Serious Weight Loss Goals?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] NurseBobbi

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » May 13th, 2005, 8:42 am

<!--QuoteBegin-SpaCityBulldog+May 12 2005, 07:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SpaCityBulldog @ May 12 2005, 07:32 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->How about: <i>Rowing Losers</i> playing off of <i>Beautiful Losers</i> already mentioned. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />My husband suggested <i>Row versus Weight</i>, but I fear some people might be offended. Kinda clever, though. <br /><br />Combining the first two suggestions, how about <i>Row to Lose</i> or <i>Rowing to Lose</i>?<br /><br />I read about the virtual teams and would love to join one, so I hope this gets off the ground.<br /><br /><br />

[old] Specialt

Post by [old] Specialt » May 13th, 2005, 8:43 am

I'm not real particular about the team name, but I just want to make sure that the meters will be logged corrrectly. Whatever name every one is comfortable with, I am cool with. <br /><br />I'm still waiting for C2 to let us know the details because I know there were some recent changes to the rules due to the incredible number of teams/affiliations. <br /><br />Specialt

[old] Shepherd

Post by [old] Shepherd » May 14th, 2005, 9:11 am

Row pain, row gain. <br /><br />Just a thought.

[old] chipman

Post by [old] chipman » May 14th, 2005, 10:17 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Shepherd+May 14 2005, 06:11 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Shepherd @ May 14 2005, 06:11 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Row pain, row gain. <br /><br />Just a thought. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Great name! Especially for us that are also going bald!

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » May 14th, 2005, 6:51 pm

Been lurking for a week or two, but the idea of a virtual weight loss team has encouraged me to register. <br /><br />I'm up for it if it can be organised. How about <i>Winning Losers</i> or maybe <i>Losing Winners</i> as a team name.<br /><br />I'm male, 55 yo, 6 feet tall, and 118 kg (call it 260 llbs), which being brutally honest is about 70lbs more than I should be. My target is to loose 35lbs a year for two years, less than a 1lb a week. Must be possible, mustn't it?<br /><br />I try and row (at a gym) 4 times a week, either 5K or 10k, or 30mins or 1hr, as hard as I can go. And I start and finish my sessions with 20 mins on an exercise bike at moderate pace and load as warm-up and warm down. <br /><br />Wonder if we could persuade C2 to organise a log which was not kms rowed, but kg lost?<br /><br />

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » May 14th, 2005, 11:53 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-copywriter+May 14 2005, 06:51 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(copywriter @ May 14 2005, 06:51 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm up for it if it can be organised. How about <i>Winning Losers</i> or maybe <i>Losing Winners</i> as a team name.<br /><br />I'm male, 55 yo, 6 feet tall, and 118 kg (call it 260 llbs), which being brutally honest is about 70lbs more than I should be. My target is to loose 35lbs a year for two years, less than a 1lb a week. Must be possible, mustn't it? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Welcome! I like your team name suggestions best so far--even better than my own. <br /><br />Your goal seems attainable. I'm female, almost 51, 5'9" and 193.5 pounds, down from my peak of 203.5 last winter. When I was in my 20's, I weighed 128-135. I'm not sure I want to be that thin again, but I definitely want to be closer to 135 than 200. My primary goal is to feel better and to improve my fitness with permanent diet and exercise changes. We'll see what the weight, BMI, and bodyfat percentage do.<br /><br />I've had a C2 Model B since the summer of 2001, but I've never really gotten started. I finally started a on May 6 and am rowing at least 5-6 days per week. I'm up to 20 minutes per day right now, increasing my time by a few minutes every couple of days. I'm taking it easy because I've been sick, but I wanted to get started. I'm also doing weight training at my gym (warming up on their Model C) two to three times a week. <br /><br />Specialt--do you want to take care of getting our name added to the virtual teams? I think I slightly prefer <i>Winning Losers</i>, but either of Copywriter's suggestions is fine with me.<br />

[old] Specialt

Post by [old] Specialt » May 16th, 2005, 12:12 pm

Denah from C2 has said that we are set to be added to the team list but we have to choose a name. <br /><br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'>Seed me a personal message with your favorite weightloss team name.</span> </span></span> I want to have a name for denah to add by Wednesday morning. <br /><br />Once we are on the list all you have to do to become a part of the team is to edit your profile and choose "NEW TEAM NAME" from the drop down list. It's that simple.

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » May 17th, 2005, 11:42 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Specialt+May 16 2005, 12:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Specialt @ May 16 2005, 12:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I want to have a name for denah to add by Wednesday morning. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:purple'>What's the verdict? I sent you a message, so I hope you got it. I'd never used the personal message function before.</span><br /><br />

[old] Gelfey

Post by [old] Gelfey » May 18th, 2005, 1:06 am

hi <br /><br />Myself Gelfey, i few months age, i have a lot of weight to lose but i right now it ok.<br /><br />the main thing here is not to lose your patience in losing weight. Also you need some motivation for this. to lose sufficient amount of weight is not a problem but you have to move constantly not hastly. <br /><br />here is some tips & tracks about weight loss, that you can opt :<br /><br />first of all you should not lose you patience. <br />secondly,try to offer some weight loss tips. it will be beneficial for you.<br />third you can try some weight loss diet pills but with proper consult with doctor.<br /><br />i personally used xenical (A FDA approved pill) ,a safer site pill ,can give you some relief. but it should be done with a proper consult with doctor.<br /><br />last week i visited a site that has a lot of information on weight loss and diet pills .<br /><br />i am refering it you for more information, visit <a href='http://www.slimtour.com' target='_blank'>http://www.slimtour.com</a>

