Tips On Buying A Concept 2

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] PeteVu

Product

Post by [old] PeteVu » July 14th, 2005, 7:37 pm

It would be a dream of mine to own a brand spanking new model D concept2, but thats simply impossible at $850. I was wondering if anyone had any tips at buying a cheap one, atleast model C, for about $500 or less. I heard that sometimes gyms upgrade their ergs, but the only thing i ever see around here in houston are 24 hour fitnesses. Has anyone heard about having luck with asking them to buy their ergs? I also heard that competitions sell ergs for cheap. Do they deliver? any other tips to look for used concept2s would be appreciated. Thanks!<br /><br />-Pete

[old] rspenger

Product

Post by [old] rspenger » July 15th, 2005, 12:29 am

They are available at the satellite regattas (in January) and sometimes at trade shows. There is usually a moderate price reduction, they are already assembled, and there is no shipping charge (assuming that you are in the area to pick it up).<br /><br />Bob S.

[old] RacerX

Product

Post by [old] RacerX » July 15th, 2005, 9:38 am

<!--QuoteBegin-PeteVu+Jul 14 2005, 06:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PeteVu @ Jul 14 2005, 06:37 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->It would be a dream of mine to own a brand spanking new model D concept2, but thats simply impossible at $850.  I was wondering if anyone had any tips at buying a cheap one, atleast model C, for about $500 or less.  I heard that sometimes gyms upgrade their ergs, but the only thing i ever see around here in houston are 24 hour fitnesses.  Has anyone heard about having luck with asking them to buy their ergs?  I also heard that competitions sell ergs for cheap.  Do they deliver?  any other tips to look for used concept2s would be appreciated.  Thanks!<br /><br />-Pete <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Pete,<br /><br />Where are you located? I have been thinking about getting a Model D. I have a model C, used only for home use. Might be interested in selling you the model C for $500. I am in Fairfield, CT.<br /><br />Aaron

[old] Hal Morgan

Product

Post by [old] Hal Morgan » July 15th, 2005, 4:51 pm

ebay.<br />

[old] RacerX

Product

Post by [old] RacerX » July 15th, 2005, 4:55 pm

<br />Opps, should read closer. Houston....+1 for ebay <br /><br />Aaron

[old] Sleepy_Floyd

Product

Post by [old] Sleepy_Floyd » August 12th, 2005, 11:41 am

i'd suggest Ebay too.. I looked there before i bought my Model D from Concept 2.. <br /><br />there are model C's going for around $500 plus shipping.. I even saw a 6 month old Model D with a "buy it now" price of $725. I hesitated and it was gone right before I decided to go and buy it.. If you're patient and you live near a large city, I'll bet there's a good chance you'll find a model C, close enough to pick up in person. One thing you need to watch out for, is make sure you ask the seller which monitor is on the machine... upgrading the monitor afterward can add cost.<br /><br />SF

[old] Cayenne

Product

Post by [old] Cayenne » August 13th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Racer X,<br /><br />WARNING ! I'm about to ask a question that must have been posted in some different form on this forum, but...<br /><br />Why do you contemplate upgrading to a "D" when you have an excellent "C" ?<br /><br />I ask you specifically because I appreciate your athletic background and the overall sensible approach you demonstrate in posting. ( You helped me once with a "low back issues" post. Thanks. ) <br /><br />More specifically, have you used the "D" and experienced a difference that makes the "upgrade" worthwhile, or, is it just that the $ difference is basically inconsequential to you and you'd just prefer having the "latest" or, some other reason(s) ? <br /><br />BTW, I own an excellent condition "C". Yesterday, I purchased "like new", never used, in the box, slides for $150.00 and the seller was kind enough to drive them to me. <br /><br />To bring this post back to the original question though, I found the slides @ Craigslist.org. The seller was also looking to sell his barely used "D", but that does not help our Houston friend. ( It does make me interested in <br />Racer X's thinking here though since I could have made that purchase. )<br /><br />However, Pete, please do scan craigslist.org for your area. After monitoring it for about 2 weeks, I am almost certain that I will never purchase a major fitness apparatus "brand new retail" again. Much better to help the "expensive coat hanger" crowd de-clutter, and while I've not used e-bay, ( am I the only one, ) this craigslist.org experience was a win-win.<br /><br />Stay strong,<br /><br />Eddie

[old] garycolwill

Product

Post by [old] garycolwill » August 26th, 2005, 4:21 am

I suggest ebay, as well. I just bought a C for $527 total, and picked up locally. Good luck!

[old] slo_boat

Product

Post by [old] slo_boat » August 26th, 2005, 9:30 am

<!--QuoteBegin-PeteVu+Jul 14 2005, 06:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PeteVu @ Jul 14 2005, 06:37 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->It would be a dream of mine to own a brand spanking new model D concept2, but thats simply impossible at $850.  I was wondering if anyone had any tips at buying a cheap one, atleast model C, for about $500 or less.  I heard that sometimes gyms upgrade their ergs, but the only thing i ever see around here in houston are 24 hour fitnesses.  Has anyone heard about having luck with asking them to buy their ergs?  I also heard that competitions sell ergs for cheap.  Do they deliver?  any other tips to look for used concept2s would be appreciated.  Thanks!<br /><br />-Pete <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I think that the Dallas Rowing Cub <a href='http://www.dallasrowingclub.org/' target='_blank'>http://www.dallasrowingclub.org/</a> sells their ergs after the SWEAT in January. If you can wait that long, you may be able to get a new machine at a good discount.<br /><br />I don't know if I would buy a used erg from 24HR Fitness. I work out at Golds in Austin, and none of the clubs takes care of their ergs. I think if you were lucky enough to find one that was salvagable when they were ready to part with it, you would have to do some major repairs.