Around the World Row!

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
cynthia
Paddler

Post by cynthia » January 13th, 2007, 6:23 pm

BriK wrote:
Cynthia, great to see you here on the board! Do you have RowPro or would you like to try it out? If so, you are more than welcome, if you would like to join us for an online row next week! Also, if you like to go fast, have you already had a look at the Cross Team Challenge: http://www.c2ctc.com ?
Hi Brigitte

As much as I love some friendly competition, I use the erg at the rowing club so don't have use of RowPro. My laptop is an iBook so I don't know if I could run RowPro? I did have a look at the Cross Team Challenge but thought there was only one woman per team and it looked to me as if all the teams have a woman who has already posted......however, I'll fit in a 1k piece @24 somewhere in the next few days that will hopefully be reasonably competitive.

I see The Eh Team is doing reasonably well in the standings for the January Challenge!

Cynthia

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 14th, 2007, 9:32 am

cynthia wrote:but thought there was only one woman per team and it looked to me as if all the teams have a woman who has already posted
Hi Cynthia, the way CTC works, there has to be at least one woman per team but there is no maximum. Actually, there could be a team of all women - one woman would meet the 'female' requirement, one woman would have to meet the 'lightweight' requirement, and then three more. So go for it! And now that I'm being so encouraging, I guess I should do it myself. :roll:
I've been losing my holiday weight and now I'm pretty close to lightweight status again - so I think I'll wait just a little bit and see if I can do the CTC as a lightweight.

cynthia
Paddler

Post by cynthia » January 14th, 2007, 1:29 pm

Thanks Dan - I did my piece this morning and added it to the CTC page.

Cynthia

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » January 14th, 2007, 2:50 pm

cynthia wrote:Thanks Dan - I did my piece this morning and added it to the CTC page.

Cynthia
What Cynthia so modestly refers to as "did my piece" is an incredible row with a time of 3:37.7 , moving up the boat by 6 places!!!!! :shock: She is the fastest women in the race!!!! Awesome rowing, Cynthia!!!

As for RowPro: as far as I know, it doesn't run on a Mac, and for doing online races at your Rowing Club, you would also need a stable Internet connection. But I hope at your rowing club you have many occasions for real life races?

Our JVC Team is doing great on the challenge! Everybody is doing a great job, and row more and more often than than usual. Keep up the good work, All Stars!!!

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 14th, 2007, 5:48 pm

Awsome row, Cynthia!
Congratulations.

I must get off my butt and post a row for the C2C challenge. I think I can schedule it over the next day or 2.

Our Eh!Team boat is moving at an incredible pace. I have been working on some means of being able to post and modify google earth files for the Eh!Team members for our coastal row. I think i almost have it.

In its present format:
If you are an Eh!Team member
You can download the file
Modify it
Upload it back for other team members to see and modify

Is everyone OK with this?

Keep on rowin', eh.
Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 14th, 2007, 6:13 pm

ulu wrote:Awsome row, Cynthia!
Congratulations.

I must get off my butt and post a row for the C2C challenge. I think I can schedule it over the next day or 2.

Our Eh!Team boat is moving at an incredible pace. I have been working on some means of being able to post and modify google earth files for the Eh!Team members for our coastal row. I think i almost have it.

In its present format:
If you are an Eh!Team member
You can download the file
Modify it
Upload it back for other team members to see and modify

Is everyone OK with this?

Keep on rowin', eh.
Jim
I didn't do CTC for a while but this one is Good, so I will try one 1K @24 tommorow!!

Aiming for a 1:47 at the highest Df I can get! where the H@ll is my stofzuiger!!??

Can I be of help for up or downloading!!
Please say so! and explain what to do!!

Happy Rowing!

And go Eh!

The Avg is great!!

GUG

Groeten uit Gouda
'Greetings from Gouda'
Tyn

M42H

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. So row well and live."

"Nobody move! I've dropped me brain!"

Tinpusher
2k Poster

Post by Tinpusher » January 14th, 2007, 6:26 pm

Way to go, Cynthia!
Tyn,
Don't crank the DF up it doesn't help much except give you back ache. Around 120-130 is plenty, just make each stroke long.
Dave
David Chmilowskyj
M 56 6ft 4in/1.94m 230lb/105kg
Team Oarsome

Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 14th, 2007, 6:46 pm

Tinpusher wrote:Way to go, Cynthia!
Tyn,
Don't crank the DF up it doesn't help much except give you back ache. Around 120-130 is plenty, just make each stroke long.
Dave
Sorry Cynthia!!