[old] Specialt

Post by [old] Specialt » May 18th, 2005, 11:06 am

I didn't get too many votes but the winner is <span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>"Row pain, Row gain"</span></span></span>. Keep checking your profile page to see when it has been added. All of your meters logged this year will be transferred from your current team (if you have one) and added to the new team total.<br /><br />This is going to be so much fun!!!!<br /><br />

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » May 18th, 2005, 1:50 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Specialt+May 18 2005, 11:06 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Specialt @ May 18 2005, 11:06 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I didn't get too many votes but the winner is <span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>"Row pain, Row gain"</span></span></span>.  Keep checking your profile page to see when it has been added.  All of your meters logged this year will be transferred from your current team (if you have one) and added to the new team total.<br /><br />This is going to be so much fun!!!! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>Our team is listed. I just added it to my profile. And guess what? We're NOT in last place, even though I'm the only member so far. We're currently 245 out of all 273 teams in total meters and 195 of 273 in meters/member. For virtual teams, we're 20/22 for total meters and 19/22 for meters/member.<br /><br />Just wait until all of us have added our meters!</span>

[old] Downeythunderchicken

Post by [old] Downeythunderchicken » May 19th, 2005, 6:28 am

I too have a serious amount of weight to lose and am usinsg the CR2 machine at my local Ballys gym. I am working to remove at least 245 pounds I am hesitant to get on a scale to see the numbers yet but I can tell by the way my clothes hang that something good is happening. Good luck to you and me too.My complaint is my thighs,hips and low back,neck and upper back .Bad form and arthritist but this to shall pass Suni<!--QuoteBegin-jkarr+May 2 2005, 01:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(jkarr @ May 2 2005, 01:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->My name is Jeremy.  We bought our rower about a year ago and I am just now starting to use it.  I am looking to loose a large amount of weight.  The amount of weight I am looking to loose is about 200 pounds. I have already lost 24 pounds.  So as to your original question I am looking to loose a lot.  Good luck on your weight loss and lets make this happen.  By the way, I started at 472 pounds.  I am be the biggest person in history using the concept rower. Maybe that can be my claim to fame for now.  The 200 pound weight loss is the one I really want though.  <br /><br />Jeremy <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] Godfried

Post by [old] Godfried » May 19th, 2005, 12:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Downeythunderchicken+May 19 2005, 12:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Downeythunderchicken @ May 19 2005, 12:28 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->. . . I am hesitant to get on a scale  to see the numbers yet but I can tell by the way my clothes hang that something good is happening . . . </td></tr></table><br />I think it is important to know what you have accomplished, and to monitor your progress.<br />You will be sorry at the end if you miss this data - so take the time to get your weight, and the size of your arms, legs , chest and belly etc.<br />If you are scared to know it yourself, ask someone to do it for you, and tell you in a year or so.

[old] little weed

Post by [old] little weed » May 19th, 2005, 5:09 pm

i used to get someone at the gym to write down my weight, and not tell me what it was, then next time they would just tell me what i had lost (or gained ), and so on. however, things didn't really start to happen for me until i actually took the plunge, bought some scales and faced up to looking at the numbers. i haven't looked back since. i was plump, though not terribly overweight, but even so it took a lot of courage to get on the scales the first time and i must admit i was disappointed to see my weight was almost as much as when i was 9 months pregnant some years ago, and that was after i had done a few weeks of regular erging. now i am back to being lighter than before my pregnancies i'm still "dieting" and have my next target set for another 3.5 kilos - then i'll see how i feel and maybe set another target.<br /><br />good luck everyone and try to support each other, because that is very motivating. on another forum i joined in a weekly weigh in - just sharing how much we had lost that week, and those who wanted to shared their weight as well. we did the weigh in on monday, because it helped to stop us from indulging over the weekend! <br /><br />jane

[old] Rowmum

Post by [old] Rowmum » May 19th, 2005, 5:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Gelfey+May 18 2005, 06:06 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Gelfey @ May 18 2005, 06:06 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hi <br /><br />Myself Gelfey, i few months age, i have a lot of weight to lose but i right now it ok.<br /><br /><br />i personally used xenical (A FDA approved pill) ,a safer site pill ,can give you some relief. but it should be done with a proper consult with doctor.<br /><br />last week i visited a site that has a lot of information on weight loss and diet pills .<br /><br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi there,<br />I have lost a lot of weight while rowing.<br />I threw out my scales years ago(in frustration), but I have gone down three sizes already.<br />I just wanted to warn you for the use of pills; it´s your body and your life, but PLEASE be careful; they can have dangerous side-effects!!!<br />You didn´t get big over a short period, so you can not lose the weight in a healthy way over a short period.<br />I know it´s hard, because you can get pretty fed(or fat) up with yourself(for me the worst moments were looking in windows and mirrors at stores or shopping malls, not prepared for the shock of reality).<br />But just changing your lifestyle will eventually give you the best and the longest lasting results.<br /><b>you are woth the effort and you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /></b>Good luck,<br />Andrea<br /><br />