Around the World Row!

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Post by Bob S. » January 16th, 2007, 8:32 pm

danwho wrote: Bob, you're never an interruption. BTW, have you considered joining The Eh! Team? Canada is a beautiful country, eh?
Unfortunately, I have never seen it in person, but I have seen plenty of spectacular photos.

As far as joining is concerned, I do appreciate an invitation. I have found your team inspiring in many ways — spirit, friendliness, ingenuity (the round the world row is a great concept), and general team spirit. However, I have (had?) my own (one member) team, the “Owens Lake Yacht Club.” (FYI: Over one hundred years ago an eighty foot steamer plied the waters of Owens Lake. Those waters have long since been drained away to fill the swimming pools of the City of Los Angeles.)

Then, on this thread, there was a flurry of messages about being able to belong to more than one JVC team at once. I thought that this was a bit strange, but finally decided, “What the heck? Why not take advantage of it?” I spotted that my old OTW club, the Long Beach Rowing Association, had organized a JVC team under the same name. I am no longer an actively participating member of LBRA since I moved inland. However, I have maintained a supporting membership and found that I was eligible to join the JVC group. I have done this and noted yesterday that I was listed as being on the two teams, as were a number of other participants.

Today, it was a different story. With a 15k workout plus warm ups and a cool down, I racked up almost 22k for the day. I entered it all in my logbook and checked the status the “OLYC” and did not find it listed any more. It looks like belonging to two clubs has backfired. In any case, I would be very leery about adding another club at this point.

Have any of your group run into problems with joint membership in the two Canadian teams?

Bob S.

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 16th, 2007, 8:55 pm

Bob S. wrote:Have any of your group run into problems with joint membership in the two Canadian teams?
No problems here. I haven't verified that the number is right other than noticing it always goes up when I log more meters. But the number is always the same on both January Virtual Teams.

margaret
500m Poster

2 teams

Post by margaret » January 17th, 2007, 1:34 am

No problems here either. I'm also rowing 2 teams.
F45, HW
Feel the best I can, Do the most I can, Thank God
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1169360601.png[/img]

kit44
Paddler

Post by kit44 » January 17th, 2007, 10:37 am

I'm also rowing two teams with no problems - maybe Team Canada (cheeky buggers) found a way to make it so that only THEY can have the doubles!
I rowed the CTC today - nothing like Cynthia's time of course - holy cow, Cynthia! I decided to try for a regular PB (meaning an outrageous high stroke rate!) in 1 k as well, and managed to get my best time in two years - but still a few seconds off my all-time best. (and way, way off Cynthia's time at 24 spm - "Do not compare yourself with others for you will become vain and bitter" Desiderata) Sigh. Don't know if it's getting older or not so much training for speed that's the cause.
BTW - many thanks for all the birthday greetings, but it's coming up, not just past - and don't rush it, since I'm aiming to do the 2k on that day! I've got a long way to go and only a couple of weeks to do it!
Kit

Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 17th, 2007, 12:08 pm

Best wishes to our Cap! and inspirator!!!

Go Birk Go,

Only did a 10k, so don't worry!!

Team is doing great!!, Eh!

So keep this pace up!!

Around the Globe is great, but the JVC??
Let's keep rowing!!

Groeten uit Gouda!!
Tyn

M42H

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. So row well and live."

"Nobody move! I've dropped me brain!"

cynthia
Paddler

Post by cynthia » January 17th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Tyn, look at you, you're catching everyone pretty fast! Every day you move up several places through the pack...how long before you pass Brigitte and Maragaret??

Kit, not to worry re the CTC, I might just be bigger and have an advantage on the rate. You've got a lot of meters in for the JVC!

Cynthia

DavidA
10k Poster

Post by DavidA » January 18th, 2007, 4:47 pm

Tyn,
Keep up those meters, at least as long as you let me have more meters than you for the month :lol: :lol:
We might make it across Canada for January!

David
63 y / 70 kg / 172 cm / 5 kids / 17 grandkids :)
Received my model C erg 18-Dec-1994
my log

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 18th, 2007, 11:31 pm

Great rowin' team.

Our Eh!Team boat has gone smokin' through Honduras and we are almost through El Salvador
The rain forest here look beautiful.
Image Has anyone been there?

