Foot Straps Loosen Up....

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] eparizeau

Product

Post by [old] eparizeau » January 27th, 2006, 2:54 pm

thanks for the tip - i tried this yesterday and it worked nicely. was a bit of a struggle to get free at the end, but oxygen debt had its effect on my coordination skills (which are pretty limited to begin with).<br /><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Jan 19 2006, 01:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Jan 19 2006, 01:28 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You can stop the straps from slipping, by taking the ends and bringing them back through the buckles.  This way the strap is pulling against itself, and there is no way you are going to get it loose. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] John Rupp

Product

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 27th, 2006, 4:48 pm

You're quite welcome.

[old] Richard Roberts

Product

Post by [old] Richard Roberts » January 29th, 2006, 6:11 pm

Anyone try replacing the current straps with either a buckled strap, like a standard belt, you could punch holes wherever you want or even velcro straps, I know a wide variety of velcro straps are available from computer supply houses for managing cables and the like.I think the standard cables are in need of redesign, I have in the past made up straps from marine supply houses to redo the straps from the likes of Yakima for holding down a kayak. I will likely try something similar to get a more secure cinching down. Course this is all personal preference but when my significant other wondered why I was not using rower every day, I hesitated at first to say how much those straps bother me seems such a trifling detail...my personal preference is snug and not loosening but not something you need to be a Houdini to get out of when done. I will come up with something. I think the velcro that is like a belt, meaning it will have a way to cinch back on itself will would do the trick. R

[old] Sean Seamus

Product

Post by [old] Sean Seamus » January 29th, 2006, 7:09 pm

I tried putting the end of the straps back over & into the buckle<br />Works great<br />At first I drew them tight, which made them a problem to undo<br />but then I tried NOT drawing the loop tight, and that worked fine<br />so, they stay snug, and undo easily

[old] Gaz

Product

Post by [old] Gaz » January 31st, 2006, 7:59 pm

I'm going to put velcro on mine, that should keep them in place I hope.<br />They don't slip much, but when they do it's annoying.