Indoor Rowing Training Guide - TR training guidline

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
laskenr
Paddler

Indoor Rowing Training Guide - TR training guidline

Post by laskenr » September 25th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Question on time to do during TR training. The table show less than or equal value under the TR column. Should we be trying to do faster or slower than this time? That is beteen the listed time and the time on the column to the left or to the column to the right?

jamesg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by jamesg » September 25th, 2006, 2:07 pm

There's a misprint:
Training in the TR band should be equal to or less than TR pace, but not less than the figure in the AN column.
Should be: AT column.
Less and < mean slower than.
Correcting the misprint removes the contradiction with:
The figures indicated are at the top end of each band. UT1, AT, and TR training bands, can be identified as lying between the figure in the training band column and the figure in the column to the left.
08-1940, 183cm, 83kg.
2024: stroke 5.5W-min@20-21. ½k 190W, 1k 145W, 2k 120W. Using Wods 4-5days/week. Fading fast.

laskenr
Paddler

Post by laskenr » October 5th, 2006, 9:05 am

Thanks, that makes more sense and was what I thought was meant eventually. First time I tried to go faster than TR rate and as you might guess that was more than tuff. I could not do all the reps.

tomhz
2k Poster

Post by tomhz » October 5th, 2006, 4:33 pm

jamesg wrote:There's a misprint:
Training in the TR band should be equal to or less than TR pace, but not less than the figure in the AN column.
Should be: AT column.
Less and < mean slower than.
Correcting the misprint removes the contradiction with:
The figures indicated are at the top end of each band. UT1, AT, and TR training bands, can be identified as lying between the figure in the training band column and the figure in the column to the left.
Thanks,

if have been wondering about this too. So the pace in the TR column is the fastest pace you should be aiming at when doing a TR training. I have had handle-down's in TR training sessions because of this misprint. :oops:

Tom

TomR
6k Poster

Post by TomR » October 5th, 2006, 8:29 pm

Tom,

How many handle-down sessions do you figure that misprint has caused?

Tom

tomhz
2k Poster

Post by tomhz » October 7th, 2006, 2:40 pm

TomR wrote:Tom,

How many handle-down sessions do you figure that misprint has caused?

Tom
For me or worldwide?? :lol:

For me 2-3 time within 2 weeks. Then I gave up on TR-sessions. :oops:

Tom