Just Joined Last Night

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] pat38915

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] pat38915 » June 7th, 2005, 3:14 pm

i love this forum, alth i havent been here long, and i may not be posting in the right place, but ill learn. <br /> to all of you that are dieting, ive lost 25 lbs, counting fat grams and walking 2 miles a day on the treadmill..id like to challenge you to exercise..thanks..pat

[old] John Rupp

Post by [old] John Rupp » June 7th, 2005, 3:30 pm

hi pat.. <br /><br />you're in the right place and welcome to the forum.<br /><br />that's great you've lost 25 pounds... fantastic! ... good for you! <br /><br />i also like to run and walk... before rowing...<br /><br />i hope you'll keep having lots of fun... and thanks much for your encouragement

[old] NurseBobbi

Post by [old] NurseBobbi » June 7th, 2005, 4:46 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-pat38915+Jun 7 2005, 03:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(pat38915 @ Jun 7 2005, 03:14 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i love this forum, alth i havent been here long, and i may not be posting in the right place, but ill learn. <br /> to all of you that are dieting, ive lost 25 lbs, counting fat grams and walking 2 miles a day on the treadmill..id like to challenge you to exercise..thanks..pat <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:green'>Hi, Pat,<br /><br />Welcome! Congrats on the weight loss! In addition to rowing, I do weight training and walk with my dogs. I also do daily physical therapy exercises for my arthritic right hip. Those make me sweat, too!</span><br /><br /><br />

[old] pat38915

Post by [old] pat38915 » June 7th, 2005, 7:08 pm

hiya again.....yes, by all means break out in a good sweat, that helps a lot..<br />i walk on the treadmill when dr,phil comes on and i have a large fan in my exercise room, and i turn it on low and get with the program..<br /> i have had a heart attack and open heart surgery,so this is a must for me..<br />last year when i had my yearly checkup the cardiologist told me i had to lose<br />25 lbs..at that time i weighed 150 lbs and im only 5ft 4 in...so actually ive lost more than 25, im weighing in at 120 lbs now..<br />im 64 years young and i dont want to be a twiggy, but i am pretty proud of myself now..my body looks been than it did when i graduated from high school...i can still make some heads turn...hey i also , toot my own horn...but i ate as few fat grams as i possibly could and then id burn them up on the treadmill..<br />i challenge you, if you dont have a treadmill buddy, get one, or ill be your buddy, and we can lose and maintain at the same time..thanks..pat

[old] John Rupp

Post by [old] John Rupp » June 7th, 2005, 7:23 pm

that is wonderful pat.... i am very proud of you!!

[old] pat38915

Post by [old] pat38915 » June 8th, 2005, 8:11 am

Goodmorning to all..<br /><br />Another beautiful day, lets do something good for our bodies today..<br />i may be out of line, but a good friend of mine passed away yesterday<br />and id like to ask you if you believe in prayer to please pray for this family..<br />if this comment is not allowed, im so sorry..<br />ok lets get up and get started...hit the treadmill, walk the dog, get those muscles<br />going and then go faster...see you at the end of the street...lol

[old] chipman

Post by [old] chipman » June 8th, 2005, 9:20 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-pat38915+Jun 8 2005, 05:11 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(pat38915 @ Jun 8 2005, 05:11 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Good morning to all..<br /><br />Another beautiful day, lets do something good for our bodies today..<br />i may be out of line, but a good friend of mine passed away yesterday<br />and id like to ask you if you believe in prayer to please pray for this family..<br />if this comment is not allowed, im so sorry..<br />ok lets get up and get started...hit the treadmill, walk the dog, get those muscles<br />going and then go faster...see you at the end of the street...lol <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Pat, enjoy your posts and your enthusiasm is contagious, but I have one question. You do realize this message board is devoted to rowing machines, don't you?