Just ordered my Model D today and I'm so psyched!!!!!!!!!

Rowing for weight loss or weight control? Start here.
Boxing Diva
Paddler

Just ordered my Model D today and I'm so psyched!!!!!!!!!

Post by Boxing Diva » February 13th, 2007, 10:50 pm

Hi! I am a divorced Mom and I will be turning 50 in June. I have been very active fitness-wise more as an adult than any other time in my life. I have struggled with my weight most of my life and although I am not "overweight" (I am 6' tall weigh 185) I would like to get leaner. I have been boxing since 2004 and it has been the absolute best thing I've ever done for my body (I only spar with my trainer with full protective gear). I rowed on a Concept 2 last summer at a gym where I had a guest membership. It was the closest to how I felt at the end of several rounds of heavy bag work - both in endurance and muscle. Unfortunately, I will be doing less boxing training only because my gym no longer allows children and, as a single Mom, I don't have a consistent sitter available to me. Fortunately, I will now have my own Concept 2.
My goal is to shave at least 25 lbs. off of my frame. O.k., I'll settle for 15. I am eager to learn some of the training programs available and also to hear from others like myself. I can use all the help I can get!
Thanks for listening!

Boxing Diva
(soon to be Rowing Diva!)
"Impossible is Nothing!"

Skip
Paddler

Post by Skip » February 14th, 2007, 8:13 am

Awsome, way to go Boxing Diva! Congrats on placing the order. I was there a week ago - My new C2 came last thursday - fantastic investment. (I can relate, turned 50 last year, etc, etc.) The C2 is a great workout and having access at home is so convenient. Won't be long now, go, go Rowing Diva!
-Skip

Widgeon
500m Poster

Post by Widgeon » February 14th, 2007, 11:47 pm

Welcome BoxingDiva! I've been using my erg for several years, and got it initially for the excellent workout it provides the majority of my body. You will be pleased.

Feel free to come post on the Woman's forum, and let me invite you to row on our virtual rowing team, Ducks in a Row. We have a great online community, and are always excited to have new people join us.

Congratulations on ordering your C2, let us know when you get it!

Pam

Boxing Diva
Paddler

Thank You

Post by Boxing Diva » February 15th, 2007, 9:20 pm

Thanks
I will post to the Women's Forum - actually I didn't even see there was one. There is so much here I overlooked it. I would love to become a fellow "duck." As soon as I get acclimated, I will.I hope its o.k. if I write you with questions about the training programs - it appears a little foreign to me right now. I'm sure once I get my C2 things will come along quickly. I am interested in knowing how many of you gals achieved your weight loss goals with rowing? I did it for about a month and I got the same workout I do when I go rounds on the heavy bag (I also box). It was amazing. I feel it will step up my cardio betond what it is right now. The beauty of it is that I can wake up early before getting ready for work and work out without having to worry about my son - he can remain sleeping - don't need a sitter, or leave the house. I'm sure many of you know just what I mean.
Well, I will check back with you tomorrow. Thanks for reading my post and writing back.

Boxing Diva
"Impossible is Nothing!"