Really Weird Pm3 Behavior - Workout Dates

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] jschuman

Product

Post by [old] jschuman » January 30th, 2006, 4:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-c2scott+Jan 26 2006, 03:51 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(c2scott @ Jan 26 2006, 03:51 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->jschuman:  <br /><br />Here is the issue with recording dates incorrectly.  This will soon be posted on Concpet2's web site.  These issues are specific to Ver 90 firmware.<br /><br />"Occasionally, Variable interval workouts with no rest time will record the results on your LogCard with the wrong date, specifically tomorrows date.  This problem only happens with Variable Intervals with zero rest.  Concept2 plans to have a fix in a firmware update available around March or April 2006”. <br /> </td></tr></table>Thank you very much for the followup. I appreciate your looking into this.<br /><br />As a temporary workaround, is there any way to "move" a workout manually to another day? (Sorry if this is documented somewhere - I'm just being lazy by asking here rather than doing the due diligence to look it up. <br /><br />Jeff<br />

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » January 30th, 2006, 4:21 pm

There is no way to "move" the workout or edit it that I am aware of. Maybe RowPro has some feature, but I doubt it, and this would definately mess up any verification codes, etc. Sorry.<br />

[old] jschuman

Product

Post by [old] jschuman » January 30th, 2006, 4:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-c2scott+Jan 30 2006, 04:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(c2scott @ Jan 30 2006, 04:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There is no way to "move" the workout or edit it that I am aware of.  Maybe RowPro has some feature, but I doubt it, and this would definately mess up any verification codes, etc.  Sorry. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />ok, no biggee.<br />

[old] grams

Product

Post by [old] grams » January 30th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Thanks for finding the bug. I thought I was definitely getting senile. I work at home so I lose track of what day it is all the time, but I thought my PM3 was smarter than that.<br /><br />grams

[old] phowd

Product

Post by [old] phowd » February 5th, 2006, 7:14 pm

So, are all of you seeing the date on the PM3 as the correct date, but the workout date on the logcard as the correct day + 1? Seems to be what has happened to my PM3 since going to V90. Doesn't really matter to me, but couldn't tell if this was the same behavior ereryone one else was seeing...

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » February 5th, 2006, 8:22 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-phowd+Feb 5 2006, 06:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(phowd @ Feb 5 2006, 06:14 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So, are all of you seeing the date on the PM3 as the correct date, but the workout date on the logcard as the correct day + 1? Seems to be what has happened to my PM3 since going to V90. Doesn't really matter to me, but couldn't tell if this was the same behavior ereryone one else was seeing... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />The known issue with Ver 90 is related to only variable intervals with 0 rest time logging to the current day+1. <br />See <a href='http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... ues.asp#90' target='_blank'>Ver90 Known Issues</a><br /><br />If you are experiencing anything other than what is described in the above link, please email rowing@concept2.com for assistance.<br /><br />-- Scott<br />

[old] Porkchop

Product

Post by [old] Porkchop » February 6th, 2006, 1:30 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-c2scott+Feb 5 2006, 07:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(c2scott @ Feb 5 2006, 07:22 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-phowd+Feb 5 2006, 06:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(phowd @ Feb 5 2006, 06:14 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So, are all of you seeing the date on the PM3 as the correct date, but the workout date on the logcard as the correct day + 1? Seems to be what has happened to my PM3 since going to V90. Doesn't really matter to me, but couldn't tell if this was the same behavior ereryone one else was seeing... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />The known issue with Ver 90 is related to only variable intervals with 0 rest time logging to the current day+1. <br />See <a href='http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... ues.asp#90' target='_blank'>Ver90 Known Issues</a><br /><br />If you are experiencing anything other than what is described in the above link, please email rowing@concept2.com for assistance.<br /><br />-- Scott <br /> </td></tr></table><br />I'm not planning on doing any interval work for a while, but FYI, the date shift is not limited to variable intervals or intervals with no rest. (And the PM3 and the logcard <b><i>both</i></b> show the same wrong date.) This has happened with 8 X 500/3:00 rest, as well as time interval work, when I have done Tabata intervals 8 X 20 sec. max effort/10 sec. rest. Now that I know that I have to look for the problem, I just correct the date when it occurs. It looks funny on the logcard because it displays as of the date that should be displayed, which results in the display looking like it is out of chronological order if I list workouts by date. I wasn't planning to do any intervals near the end of the season, so it has no significant consequence for my recordkeeping.

[old] Ikabob

Product

Post by [old] Ikabob » February 6th, 2006, 8:30 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-c2scott+Jan 30 2006, 03:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(c2scott @ Jan 30 2006, 03:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There is no way to "move" the workout or edit it that I am aware of.  Maybe RowPro has some feature, but I doubt it, and this would definately mess up any verification codes, etc.  Sorry. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Can't you do this???<br />You can export the row from RowPro ( export to someone else ) and edit the file ( notepad ) and alter the the date in the line after the "session" line ( line 24 ) and import it again.

[old] ehagberg

Product

Post by [old] ehagberg » February 6th, 2006, 8:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Ikabob+Feb 6 2006, 07:30 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ikabob @ Feb 6 2006, 07:30 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-c2scott+Jan 30 2006, 03:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(c2scott @ Jan 30 2006, 03:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There is no way to "move" the workout or edit it that I am aware of.  Maybe RowPro has some feature, but I doubt it, and this would definately mess up any verification codes, etc.  Sorry. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Can't you do this???<br />You can export the row from RowPro ( export to someone else ) and edit the file ( notepad ) and alter the the date in the line after the "session" line ( line 24 ) and import it again. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Sure, but that will screw up the PM3 verification code, as c2scott mentioned in your quote.

[old] grams

Product

Post by [old] grams » February 6th, 2006, 11:13 pm

I had mine go ahead one day when I did a single distance pb (no interval or anything) and had to wait till the next day to enter my IND_V time. <br /><br />grams