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » January 19th, 2007, 7:28 pm

cynthia wrote:Every day you move up several places through the pack...how long before you pass Brigitte and Maragaret??
Hey, don't encourage him, Cynthia!!! (And don't you dare, Tyn!!! ... :twisted: ) He already is cheeky enough!!! :lol:

Great time on the CTC, Kit! It will be tough to keep up with all you girls! But probably I will skip it this month ... I have been ill for a few days, and it will be hard enough to catch up on the lost days. But have to try before Margaret disappears beyond the horizon ...

David, wow, you make lots of meters for our team, too! Great rowing! Hm, as Jim shows, we currently aren't in Canada but in El Salvador and slowly approaching Mexico, but maybe our next trip will be along the coasts of Canada? (*hint* *hint* ... your key word, Jim! :lol: )

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 20th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Guatemala, all ready! Fantastic rowin' hosers.

The ancient Mayan culture looks very interesting.

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 20th, 2007, 4:15 pm

Well, I did my rowing for the CTC, had to wait about an hour for the coughing to stop, and then did my rowing for the JVC. Thank goodness we don't have any more three-letter acronymns or I'd be RTC - readying the casket.

Cynthia, it might look like I was aiming for you, but I wasn't. I had no idea what I was up for today, but I was holding about a 1:47 average pace for a good while. I didn't think I was going to have much left for a strong finish but I figured I should be able to have a 1:48 average or better when it was done, even with some slow down. But the last 200 meters or so were pretty tough, and I ended up with a 1:48.8 average pace, and a time just 1/10 second ahead of yours.

Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 20th, 2007, 5:23 pm

Sorry Team, only did 6k today,but

I did what all canadians do all day,............... chop some wood, had a little storm over here so lots of chooping to do!

And yes I broke 2 axes, and 4 for the lot of us!
Eh!team is going very strong!!
Let's keep this up!

Let's do 10% more every day we worlout,
I will do 10k , Eh! 11k un the Sunday!!

We will hit Canada this month!!

We can Do it!!

And yes I will catch up with Birgitte!!
Even if it kills me doing it!

Otherwise Captain two will, watch out for this little guy, he has learned how to row, so watch him!!

GO TEAM GO, Eh!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :)
Tyn

M42H

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. So row well and live."

"Nobody move! I've dropped me brain!"

Tinpusher
2k Poster

Post by Tinpusher » January 20th, 2007, 6:51 pm

No apologies necessary Tyn! Everybody does what they can manage, there are no targets although Bri can be a bit tough on us if we don't pull our weight. I have a lot of weight and so must pull a lot more than most
PB yesterday in the 60 minutes: 15911m. Very pleased. My goal for the year was 16000 so not much further. I remember how happy I was when I broke 15000 for the fist time!
Nice row in the CTC Dan. Its not a pleasant experience is it? I tried it again the other day and was nowhere near strong enough. Too many metres in the JVC I think.
I'm now going to do what all Canadians do on a Saturday night, watch hockey.
Go Leafs Go!!!!!

Dave
David Chmilowskyj
M 56 6ft 4in/1.94m 230lb/105kg
Team Oarsome

cynthia
Paddler

Post by cynthia » January 20th, 2007, 9:17 pm

Yes Dan, I saw your little teaser today. .1 second eh! I will have to see if I can do anything about that before the end of the month....... Congratulations, that was a good time.

Cynthia

RR1 Kirk
1k Poster

Post by RR1 Kirk » January 21st, 2007, 9:46 am

Congrats Dave on your new hour PB. I see it's put you over the 8000 pt. mark in Nonathlon, good work.

Nice row in the CTC Dan. I'll have to see if I can drop another couple of seconds to get back into boat I. I don't remember being totally spent, but 2 seconds is a lot more to ask.

Cynthia, good luck on your next CTC attempt.

Everyone else, I see we're putting in a lot of meters. I've had a couple of off days so I guess it's time to stop slacking.

Go EH TEAM!
Kirk Nelson [img]http://www.c2forum.com/images/avatars/338518880475195dbd7bd8.jpg[/img]
49yrs, 5'7.5", 145 lb.
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1167078175.png[/img]
"It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg Lemond