Concept 2 Rower Problem

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] HowardM

Product

Post by [old] HowardM » June 10th, 2005, 6:59 pm

HI ALL<br /><br />I wonder if any one else as encountered this problem:-<br /><br />The rower can be set for a time or distance and will function fine for several days,<br />then for no particular reason the PM2 monitor just resets itself and you lose whatever you were doing at the time which is most frustrating if your doing a ranked piece.<br />We have swapped the monitor with another monitor and still the problem existed.<br />We then changed the sensor that runs between flywheel and monitor on 2 occasions and again today the PM2 cutout again with 2 different users at different times. The original monitor we swapped, was mounted onto another rower and was<br />fine. I am beginning to suspect its the sensor again or a bad connection between the monitor and sensor.<br />In addition we have checked the magnets are still in place on the flywheel and the<br />batteries have been replaced. The monitor compartment was checked for corrosion<br />and I am glad to say there was none found.<br />I am at a loss to know what else I should be checking and wondered if anyone else had come across a similar problem that they might be able to pass on there experience and help me solve this issue.<br /><br />Thanks for your help in advance<br /><br />HowardM<br />

[old] John Rupp

Product

Post by [old] John Rupp » June 10th, 2005, 10:30 pm

Are you making sure the sensor plug is being pushed all the way into the back of the monitor.

[old] HowardM

Product

Post by [old] HowardM » June 13th, 2005, 2:54 am

Hi John Rupp<br /><br />Thankyou for your reply we have checked that the plug is going in all the way at the monitor rear but we still haven't found whats causing the problem.<br />On Saturday we set the rower for a distance of 25000m and after 2500m it zeroed itself, then we set it again ie at 22500m and it completed the distance without switching off.<br /><br /><br />regards <br /><br /><br />HowardM

[old] C2Shawn

Product

Post by [old] C2Shawn » June 13th, 2005, 8:31 am

<br />Hi HowardM<br /><br />The only thing I can think of is if you also have a heart rate wire plugged into the PM2. I have seen an intermittent HR conection make the monitor blank out. If so, unplug this wire from the PM2 for a few workouts and see if it helps.<br /><br />Shawn

[old] HowardM

Product

Post by [old] HowardM » June 19th, 2005, 4:51 am

Hi C2Shawn<br /><br /><br />Sorry I haven't responded sooner bur thankyou for your response.<br /><br />We have no heart strap wire with this rower.<br /><br />However we have had the rower stripped and replaced the monitor and sensor and made sure the sensor cable is not trapped anywhere.<br />We are keeping our fingers crossed it was another sensor problem but only time will tell.<br /><br /><br />Regards <br /><br />HowardM

[old] John Rupp

Product

Post by [old] John Rupp » June 19th, 2005, 11:28 am

Then maybe it's a malfunction in the design of that particular machine.