Around the World Row!

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 11th, 2007, 11:11 am

Hi Kit,

I wish you luck!!

I just joined this great team!!

Thank you for having me!!

Did HM today! I hope it shows up on GE!!

The sun must be up now in Canada! so start your C2's!!

Say Cheese!!
Tyn

M42H

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. So row well and live."

"Nobody move! I've dropped me brain!"

RR1 Kirk
1k Poster

Post by RR1 Kirk » January 11th, 2007, 11:15 am

Hi Kit, Welcome.
The conversation has been going on for 50 some pages here, and I forget how many on the old forum. Jump in.
Good luck on the 2K and the rest of your goals. Perhaps you can join us on the www.c2ctc.com challenge? It's lots of fun. :wink:

Cheers,
Kirk Nelson [img]http://www.c2forum.com/images/avatars/338518880475195dbd7bd8.jpg[/img]
49yrs, 5'7.5", 145 lb.
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1167078175.png[/img]
"It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg Lemond

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » January 11th, 2007, 2:28 pm

ulu wrote:Here are sample pictures of hosers:
... a little more intelligent, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must have a look if I can find that movie here. Somehow that left guy looks familiar, but I can't remember where from ...
kit44 wrote:I just thought I'd pop my head in to say hi to my new team before going off to row, but it feels like I've jumped into a private conversation!
Kit, don't worry, all whippings here are public! :wink:

So ... eh! ... Jim, take care that Linda doesn't find out about Bernadette B) .
danwho wrote:Well, I guess at -30, it's the Home Brew that's keeping ya going, eh?
That probably explains a few things ...
ddonohue wrote: How about a good ole

wha?
Daniel(?), seems you magically disappeared from the Wha? Team again ...? :wink:

Tyn, good to have you here! Did you do your HM before or after you signed up on the Eh! Team? I think it will only show up on Google Earth if you signed up first. Or maybe Jim can manually correct that?

Krysta, where are you? Will you row with us tonight? (Or rather this morning for you ... :wink: )

cynthia
Paddler

Post by cynthia » January 11th, 2007, 8:02 pm

Brigitte and Dan, thanks for your warm welcome...sorry I am a few days behind on my reading!

Kit, sorry that you won't be attending the Indoors - it would be fun to have more 40-49 women there. I'll be interested to hear you do on race day! I'm sure you'll find that elusive 2k pb on the right day!

Cynthia

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 11th, 2007, 10:10 pm

BriK wrote:Somehow that left guy looks familiar
Rick Moranis - also known from Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.

Happy Birthday, Kit. I recently celebrated a birthday too.

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 11th, 2007, 11:11 pm

Brigitte wrote:So ... eh! ... Jim, take care that Linda doesn't find out about Bernadette
Ok, I'll bite. Maybe Jim should find out about Bernadette first. Who is she?

We have made it over 49,000,000 meters! Congratulations, hosers.

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 11th, 2007, 11:23 pm

Tyn wrote:Did HM today! I hope it shows up on GE!!
Brik wrote:Tyn, good to have you here! Did you do your HM before or after you signed up on the Eh! Team? I think it will only show up on Google Earth if you signed up first. Or maybe Jim can manually correct that?
Tyn, I will put your half marathon in. All your rows from now on should show up automatically since you are member of the Eh!Team.

I have our Around the World Row programmed to not take any new rows/rowers of over 40 km. If it didn't work that way, you could row for another team and then just show up and all of your meters would show up in our Google Earth file. This way seems a little more fair.
Welcome aboard.
(I will just put in a standard half marathon distance for you, if it was something else let me know)

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

Shannon
500m Poster

Post by Shannon » January 12th, 2007, 2:37 am

Brigitte and I rowed together online today which was great fun. I had a theory that if I went out really hard at the start, I might get far enough ahead that I would be out of range of her whip! :) She wasn't the least bit fazed, she just reeled me in and blew by me to teach me a lesson!! That was the first 10K that I had done this season and I entered it at nonathlon even though it wasn't that great (853 points), but what really got me laughing was when I looked at the standings!! Brigitte has 7,964 points and I have 7,963!!! :shock: Both of us have to do a marathon still. What do you think Brigitte, want to do an online marathon to see who is the real champ?? Maybe after you recover from your million metre madness!

Shannon
Female lightweight
Marathons completed: 3

[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1155489270.png[/img]

Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 12th, 2007, 6:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnR-ywrpwd8

Just a new concept for a video!

Don't watch more than 5 secs nothing special will happen!!
Just a new idea!!

He is called:

CAPTAIN TWO!!
Tyn

M42H

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » January 13th, 2007, 1:59 pm

Well hosers, we have made into Panama. Completely by coincidence, our route is going to pretty much follow the path of the Panama Canal

I hope this big American battleship in the canal doesn't get too pissed off when our little Eh!Team boat goes smoking past!

Here is a video of that battleship passing through the locks. Maybe Tyn can add a picture of our little Eh!Team boat passing him?

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim

Tyn
10k Poster

Post by Tyn » January 13th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Great video!!

Let me think about addding a littke Eh1team ship!!

Great idea!!

But now I have to go rowing my 10k for today!!
Tyn

M42H

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » January 13th, 2007, 5:08 pm

Happy Birthday, Kit!

Shannon, that online row was great! We all did very well, I think, and actually I just wanted to catch up with you, but when I came close, I noticed that my erg doesn't have brakes, so all I could do was steer B) . I scheduled another row (Ladies10k) for Tuesday at 19:00 GMT. Shall we also go for another one in (your) evening (= my morning)? Maybe later that week, like Thursday/Friday or so? And of course I won't deny you the chance to put me to shame, so why not do an online marathon together? :D Maybe if I try to keep up with you, I can get a few good Nonathlon points too. (But then of course I will have to work on the other distances too, oh well ...)

Cynthia, great to see you here on the board! Do you have RowPro or would you like to try it out? If so, you are more than welcome, if you would like to join us for an online row next week! Also, if you like to go fast, have you already had a look at the Cross Team Challenge: http://www.c2ctc.com ?
danwho wrote:Rick Moranis - also known from Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.
Of course, Dan, now that you mention his name! And I think he was in Ghostbusters too ...
Couldn't find the Strange Brew video here, but found a few snippets on the internet, like where they wonder how to get a mouse into a beer bottle ...
And also this highly educational site on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eh . (Note the connection to Mandarin Chinese and Egyptian Arabic! :lol: )
The basic Hoserdom still eludes me though (mainly because the link is broken, eh!)
ulu wrote:Ok, I'll bite. Maybe Jim should find out about Bernadette first. Who is she?
I was wondering too, Jim ... :wink:
ulu wrote:Hosers, forgive me, eh.
Bernadette get out you whip and whip me, eh.
Tyn, this is a cute little guy!!! Lots of potential there! He is still lacking a few strong rowing muscles, but mabe with a little training you could get him into a boat? But then of course, he is the captain ... so he is possibly that bossy little guy who makes the poor crew row for their life around the world .... :lol: Looking forward to Episode 2 of "Captain Two saving the planet"!!!

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 13th, 2007, 5:26 pm

BriK wrote:Egyptian Arabic! ???
ايه؟

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » January 13th, 2007, 5:32 pm

Prince wrote:ايه؟ or The Team formerly known as Eh!

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » January 13th, 2007, 5:45 pm

danwho wrote:
Prince wrote:ايه؟ or The Team formerly known as Eh!