RowPro Too Unreliable to Buy

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
sledgehammer
2k Poster

RowPro works fine...Great program.

Post by sledgehammer » March 2nd, 2007, 11:35 am

My 2 cents....

I, too, have been using RP for years. It works fine for me, and I would scream if someone tried to take it away from me.

Over the years there have been typical software bugs, but Pete and his team are responsive. (Much more responsive than you will ever get from a typical software company).

If you invest in an erg, and have a PC, you should not shortchange yourself. Buy RP. row online with others a few times. You will love it, and it will make a difference in your workouts.

Ernie

Ron
Paddler

Post by Ron » March 4th, 2007, 11:21 am

michaeln wrote:
michaelb wrote:Have you used RP successfully offline on several occasions, or have you always had problems?
I've been doing the tryout for about a week. At least 1/2 the time it has some kind of problem. I'm tired of screwing with it. If they want $99 for it, they better get the warts out of it.

Right now, it just gets in my way when I want to work out on the rower, and that's inexcusable for a commercial product. I live and work in the Linux environment most of the time, and there is tons of FAR more complicated and higher quality software out there for Linux that is FREE. Every hack programming for Windows thinks his crap is valuable and charges for it.

What a joke.
Michaeln
I really do not think you have given RP a fair chance. I think it is an awesome program and it is hard for me to conceive of the technology that will allow me to actually row with other rowers on the other side of the world. I think that in a sense I have made friends with many of these great rowers. It is motivating to me even without the internet part of RP. I have found many of the flaws have been minimized and that
90% of the time the internet rows go off without a hitch. Considering the technology behind that I think that is remarkable and Pete and staff are constantly working to improve RP.
So, Michael, hang in there and perhaps you will find that some of the problems you are experiencing may be on your side and due to your inexperience with the program. Keep playing with it and learn about all its features and some of its quirks....I think that you will someday think that $99 is a small price to pay for all the features you get for a lifetime. My humble opinion. Ron

If I haven't made myself clear.....I THINK RP IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

coggs
2k Poster

Post by coggs » March 4th, 2007, 11:42 am

>>If I haven't made myself clear.....I THINK RP IS AWESOME!!!!!!!<<

Ditto!
If you don't try, you will never know how bad you suck.

Master D (54) / 208#
500M/1:38, 2K/7:02.3, 6K/22:17, 10K/38:31, 30'/7,700M, 60'/15,331M, HM /1hr 23:03 (all done back in 2007)

Couch Potato
500m Poster

Post by Couch Potato » March 4th, 2007, 1:20 pm

"If I haven't made myself clear.....I THINK RP IS AWESOME!!!!!!!"

I too think it is a brilliant piece of software. Rowing online against some of the quickest people around pushes your own limits to bring the best out of yourself. I am sure if you took the time to research the problems you are having - posting on here for one - solutions can be found. I have a basic PC setup and have had one problem; keyboard/seat interface had dodgy digits!
Pete and his team have done an excellent job and continue to work at improving RowPro.

Hennie Martini
1k Poster

Post by Hennie Martini » March 4th, 2007, 1:42 pm

It's just a good tool for motivation!...it has some errors but I can live with them knowing that they will be solved not long from now :)

I had today a very good row on RP with a lot of other good rowers!

Hennie
[url=http://www.c2ctc.com/]Cross Team Challenge[/url] 8)

FrankJ
1k Poster

Post by FrankJ » March 4th, 2007, 5:56 pm

Well said Hennie. I just checked my RP log and it starts on March 11, 2003. My total RP metes is now up to 8,631,769. The C2 erg would just be an exercise machine without. Now RowPro is my training plan, log book and link to a whole group of online rowers who keep my training and racing very interesting.

Frank
[size=75][color=blue]M 61 6'3'' (1.90m) 195lbs (88kg)
500m-1:30.4 1K-3:17.6 2K-6:50.5 5K-17:59.9 6K-21:38.6 10K-36:54.1 HM-1:19:53.7 FM-2:47.08.6 30m-8151 60m-15862 [/color][/size]