 2005, 2:57 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-joanvb+Jun 25 2005, 05:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(joanvb @ Jun 25 2005, 05:37 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-FrankJ+Jun 24 2005, 06:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FrankJ @ Jun 24 2005, 06:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Joan,<br /><br />Thanks for the help. Guess that means that Barbara is real. Now I feel bad because the logical conclusion is that means she doesn't want to talk to me.  <br /><br />Frank <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />No need to feel bad...Perhaps she's taking a break? <br /> <br />Joan <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Joan,<br /><br />You mean something like going on vacation. Who would go on vacation this time of the year? It's way too hot. <br /><br />From steamy (102.2 right now at my house) southern Maine.<br /><br />Frank

[old] joanvb

Post by [old] joanvb » June 25th, 2005, 10:04 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-FrankJ+Jun 25 2005, 01:57 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FrankJ @ Jun 25 2005, 01:57 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-joanvb+Jun 25 2005, 05:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(joanvb @ Jun 25 2005, 05:37 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-FrankJ+Jun 24 2005, 06:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FrankJ @ Jun 24 2005, 06:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Joan,<br /><br />Thanks for the help. Guess that means that Barbara is real. Now I feel bad because the logical conclusion is that means she doesn't want to talk to me.  <br /><br />Frank <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />No need to feel bad...Perhaps she's taking a break? <br /> <br />Joan <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Joan,<br /><br />You mean something like going on vacation. Who would go on vacation this time of the year? It's way too hot. <br /><br />From steamy (102.2 right now at my house) southern Maine.<br /><br />Frank <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Wow...That is a little warm! Barbara lives in San Diego and I'm 100 miles north in Long Beach...It's been lovely here....Maybe it's time for a trip out west for everyone...visit Xeno at the Iron Oarsman in Costa Mesa, and then to the beach. <br /><br />Joan<br />

[old] Xeno

Post by [old] Xeno » June 25th, 2005, 11:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-joanvb+Jun 25 2005, 09:04 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(joanvb @ Jun 25 2005, 09:04 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-FrankJ+Jun 25 2005, 01:57 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FrankJ @ Jun 25 2005, 01:57 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-joanvb+Jun 25 2005, 05:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(joanvb @ Jun 25 2005, 05:37 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-FrankJ+Jun 24 2005, 06:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FrankJ @ Jun 24 2005, 06:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Joan,<br /><br />Thanks for the help. Guess that means that Barbara is real. Now I feel bad because the logical conclusion is that means she doesn't want to talk to me.  <br /><br />Frank <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />No need to feel bad...Perhaps she's taking a break? <br /> <br />Joan <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Joan,<br /><br />You mean something like going on vacation. Who would go on vacation this time of the year? It's way too hot. <br /><br />From steamy (102.2 right now at my house) southern Maine.<br /><br />Frank <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Wow...That is a little warm! Barbara lives in San Diego and I'm 100 miles north in Long Beach...It's been lovely here....Maybe it's time for a trip out west for everyone...visit Xeno at the Iron Oarsman in Costa Mesa, and then to the beach. <br /><br />Joan <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] Xeno

Post by [old] Xeno » June 25th, 2005, 11:47 pm

Hi Joan<br />As a matter of fact I am meeting Barbara this Monday at the Iron Oarsman for a stroke analysis. She gets her rowing burned on a DVD which she gets to take home. I will film and coach her and at the end I will sit on the ergo too.<br />I hope you are having a great weekend.<br />Oh by the way, what is going on with the Long Beach Indoor Rowing Women's Powerhouse. We need your KMs.<br />See you soon.<br />XENO<br />

[old] joanvb

Post by [old] joanvb » June 26th, 2005, 12:56 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Xeno+Jun 25 2005, 10:47 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Xeno @ Jun 25 2005, 10:47 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Joan<br />As a matter of fact I am meeting Barbara this Monday at the Iron Oarsman for a stroke analysis.  She gets her rowing burned on a DVD which she gets to take home.  I will film and coach her and at the end I will sit on the ergo too.<br />I hope you are having a great weekend.<br />Oh by the way, what is going on with the Long Beach Indoor Rowing Women's Powerhouse.  We need your KMs.<br />See you soon.<br />XENO <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Hi Xeno,<br /><br />What a coincidence...I had no idea. (Sounds good, I need to do that, too!)<br />Regarding our ranking...I'll talk to my Long Beach erging buddies about catching up with their logging for the Iron Oarsman....You know Barbara is an Ancient Mariner....So be careful how many meters she does with you Perhaps you can get her to change her affiliation? <br /><br /> Joan