But Cynthia! great row!

I know everthing about backpain, I hade surgery on it, and since I started rowing on the C2 I'm feel more then fine!

I tried to crank up the Df upto 300, a tip from the 'german answer' but it didn't work.

High DF is not cool, but sometimes it feels great!!

For my 'normal' rows I use to be on 125/135 at a s10mps! and I love it

Row , team ,Row, Eh!

You Canadians speak french don't yuo!!

Isn't eh!

.....Hein! in French

But Hein is a German!!

Just food gor thought!!

GUG
Tyn

M42H

Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Post by Bob S. » January 15th, 2007, 12:45 am

Tyn wrote: I tried to crank up the Df upto 300, a tip from the 'german answer' but it didn't work.
High DF is not cool, but sometimes it feels great!!
For my 'normal' rows I use to be on 125/135 at a s10mps! and I love it
Row , team ,Row, Eh!
You Canadians speak french don't yuo!!
Isn't eh!
.....Hein! in French
But Hein is a German!!
Just food gor thought!!
GUG
Food for thought? I thought that it was called "stream of consciousness."

Bob S.

P.S. to Eh! Team. Please excuse the personal interruption.

Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 15th, 2007, 12:04 pm

hi team,

Did my 10k for today, but failed to get the:
Aiming for a 1:47
Couldn't get the Sr under 25, so I will give it another try this week!! when I feel stronger!

Keep on Rowing, Be Happy!!

Btw: What is wrong with Tofu?
Tyn

M42H

DavidA
10k Poster

Post by DavidA » January 15th, 2007, 5:41 pm

Hey Tyn,
What happened to the ~ 6 km per day you do? :x Your doing 10 km a day is going to make it very difficult for me to stay ahead of you :P :D for the JVC.
I am going to have to make sure I have enough cheese, and ice cream, available :lol: B) .

David
63 y / 70 kg / 172 cm / 5 kids / 17 grandkids :)
Received my model C erg 18-Dec-1994
my log

Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Post by Bob S. » January 15th, 2007, 5:58 pm

Tyn wrote: Btw: What is wrong with Tofu?
Probably O.K. in moderation, but there was a thread here awhile back about a problem with something in soy that could be deleterious if it was used as your main protein source. I don't remember where you can find this information.

Bob S.

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 15th, 2007, 7:22 pm

Bob S. wrote:P.S. to Eh! Team. Please excuse the personal interruption.
Bob, you're never an interruption. BTW, have you considered joining The Eh! Team? Canada is a beautiful country, eh?

margaret
500m Poster

progress chart

Post by margaret » January 16th, 2007, 1:23 am

Brigitte, slick chart for your million meters. Where did you get that? Would it save me having to manually add up all my meters B) ? Great progress! How're you doing with it? I see you are used to rowing more meters than me to start with (on the team standings page). I finally caught up with myself and hit sort of a wall this weekend--had enough time, but was so bored with the erg and spent some time well with my kids. Sigh, now I'll have to catch up again :shock: . But I was refreshed today.

I like being inspired by those fast 1K times. Probably won't try again this month so I don't burn out, but maybe next month. My long distance times are improving, anyway. Got back down to a 60 min @2:25; my PB a few years ago was @2:18, so I think can get faster if I'm consistent. But it's been a few decades since a 2k in less than 8 min. :lol: Way to go Cynthia!
F45, HW
Feel the best I can, Do the most I can, Thank God
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1169360601.png[/img]

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 16th, 2007, 1:26 am

We have made it into Nicargua and our boat continues to fly.

We have cracked the 50,000,000 meter barrier! Congratulations to all. We will be in Vermont in no time

My preliminary calculations put a rough guess of 57,779,503 meters to circle North and South America by the coastal route. I have not worked on the coasts of Asia, Europe, Australia .... at all. The American coastal route needs a lot more refinement, but I think we can do this "on the fly".

I should be able to get a prelimnary website with the tentative route up in a day or two. I will need you hosers to help with the route planning and refinement.

I also need a nice rowing graphic about 700 pixels wide and 130 pixels height to use as the header for our coastal row site.

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here